Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to NMlady

will do! Keep positive thoughts yourself though too!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Henri Jean

That's really sweet that y'all can snuggle and sleep that way. Although I enjoy snuggling, I'm so incredibly hot natured that I can't handle it more than a couple of minutes, I get way too hot if anybody touches me while I'm trying to sleep, and da hubs has restless leg so those are all probably why we never bothered trying to synch our inner timeclocks to going to bed at the same time. We would both be miserable. During the rare times when he is home, we always have some quiet time in the evening when we can catch up, hold hands, get back in tune with each other, but the bedtime would never work for us, lol.
Hello to everyone, hope y'all are all enjoying whatever kind of weather you're having in your part of the world. It has been so warm here, I can't believe it's really December, and here I go complaining again, but I'm so sick of warm weather I could scream! Where's my cold weather?!? I endure 8 to 9 months of hot/warm weather for the fleeting 2 to 3 months of cool/cold, and this year I'm getting gypped out of some cold time!
Okay, enough of that, lol, gotta go walk the furbaby (and get all sweaty, yuck!) but I'll be back later if anyone is around to chat.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to NMlady

How excited! Please keep us updated! I just saw this post so the interview is probably over. I hope it went well for you.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

NMlady... I hope the teaching job comes through for you.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Good checkup at the doctor today for both of us. Lost 8 pounds. Bill lost 2.

Bill does have to see the cardiologist for a reading on his pace maker. But from the vitals today, no problems are expected.

We both have to go in for blood work - doctor likes that every 3 months.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to NMlady

Good Luck !!!!!!Hope it is everything you wanted..

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24

Do they read Bills pacemaker from home ?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Grammy24

They could if he bought the equipment but he just goes into the doctors office. He has only had it since March so its shiny new still. It's one of those that you can go through airport security withy no problem and have MRIs.

Bummer is we were in Hawaii in January and he jumped up at 2:00 in the morning and yelled something bit me and ran to the bathroom to look at his lip.

It was bleeding in two places. He though it was a wasp or bee and started checking the bedroom. When he pulled the cover back there was a centipede about 6" long under the cover at the foot of our bed.

That is what bit him on the lip - he had two fang marks. He took Benedryl and called the hospital and poison control and they told him to watch swelling. If the swelling was under control he didn't need medical attention.

Then when we went in for our checkups in March the nurse looked at him funny and asked him, "How long has your heart rate been at 142? She checked again and it was 151.

They sent him to emergency - he had no idea he was in A-fib. They wanted him in an ambulance but he refused - it was just a mile down the road from the doctor's office.

Anyway they tried for 5 days to get his heart rate under control and it bounced from 79-165 and drastically every second. Nothing would control it at all so they had to put in a pace maker.

They said he is healthy - former Green Beret for 20 years. No history of heart problem and nothing to indicate something like this.

I asked the doctor if the centepide could have done it and he said it was a definite possiblity. I went home and looked up centipedes and found almost every reference said that if you get stung to get an immediate EKG. It can cause heart issues, especially if stung near the heart. The lip would have been a direct route for the venum to get to his heart.

Anyway, he is doing great now. He got his pacemaker on a Thursday night and was driving and out shopping Saturday night. Just really healthy except for the pacemaker.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24

wow, a centipede? I had no idea they were so dangerous or had fangs. we occasionally see one in Ky. thought they were harmless, may be a different specie. I am on pacemaker/defibralater #3. Wonderful little machines.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Grammy24

The centiipedes in Hawaii are big ugly things about 6" long - very venemous. I don't think the ones here are that dangerous.

THe ones in Hawaii will kill an infant or small child. They are related to the scorpion and can do serious damage.

The little cousins here may sting - I don't know but they are dangerous like the ones in Hawaii. The cabin we were staying on when we were on the beach for a month was surrounded by pine straw and they breed in the pine straw.

We are in Hawaii all the time and this is the only place I know of them being a problem. When we stay on base or in Waikiki we've never seen one.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to Grammy24

hope everyone is having a great day. Weather here is cool but with bright sunshine.If it keeps this up I am going to have to go back to the camper for a few days !! Henri, I see you are scrapping today. She is precious. Stopped by this afternoon to see my littlest, Lucas. He is an angel. His momma has to grab her camera everytime he has his eyes open and a lot with his eyes closed!!! She isnot interested in scrapping but has grown up with it. Its hard to decide which to scrap

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to chocolateaxel

Turned my A/C off this morning and turned on the heat. Here in Ky we wonder what time of the year it is...Glad people put up christmas lights to remind us. When I was a child it was always cold after Thanksgiving and had snow to start Dec., Put the tree up with snow and hot chocolate. But that was many winters ago!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Grammy24

As much as I love the warm weather, there is something about a few cold days in December to kick in the Christmas spirit - I finally shopped for my youngest son today and I think I'm done shopping for him this year.

My husband is still baffling me - no idea. Thinking about a Holland America gift certificate if I can't think of anything else.

Need or order Ruth Chris' gift certificates for $200 each for the married kids and their spoudse and send an American Express gift card to Bill's son.

That just leaves my mom and I'm officially through shopping! I'm also clueless there too!

When the weather is colder I'm more in a mood to address and put a note in Christmas cards and to wrap gifts and put on CHristmas music. I hate cold weather but still, living in Atlanta for 20 years - it is part of Christmas!

When my son and his wife come for a weekend I have hundreds of pictures to scrap. It is very hard to decide which ones will actually be used - there are so many that I love! I just scrap my favorites - but the problem is I have so MANY favorites!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Grammy24

• Grammy24 Said:
Turned my A/C off this morning and turned on the heat. Here in Ky we wonder what time of the year it is...Glad people put up christmas lights to remind us. When I was a child it was always cold after Thanksgiving and had snow to start Dec., Put the tree up with snow and hot chocolate. But that was many winters ago!!

Well, I live in Canada (close to Toronto, Ontario) and I remember huge snow drifts and a foot of snow when I was growing up....
We used to have fires in the fireplace and hot chocolate.
Yesterday it was 13C here (55.4F) in December....that's crazy! We're getting a lot of rain but not any snow!

Alison

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to kiyawinn

Hey, y'all, how's everyone doing this fine night?
I've made it halfway through the week, hopefully with only 2 days left I'll make it the rest of the way, lol.
All this talk of cold weather sure has me craving it! I do so adore cold weather and so detest warm/hot weather, if we don't get some winter soon, I may go the rest of the way off my rocker!
I've been immersed in making the Christmas cards for all the clients of the Pet Food Pantry, thank goodness I'm almost done! They will be ready for mail out Saturday, all 85 of them. Although I've enjoyed the process, I'm pretty burned out on the design, lol.
Lady Tammy, hope you're doing well!
Y'all enjoy the rest of your evening, I'll chat with everyone later.......

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to chocolateaxel

I feel like my interview went well, but as I have no idea how I compare to the others interviewed it is now wait and see. If I get it I should know on Monday, if not, I will get a letter sometime thereafter in the mail.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to NMlady

One thing I learned from a friend. Her daughter went to an interview and was perfect for the job, but didn't get it. They told her it was because she didn't send a thank you. She could have even emailed a thank you for taking the time to interview her would have worked. I have remembered that ever since.
If its something you can send a thank you for, you might do that.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to SherylEb

Sending a thank you would be nice, but would not get to them before they send their info to human resources, since they were doing that today. Human Resources makes the final decision based on how the hiring committee ranks the interviewees on several areas and the responses they get from references and also looking at the candidates experience and credentials. The committee is made up of 4 teachers, a parent and the principal. I will send them a thank you though for selecting me to be interviewed. Who knows they may have another position open up unexpectedly.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to NMlady

thinkng good thoughts for you sweetie.

I am off again today - just a little whoozy - too whoozy to sit behind a desk for 8 hours.

So I shall endeavour to rest when I need to today and catch up on sleep. Just catching up here first.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Darla, your cold weather is on its way Sunday night into Monday. This warm-weather loving girl is NOT looking forward to it, LOL!

Well, I had a decent day yesterday, then went to get ingredients for all the dog & people treats I bake this time of year, and ran into one of my ex-friends. I was really surprised/shocked/stunned . She acted like nothing was wrong, and we were just old friends that were catching up. I feel like I handled it really well, not letting her get to me. I waited until I got back to my car before all the tears fell. I know logically, that things would never be the same but have missed her friendship so badly. I have a quote at my desk that says "I don't miss you, I miss who I thought you were" and I have to keep telling myself that!

Finished 3 batches of 2 kinds of dog treats last night, have lots more to do. I'm taking my boxer to a Red Dirt Boxer Rescue fundraiser this weekend, and to see his rescue/foster mom. Like last year, I started gathering fleece blankets, treats and toys for their adoptable pups. I can't wait to play Santa again!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics