Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to designguyKORY

Korybean! I'm so glad you're back! Maybe if things are slowing down a bit for you, we can hit Basket Market soon. If they are having a can't miss sale, I will go to Ms, but it will be a cold day you know where before I go back to PA. But we'll always have MHF! I can't imagine either Maura or Lisa doing anything to make either of us boycott them!
Henri Jean, da hubs and I have been married over 28 years, plus we lived together about 6 months or so before we got married, and I can probably count on 1 hand the number of times we've gone to bed at the same time. He likes to go to bed early and I'm very much a night owl, so our schedules just aren't in synch. And when he is ready to go to bed, he goes, period. He isn't about to lose any sleep just because I'm not ready for bed. And I don't blame him. If the tables were turned, I wouldn't wait on him, I'd go on to bed without him. I know each relationship is different, just as each person is different, but just asking out of curiosity - do you ever want to just say leave me alone to finish what I'm doing and go on to bed? No judgement, just asking because I am not sure how I would handle it if hubs wouldn't go to bed without me, lol. Of course, since he is gone 7 to 9 months out of the year, it's a moot point for us.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to Henri Jean

I'm surprised that you get time to sleep let alone eat Henri...your life is so full of wonderful things. Lucky girl x by the way Chinese is my favourite and I insist on one twice a month my treat x

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Besneys

Thank you for the welcome. My shopping arrived... 4 brilliance ink pads and some distress pads. Probably won't unwrap until the weekend. Nice to think about them..........

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I had to stay in the hospital overnight but I am home and resting - there was a minor complication but all should be good - we'll know in a couple of weeks for sure.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Lady Tammy! So glad you're home now, but sorry there was any complication. Get lots of rest, praying for speedy recovery and a great outcome!

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24

Great, glad all is well. Better days coming !

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to chocolateaxel

my dh worked nights for many years and I was a day shift person, he never went to bed @ night. will be 38 years this month.. People have different clocks !!! With as much as you travel do you have a hard time with jetlag Henri?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Grammy24

So glad all is well Tammy. I was hoping to see a post from you when I got up this morning. Get feeling better and stronger - you are in my thoughts and prayers.

I do get jet lagged. The worst was in Sicily. We did not know we were going to Italy that day but were able to get a flight from Jacksonville all the way there, very unexpected. We had given ourselves 12 days to get to Rome. We knew there was a flight to Oceanus and one to Norfolk but no idea either were taking us all the way.

When we got to SIcily we took a short nap and then got out for the afternoon and we were fine. The next morning we work up and were going back into the city. We watched Jeopardy while we got ready and then got a bus into Cantania. At one point we stopped and saw a clock for the first time which said it was nearly 5:00 PM. We thought it was aorund 10:00 or 10:30AM and commented how this clock was really off. We thought we were up early and we had slept until 4:00 in the afternoon.

Going to Hawaii twice a year from home doesn't bother us but coming from Hawaii back to Florida sometimes wipes us out. If we are in AUstralia and fly to Hawaii it messes us up a bit.

The worst was when we were in Germany two years ago and flew to Delaware and spent one night. Then we thought we were going home but instead we decided to jump on a flight to Hawaii. That was about 10 hours on a flight and then turn around and take another 10 hour flight to Hawaii. That was an awesome flight too - it was a C-17 and there were no seats so the pilot put us in the jumps seats in the cockpit! However, we did have to deal with jet lag when we got to Hawaii.

Going to bed together - Bill is an old army green beret/special forces guy and I'm a semi-retired real estate agent and I have owned 3 of my own businesses (personnel related). We were engaged as teenagers and I broke up with him for 38 years. WHen we go to bed I'm not a real estate agent anymore and he isn't a green beret. We can relax and just be sweethearts put the real world behind us.

When we got back together we just went to bed the first night and that never changed. Our bedtime is a big ritual for us. That is the time we spend on each other. He gives me rubs and foot massages. He likes to be powdered under his neck, and armpits and everywhere else becuase it keeps him cooler and he sleeps better. And he loves the smell of the baby powder so that is part of our ritual. Then we cuddle up and that is when we talk about our day. We spend time in bed every night talking and just sharing our day. I rub his back until he falls asleep and he rubs my shoulders - we don't know who falls asleep first. Its just the time of the day when we put the day behind us and its just our time to unwind and pay attention to each other.

I dont' know how it started out that way but it has always been that way. We sleep in a tangled up knot all not and we are both comforted by the other being there when we go to sleep.

Sometimes when he really wants to go to bed and I am not ready I do wish he would just go on but in the long run it just woulnd't feel right.

It doesn't matter how busy our days are - if I have real estate customers (sometimes I do - have some now) or whatever else I do, when we go to bed that is the time just for each other.

Works for us. Would drive most people crazy I know. Since we are on the road and in hotel rooms or on cruise ships, you don't have much choice but to go to bed together. When we first got back together our first date was a 3 week road trip and maybe that set the pattern.

One funny thing - he is cold natured and hates cold sheets. He can't stand getting in a cold bed. He likes an electric blanket and I can't stand electric blankets. Just don't like them. Nor do I like flannel sheets - just way too hot for me. I can't get comfortable.

So our routine in the winter - I shower first and then climb into the very center of the bed and make a warm spot for him with my body heat while he is in the shower. Then when he gets out of the shower he comes to me and says, "Okay, give it up. I want the warm spot" and I roll over to my side of the bed and get cool sheets again which I love and he gets into the spot I'm warmed. Makes us both happy and comfy.

No matter what we are doing, we think of each other when it is time to go to bed. That is just really special time for us. Bill says its his favorite part of the day and he looks forward to going to bed with me all day and snuggling and cuddling.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Tammy - good wishes to you!

Henri - y'all sound so cute!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

Bill and I have a lot of fun together Tanya. I think we are making ujp for the 38 lost years. We really are having a blast.

In our entires lives and all our past relationships and marriages were fiecely protected our independence and did not allow anyone to interfere with that. We had relationships but were still very independent people.

At this age and this time around that indivisual indpenednce isn't so important anymore. Its like we are independent together if that makes sense.

Yesteday one of our neighbors brought us some new Triscuit crackers. They are not on the shelves yet so the ingredient panels and info is not even printed on the boxes yet but the front of the boxes are complete.

They are just being tested I guess and getting ready for marketing but they are full sized boxes of Tricuits. The flavors are really weird.

There are the following boxes of flavors of Triscuits:

Triscuit Brown Rice - Sea Salt and Black Pepper
Triscuit Brown Rice - Sweet Potato and sea salt
Triscuit Brown Rice - Savory Red Bean
Triscuit Brown Rice - Red Beans with Roasted peppers
Triscuit Brown Rice - Sweet Potato with Roasted Sweet Onion
Triscuit Brown Rice - Tomato & Sweet Basil

I have never heard of Triscuit Brown Rice flavors.

The upper right hand corner of the box says, "Product Sample, Not for sale. They are regular Triscuit-sized boxes and the boxes look like you would see on the grocery shelves and there is a UPC and brand seal on the bottom. Front and back of the items are identical and on the nutrition facts, instead of a number or percentage each line says "x%".

Besneys
Guru
Besneys

Way to go Henri xxx Life is too short to do anything that you don't want to...I had a brush with Cancer some 9 years ago just after my 50th birthday..it took 5 years to get the all clear but now hopefully we live life to the full, which is also why we go on hols with all the family I can't bear to leave them at home xx

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Besneys

Tammy glad to hear you're good....hope you get good news in 2 weeks! Thinking of you!

Alison

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh those sweet potatoes and roasted sweet corn ones sound wonderful

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

Tammy.
Henri that's sweet!
Good to see you over here pinkpaper!
Hi to everyone else.

And me? Well I spent the day dressed in blue, sitting on a straw bale, cuddling the baby Jesus.

One little girl knocked over the myrrh. Another little boy, when asked "and what did the baby Jesus become?" replied "incarnate". Another big 11-year-old, who had been running rampant through the other tents, when he walked into mine and saw THE BABY JESUS and MARY, shrunk and crept wide-eyed to his straw bale and didn't take his eyes off me the whole time.

And the best of all, when the team priest told his group that myrrh was all gloopy like chocolate Calpol, one boy told him off, saying that that was insulting and racist.

And I'm doing it all again 9-3 every day till lunchtime on Saturday. So forgive me if I don't get on here much till next week. I'll save up the cute-isms, I promise.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Glad to hear you are home Tammy! Hope you continue to get better.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SherylEb

That is awesome Rosey! Is the baby Jesus someone in your church? Are there stand-ins if he gets fussy? That is really a cool thing to be doing!

You are right Besneys - life is much too short. So glad your cancer is behind you and you are enjoying your family.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh Rosey - you are too cute!

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24

Life IS to short......Sounds like you finally have what you deserve and Bill too. I have tried to live a life with no regrets the past 13 years after I had some medical problems....But sometimes things just get in my way and I have to just keep chuggin' along. whenI think I am having a bad day,I try to remember how blessed I really am. If people heard me talking to myself I would be locked up and the key lost! My parents are 87 and 80. My dad still calls her his sweet darlin. They wait on each other. Mom really spoils dad and always has. I hope @ that age we still just recognize each other.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Grammy24

from your lips to God's ears Grammy!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

I have a job interview today for a mid year replacement teaching position. It is 4th grade. I miss teaching soooo much and hate working in the call center, please keep me in your thoughts.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics