Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Grammy24

Hi Grammy from Ky!

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to Ladybing Tammy

hi,glad to see you, what times do you all usually visit, daytime,night? I so enjoy

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Grammy24

Hi, Grammy, so glad you decided to join our little group! We are definitely a mixed bag of nuts, but very fun. It's been a little quiet here lately, I'm sure it's got a lot to do with all the hustle bustle busy pressure of this time of year. So much to do, so little time.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Grammy24

Hi Grammy. Kentucky is a beautiful state! One of my best friends used to live in Louisville and I used to drive to visit her.

This has been a fun thread - just kind of a talk about everything thread. Very nice to have you join us.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to chocolateaxel

Hi Grammy! Welcome aboard the good ship crop-a-lot.

Darla did you go to PA this morning? What did you get?

Just got home from our craft show. Spent 3 hours there. Got a couple of things. Saw lots of people I haven't seen in a long time. It was good time.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to SherylEb

thank you all for the welcome. I know it is a busy time of the year for everybody.Today was the christmas parade in our town. Floats and all the youth organizations come together for fun. also, santa brings up the end throwing candy.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to Henri Jean

thanks, Ky is such a beautiful state. our youngest daughter went to u of Louisville. Campus was beautiful, but tooo big for her. I loved to go visit because that was where Archievers is located. About 2 hours NE from us

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Grammy24

I'm so jealous - got spoiled by Archivers in Atlanta - nothing like that here.

We do have some nice scrapbook stores but nothing has the selection of Archivers.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Tammy - thinking of you today.

We were in Victoria, Canada on the cruise in July and I was going through all my pictures from Victoria. To be honest, they aren't that good except for one taken at night where the building is all lit up.

The picture I really wanted to turn out well of me with the horse and carriage - well its a big blur and Bill didn't turn on the flash. I asked him to take it again but the carriage was taking off so we didn't want to make the driver wait around while we took more pictures.

When we got back to the ship - the picture I wanted most was as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Besides the one night shot, I had lots of building shots and I didn't want to clutter a page of buildings - just didn't feel right for this one. Wanted to capture the feeling of Canada better than that then decided to search for the words for O Canada. Found them but didn't know how to display them and so I looked for the sheet music to O Canada.

I found it and printed it on paper that looks a bit aged - full 8 1/2 x 11. I angled the sheet music and put the post card over the middle of it on black cardstock. Then put my night picture in the lower left corner of the building that is on the postcard.

I really like it! There really is an elegance about this page. Now just need to distress the edges of the sheet music which will be easy.

The previous pages are pictures and history of a brothel and I really wanted to tone it down. I think you will like it Tammy.

I'm trying to get caught up on my posting so I can put it up.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Belated happy birthday Sheryl, welcome Grammy!

I had a class today, in binding a mini album - superb! Our printer is out of ink so I can't print out the photos for it - it's killing me.

It's December 1st everyone. As if you hadn't noticed. Christmas month. I can feel the adrenaline rising, can you?

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
I'm not ashamed, I'm 51. I know I live in a small town, but it is big enough I don't find it nosy. When me and hubs first got married, we lived in Loyal. That's where hubs is from. It's like 20 miles from here and population is like a hundred an good day. When I was pregnant I walked every day when I got home from work. Apparently that was the same time every day. One time I didn't go, and we had 3people call to see if I had the baby because they didn't see me go by. I was so mad. I thought they were so nosy! We moved as soon as I could get hubs out of there. In Kingfisher population is sound 5,000. So I do understand your feeling! I grew up here, my parents grew up here, I raised both my kids here, so I guess I just don't see this town as nosy.

Hey Sheryl, we are close in age....I'll be turning 50 next year...ACK! I can't believe it!
I have a young son though (had my child later in life) so no grown kids.....
Happy Belated Birthday!

I definitely feel the Christmas spirit now!
We opened our first box on the advent calender this morning and started opening our Christmas books (one book per day for my son leading up to Christmas, all Christmas stories but I wrap them so he has something to open each day)....We also did our first December Daily prompt which was for him to write his letter to Santa

Happy December everyone!
Alison

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kiyawinn

I got one batch of gifts all wrapped for the big trip home to Canada and have one more batch to do.

Henri I am sure I will love your layout of Victoria.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to RedSquirrel UK

thank you red squirrel.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Hey, y'all! It has been such a busy day for me, very unusual that I do this much on a Saturday. That is the day I try to keep open so I can recharge after the work week.
Ms Sheryl, I did go to PA this morning, got quite a lot of stuff, some paper (like I really needed to add more paper to my stash, lol), lots of embellies, flowers, Washi tape, the usual stuff. Then this evening a friend called me, I had told her about the sale there, well I don't know what kind of con game Marie is playing but I am seeing red! According to her email and her signs posted in the store, as long as something fits in the green bag, it's 25% off. The only exceptions are gift certificates and class fees. While I was in the store, a lady asked about paper, it fits in the bag but sticks out the top, Marie said that was fine, it was in the bag so it was discounted. I bought some paper for a couple of specific projects, maybe 10-12 sheets, and the young girl working the register rang it at 25% off. So my friend goes in late this afternoon and the young girl tells her the paper can't be discounted because it doesn't fit in the bag, she even called to the back of the store to verify it with Marie. No discount. What the?!?!?!? I told my friend she needs to go back in and raise he//, if they discount it for some people they should discount it for all. Well, I am ticked because I'm the one who told my friend about the sale to begin with, and it is just not right. The only justice is my friend is a native of Guthrie, knows every scrapbooker and paper artist in town, and she will definitely spread the word how Marie is conducting her business. She has lost my business as well, and the icing on the cake was after she refused to discount paper, she had the nerve to ask my friend to have me call her about teaching a class for her! No freaking way! When I first got home, I was ready to just crash, then my friend called and I've been so worked up over the whole deal that I can't settle down now! Please is there anybody online to chat with while I try to cool down????

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to chocolateaxel

It's not Friday but I shopped today. Went with a friend to Hobby Lobby and Michaels and then we went to a new Mexican restaurant for dinner. We will be going back!

Bought lots of the specialty papers tonight. I finished one brothel layout for Ketchikan but have another to do for Seattle and a really long one for Wallace, Idaho which has the best brothel tour.

I've done the journaling already for all of them.

Bought burgundy flocked paper - reminded me of a brothel and red velvet paper and lace transparency to go over it and another that is just paper but looks like black and red lace. Going to have fun with these.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Hi everyone...just a quick check-in. It seems like there is never time to come chat anymore. Haven't heard from Jarvae for a while either, so I'm assuming she's keeping busy.

Sheryl, sorry I missed your birthday, but it sounds like you had fun, in spite of the pedicure. I'm with you...not my idea of a good time. I love for hubby to rub my feet to put me to sleep at night, but no strangers allowed :>)

Hi Grammy, glad you came in to chat. My grandma was from near Louisville. I've gone back to find the little town she was born in and found an old family cemetery. Another "someday" scrap-page for the photos I took.

Today I went to my oldest daughter's to help her with a Christmas card party for her church-small-group ladies. I'm the one who says a crop sounds awful to me, having to haul everything there. Well, hubby ended out taking out seats from our van to get everything in that I took with me. We talked, ate chili, talked, ate fudge and cookies, talked, had an ornament exchange, talked, ate some more fudge, and finally attempted to work on cards. Everyone had fun...not sure any cards got made that anyone will use, but they all had fun playing around with all the toys. Tomorrow afternoon I'll get all of my stuff put back into place.

Henri, your brothel paper sounds really pretty and perfect for the LOs.

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday~Judy

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to mrsdriver5

Hello. I have lurked on this post for a LONG time and find your responses fun and insightful. I shopped yesterday with a coupon and got a set of 12 Twinkling H2o paints.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to pinkpaperairedale

well the lurkers are coming out of the woodwork woohoo! Welcome - we are nothing without our fearless leader Kory - all you newbies must check his blog.

Darla - that would make me really peeved too! I would probably even curse! The Knightly Moose is off collecting a few bits and bobs at the grocery store (he hangs with his mate whilst they do this - how boring for me) and I finished off laundry and cleaned up the kitchen after breakfast. We are going to see the MIL today with Moosey's sister and then we are celebrating sis birthday at an Indian restaurant. I am wondering how wise that is with surgery first thing tomorrow but it is what it is...I think we will shop a bit first.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24

Good Morning This Sunday, Raining in Ky today but just love it. May try to scrap this afternoon but we are staying busy. Busy making memories with our grandchildren. We have a new baby that is 3 months old but was in Louisville in a nicu for 9 weeks.He was born 2 hours away. He was on time, easy c section but just came out with neurological problems that are very slowly resolving themselves. Has to wear monitors for heartrate and oxygen with a monitor but Its all good and we are so lucky to have Lucas. His mommy is our youngest. He is also so lucky to have his parents as they are wonderful advocates for Lucas. The drs cannot find anything specific and I feel like he will outgrow everything . If you saw him he looks perfect and is growing.Not getting enough pics of him and his mom hates pics to be taken with his tubes.......but that is my Lucas.That is purpose to scrap today! Everyone have a Blessed Day

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24

We can be newbes together!!! Hi

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics