Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bayamonesa1

So funny Rosey - kids say such adorable when they say things like that. Keep sharing.

Jealous that you got Christmas stuff up already Manda. I'm thinking about starting to address Chrsitmas cards but haven't gotten beyond thinking. I think its the warm Florida weather. Just doesn't feel like CHristmas is around the corner.

My son melted my heart this morning - he's 35 and I'm really proud of him.

His grandmother sends him a check every Christmas and like me, he stresses about what to buy her becuase she can buy any thing she wants for herself.

He texted me a copy of what he sent her.

He filled out a check and sent it to her with a Christmas card. It is made out to her and on the amount line he wrote X O and on the line with the amount he wrote "one hug and one kiss" then wrote in the card she could cash it when he went to see her at Christmas.

I thought that was so sweet!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Henri Jean

Morning, everyone!!

Wow, I had a long night, last night. Was at the theatre, helping to train a new 'House Manager'- a college student who's interning with us for a college credit- and since our other intern is actually stage managing, we had to bring in a new intern. So.... wow. I felt old. I didn't realize how old I am and look, until I was standing next to and talking with this young college girl.

And it was taxing. I am not the most patient of people. Imagine that.

THEN I ran home and was up til the early morning hours with Holly- trying to work on our Christmas banners for the banner swap at My Heart's Fancy. DARLA- did you talk me into doing this??? I think I might've been all for it on the day- but now I'm looking for someone to blame. Three hours of work late last night and I don't have ONE complete piece to show for it- I think I'm close to having one pennant done- but nothing glued down. Of course, I was spending most of the time die-cutting things for Holly, who is famous for playing dumb to get people to do something for her- "Oh, I need one of these cut out- will you do it for me? But I don't know how to crank it through that thingy." And when I tell you she DOES know how or say 'just stack this and run it thru-' - THEN she pretends her wrist is broken or something. But I love her.

Cricut Craft Room has been putting free cut designs online in the 'My Cartridges' section every week- which is VERY cool and fun! I checked today and they put a bunch of snowflakes and stuff- which will be perfect for a few of my pennants! So excited to get home tonight. Which will be late- it's 'opening night' so there's a party after- but yay, free dinner!

DARLAAAAAAA- yes! Let's hit up Basket Market!! Wanna go tomorrow? I think I'll be free pretty early- wanna pick me up and see my craft room that I'm so hard at work on, and my new apartment? If you're nice, I'll let you hang up artwork!!! But seriously- let me know. I needs some Basket Market time with my favorite shopper!

Well, I'm rambling. I'm bored at work.

I DID go to Paper Crown on my lunch break y'day- I picked up some October Afternoon alphas. I am ADDICTED to those- they are PERFECT. Every single one of them. I love their letter stickers- especially the little rectangle ones- dangit, I keep buying more than I can ever use, because I like to see them stacked up in a plastic bin. I'm like Florrie Fisher in that old PSA where she's talking to a bunch of high schoolers, scaring them senseless with her tales of drug addiction and even crazier rambling stories of her day to day life- including how she likes to buy a dress in every color. Have y'all seen that? Do you even know who Florrie Fisher is?! I am obsessed with her. I was once determined to memorize the entire 28 minute rant (the PSA is called "The Trip Back") and perform it live, under the title "KORY KIGHT *IS* FLORRIE FISHER."

okay, I'll shut up before y'all send men in white coats for me...

now, back to Henri for the sports-

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Aww, that is sweet!!

Frankly, I am surprised we got anything up! I have these delusions that we will all be drinking hot cocoa and putting up ornaments while Christmas music plays in the background.

Instead, it is mostly me freaking out out because the kids are breaking ornaments and/or arguing and putting trims on all wrong! BUT, I was very good and stepped back and let them put them on wrong. Then I went back and fixed it.

I did an ATC swap and got those all mailed, cards next, AND I need to sneak in a layout or two! I am also going to work on a garland and one more wreath. Have to hit Hobby Lobby tonight.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to Manda_K

Our decorations are now up! That's the earliest we've ever done that I think. But we didn't have a tree or much of a Christmas last year, so this year we're making the most of it.

It's the last day of Star Trail tomorrow, and it's the general public, not the schools. I'm not expecting any more funnies, but you never can tell. It's going to be a real marathon actually - 2.5+ solid hours with no break, repeating the same segment every 6 minutes. I need to remember to bring a cushion. Those straw bales are HARD and LUMPY.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 12-07-12 10:59 AM
In response to RedSquirrel

Hi everyone! I've missed you guys so much! I have no idea what's going on in anyone's lives but I hope all is well! I have one more work trip this year and then I should be back to checking in regularly if the holidays will let me.

In a nutshell, we are having a house built (just started the process) and I almost changed jobs and then didn't but my current job should change a little bit and give me less travel.

Anyway hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and I'll try to check in later

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Manda_K

Kory, you crack me up!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

Lucky you Jarvae! I would love to build a new house. However, I think I will probably die in this house which is fine. Would really love to do some upgrades thoughy, most of the design is from the early 80's when it was built. Especially needs the kitchen updated and upgraded.

Mandy - I discovered the secret to kids and Christmas decorations when mine were very young.

I purchased the big family tree and only could touch it or the ornaments on it.

I purchased a tree for the boys and they go do everything but climb on the branches. We made paper chains and ornaments. They colored and cut out pictures from coloring books and tied a string on them. I bought them tons of plastic ornaments.

It was their tree. I only helped if asked. Totally consumed them with their own little Christmas project. Even better - every day, at least once throughout December they took every ornament off their tree and put them on the couch. Then they very carefully put everyone in a different place. That occupied them many afternoons - just redocorating their tree.

It was one of the best ideas I ever had and they never bothered my tree or my glass ornaments.

I would recommend that for any family with kids toddler or older who are fascinated with the Christmas tree.

There tree was usually about 3 or 4 feet and sometimes they would ask me to put on the highest ornaments for them.

WHen they weren't decorating and undecorting it, they were making more ornaments for it out of paper, clay - think we even popped popcorn and made strings a time or two.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

And now - I'm back with sports. That will give ;myu husband a good laugh!

Kory - I'm jealous - you invited Darla to see your apartment! Hope she is able to go. I've heard so much about your apartment and place you work on your craft project - would be cool to see. Did you get your lampshades yet?

Bill checks flights every day to see if we want to go on a plane that day and yesterday there was on to Oklahoma City. He asked me, "Dont' suppose you want to go to Oklahoma city today for a day or two."

I told him, "No, Kory and Darla and Tanya have to work this week."

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

LOL!

That is a good idea, Kassy has her own little tree. Once it is up, they really don't mess with it much, it is just getting it there!

Holiday stress is getting to me today, don't know why really. Maybe it is just stress in general and it is hitting me. I cannot wait to get off work and RELAX.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to designguyKORY

Hey, y'all! Good to see some old friends popping back in. Hi, Jarvae, Korybean, Manda, et al! Hope everyone has had a good week. I am sooooooooo glad it's Friday! It was another one of "those" weeks. Unfortunately, things at work are going steadily downhill, and even though I understand where all the garbage is coming from and why the managers are doing what they're doing, it doesn't make it any easier to endure. Just one more week, we get our annual bonuses, if they give them this year (even though they keep saying what a profitable year we are having we doubt we will see any of the profits!), then I will be seriously job searching. Korybean, keep an ear open for jobs at your place! Hubs is starting a new project mid-January in Texas, and I'm so freaking jealous! He'll be in Texas and I won't! Sometimes life is so unfair! Here I am so homesick I can't see straight, and he's the one that gets to be there. Oh, well.......
On the old homefront, my sister, dad and nephew have started their annual war a little early, they usually wait until closer to Christmas, but this year it started yesterday. And of course, I got caught in the crossfire, things got really ugly, and now it looks like it's going to be yet another crappy holiday around here. Can one divorce their family? LOL!
Korybean, I would love to go to Basket Market tomorrow and see your new digs, but I've already got more on my schedule than I can possibly fit in. I'm wondering what happened to my quiet, boring weekends? Maybe next Saturday after Demo Day at MHF? I really want to see your new place! Oh, and before I forget, the PSA you're talking about, wasn't her name Carrie Fisher? Although now that she's older and drug addled, she looks more like a Flossie!
Okie dokie, y'all, gotta go finish the Christmas cards for the Pet Food Pantry. I'm almost done, they will go in the mail tomorrow, and although it's been a fun project, I am getting tired of the repetition. I think next year I will have 4 or 5 different designs instead of doing all the same.
I'll be around later, hope to catch someone on to chat with......

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to chocolateaxel

One more thing before I get back to the cards, I may be guilty of a lot of things, KK, but I did NOT talk you into the Christmas banner swap! LOL!! I looked at it, saw it was another banner and passed, so I know I wouldn't have talked you into it. BUT, if you need to hang someone for it, remember Hollie and Jay Jay were both there, and if you want my opinion, it really sounds like something they would do. (Now I can't work on my cards, I'm laughing so hard I've got tears rolling down my face!) But, I love the thingamajiggy you showed off in your blog post! I have my fingers crossed I'm getting something equally fabu for Christmas, hint hint! LOL, just kidding!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to chocolateaxel

Ordered Bill a movie for Christmas today, an old one - with shipping $10.00. Need to find him somehting else. May go to Sams Club tomorrow and see what movie sets they have on DVD. Its hard to find movies or tv series for him though but I"m going to check it out anyway.

WIll on-line order the Ruth's Chris gifts cards and Bill said to order 2 or 3 for us at about $200 each because you get $10.00 on another card for every hundred dollars you spend so if I spend $600 I'll get $60 in addition cards. May do that.

Need to check my bankd for a gift card good everywhere - don't guess I can do that until Monday.

Got 4 scrap pages organized today and I'll so a little bit of the gluing on one of them because it will be hard to recreate.

We went to the Crab Pot in Seattle and I loved it so much I'm doing a layout of it. Fun times for shure!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

It's my son's birthday today and his party (bowling with 7 screaming kids! Yay!) is tomorrow. My family is getting together for birthdays (my son's and my sister's) on Sunday...
When all this birthday stuff is finally over, I can start getting ready for Christmas...
We have not decorated or got a tree or anything yet...Oh, wait, I put our Christmas mat out at the front door today....does that count?
[big sighs....]

I'm not sure I like this time of year....I get all stressed about all the stuff I have to do and trying to make it the best I can for our son...
making cookies, decorating, cleaning, getting a tree, shopping, wrapping etc.....

Alison

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to kiyawinn

Yes ALison - the mat counts. Its more than I have done.

All I've done is scrapbook. SInce we wont be home for Christmas I'm nto sure how much I really want to do to the house. WIll probalby bake right before we leave and take the cookies with us. Maybe I'll make a chocolate fudge cake and take it too.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I went to work yesterday - went well although a wee bit tired about 2ish but we were leaving at 3. Went out for 1 drink - had 2 - Marilyn Monroes (Peach schnapps and champagne - yummy) then 2 other of the older generation (mine) and I went out for a buffet supper - got home just after 9:30 - needless to say it wasn't long until I was in bed - but doing okay.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Sounds like you did very well for you first day back Tammy. Glad you are back on your feet!

Never heard of a Marily Monroe - will have to try one. I love peach schnapps - very fond of fuzzy navels. Okay - no comments. I didn't name it.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel

Hi all, happy weekend!

Final Star Trail this morning - I am SO TIRED. No cute-isms, but an unexpected score - 2 young mothers in tears after my piece!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to RedSquirrel

How awesome Rosey. Has to be wonderful knowing you are doing something so worthwhile that is reaching others.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

beautiful Rosey!

I had never heard of them before either Henri but I too love fuzzy Navels and mr Moose loves peach schnapps so he bought us a bottle of it and we can make some. He also spoiled me with a Tassimo today (okay he will get some good from it too but still)

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ladybing Tammy

This is all making me want to go fix a drink and I'm not going to do it! I am going to be good!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics