Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to chocolateaxel

I'm so happy for Joe and for you, Henri!
That's going to make for a happy Christmas, I'm sure!

Alison

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to kiyawinn

We couldn't get a better Christmas present! And then to top it off, found out today that since he has Medicare A & B - no out of pocket expense for us! That is really a lot of pressure lifted for all 3 of us.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Henri Jean

Henri.. I looked over the past posts, I could not tell who Joe is. I didn't think that was the name of your husband... is it? Hoping that he recovers quickly from surgery.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to pinkpaperairedale

SO glad about the great news Henri!!

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24

I am so glad for you . Medical expense are so extreme..
Makes for a brighter christmas with less stress I'm sure.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to Grammy24

Its nice to hear good news once in a while...hope all goes well Henri x

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Besneys

Joe is my son - Bill is my husband. Joe has had a seizure disorder since he had viral encephalitis when he was 16. He's 35 now but he's still my baby!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

January 10th? just around the corner!! good to hear, Henri!!

My son, Juan Armando is bugging me to make Christmas cookies tonight...not on my agenda but I am fun mom...so what the hell.

I have been collecting gently worn and new clothing, coats and shoes for a family of 7 kids whose mom Joaquin works with. She was wearing SLIPPERS to work in a hospital facility because she had to give her sneakers to her child for school. Then she asked Joaquin what time he took lunch, he was sure that she asked because she wanted to share his as she had none that day. This broke our hearts, the kids are btwn 3 and 18 yrs old, if they don't have shoes, do they have coats either?

I got 4 garbage bags and 2 boxes of clothes yesterday, plus we gathered a bunch of shoes already. I have already bought some socks n underwear for most of the kids, and shirts for the 2 little guys. A lady at the library last night gave me $20 (we take a cardmaking class there), and a coworker at the Senate house Museum gave me $30 and $20 in Kohl's cash. With that $ n my discount, I am planning to buy underwear for all, and try to fill out the donations so each of the seven kids has an outfit, and whatever else i can buy. I JUST CANNOT SEE CHILDREN SUFFERING because their parents are having a tough time. Although I do think the 18 yr old boy should get a job, there probably is no car to get him there!

I also have a $10 gift cert for Old Navy, and Juanie got a $20 Toys r Us gift cert I will use, what he doesn't know won't hurt him. Santa already had Juanies gifts n he's making out like a bandit! Whew! I was gonna organize my donations tonight to see what I still need, but I'm not sure I feel like shopping tonight!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Juansmom

After all that, I could sure use a fuzzy navel, too!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Juansmom

Hey, y'all, how's everybody doing this fine afternoon?
Chris, I think that's great what you're doing for that family, and doesn't it restore some of your faith in humanity that other people are being so generous as well?
I saw the neurosurgeon this afternoon, the MRI I had yesterday is completely clean, no sign of any tumor or remnants of tumor. YAY!!! I'll have another MRI in 6 months, if it looks as good as this one then I can go to annually. It was so odd looking at the MRI done yesterday side by side with the one taken the morning of my surgery. It didn't even look like the same brain! No wonder I felt so incredibly bad! But it's all good now, so I celebrate! LOL, my version of celebrating is going to be a long soak in a hot bubble bath while reading. I'm such a party animal!
I'll probably check in again later, after my bubble fest, y'all have a great evening!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

That is awesome news!! GOODBYE TUMOR!!! Hooray for you!!!!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Juansmom

Chris, that is a great gesture! Totally reminds me of my mom, offering, helping, just being amazing.

We are watching Journey 2 (again). Waiting on dinner, then I must must must make some more cards, gotta get out on Thursday!

Amazing news! So fantastic! Tumor free, must feel so great!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

Oh Henri. My hubby had encephalitis as a child (from a mosquito bite). He was in a coma and had to learn how to walk, etc. all over when he came out of the coma. I hope the surgery can provide relief from the lingering seizures.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Manda_K

YAY!!! I'm still just euphoric from the great news. When he told me it was completely clean, I almost jumped out of the chair and hugged him! Just proves yet again, prayers work! You may not always get the answer you were hoping for, but He does always answer!
I forgot until Manda mentioned her mom being so generous, for as many years as I can remember, one of the local grocery stores here would give customers a turkey after they had spent X amount of money during the holiday season. My mom and dad usually ended up earning at least 3 or 4 free turkeys, and my dad would buy all the stuff to round out holiday meals to go with each bird, then take each meal fixins and give them to families that he knew were struggling. Since he knows everybody in town, he always knew who needed it the most. It really impressed upon me how important it is to give back.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

When my kids were very small and my husband was abusive and was told by the police that he had to vacate and leave us alone.

He didn't contribute to support or payments but we belonged to a huge church in Las Gatos California - Las Gatos Christian.

I was so broke I didn't know what I was going to do and I didn't know how I was going to feed my two little boys. I got a call from the church from an older man I did not know. He said he was from the benevolence society in the church and said he heard that we were struggling and that my bills were slipping behind.

I told him I had not paid house payment, phone, electricity or anything in 3 months. Everything was threatening to cut off and we were being threatened with foreclosure.

He told me gather up all my bills and bring them to the church in the next couple days and we set an appointment. There were over $7,000 in past due bills.

He called a few days later and told me that all my bills were current - the church had paid everything. Also I often came home and found several big bags of groceries on my doorstep.

One time at church I was in the ladies room alone and went in the little toilet for just a few seconds when I heard someone come in and leave quickly - no idea who.

Went I came out and washed my hands I picked up my Bible from the counter and went to the worship service. When the pastor said to open our Bibles, as soon as I did there was a 50 dollar bill! Someone had been watching me and took the minute I was in the bathroom to put the money in my Bible. I never found out who and I never asked.

It was all amazing.

Very shortly after that my mother sent me an airline ticket to Alabama where my family lived and I quickly got on my feet. My ex was told to pay child support but he never did and I didn't care. I was able to provide a home and take care of my kids - we were on a shoestring budget but it gave me great pride not to have to rely on him for anything.

My brothers are both hunters but the limit of what they can shoot every year is a lot more venison than their families can eat. They get one for their families and then continue to hunt. They clean the rest and then take it to the food bank. They have done this for as long as I can remember.

Manda, that is such awesome news. So exciting. This is a time to celebrate!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Sounds like good happenings out there!

Henri. Yay for Joe getting approved. I do know the stress you are going through. My sons surgery was in January of 2000. One was on the 11th, the second was on the 14th. I'll never forget those dates. It changed all of our lives. It was such a nerve racking time, but so worth it. You just have to have Faith.

Darla, I am so excited your MRI was clear. Thank the Lord!! So happy for you.

Chris. That is such a great thing you are doing. We have always bought gifts for someone on our DHS gift tree they have at our local Wal Mart. I always had my kids get names too, and we would buy gifts for them. The kids had to buy at least one toy with their own money so they could learn to give back. My daughter still does lots of charity work, so I guess it soaked in. My sons does lots of fund raising for cancer research and awareness.

I've been working on Christmas cards. My monitor is out on my computer. Or the video card one. The power lights doesn't even come on, so I'm thinking monitor. All I have is my iPad (thank goodness!). Can't finish my cards because the addresses and labels are in PC. I brought home some cables and a monitor from work so I need to go start swapping parts to figure out what it is.

Our Christmas party for work is tomorrow. We are going on one of the Oklahoma River Cruises and have it catered. Should be something different anyway. I think my favorite was the year we went tubing at the Brick. Try to do something different every time.

Got to get my grandsons gift wrapped and sent. At the moment I'm kicked back in the recliner on meds with a blanket on. Hard to get up and do anything when I'm fairly comfy!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Sheryl! So good to see you again! Bummer news about your monitor, hope it's back in business soon. Sounds like you are having some pain issues still, I'm sorry to hear that, hope you find some relief soon!
I have been inundated with orders for stuff from the people at work, it's become quite interesting trying to fit everything in to each day, lol! Some days simply do not have enough hours! For once though, my insomnia is coming in handy, it's nice to have something to focus on when I wake up at 3:00 AM other than wondering why I'm awake at that hour.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Congratulations Darla! That's great news! God definitely answers prayer!

I love hearing stories about people helping other people....I'm a firm believer in giving wherever you can. If everyone did that....what a much better world we would have!
I started giving my son an allowance this past year...not because he really needs money for anything but because I want to start him young learning how to handle money.
We got an "ABC" bank....each letter has a slot and they all slide together. One is for saving, one for spending and one for giving. Each week he has to divide his allowance up into the categories and put a percentage in each....
He has been using his "giving money" to put a quarter in the collection at church.
This year the Sunday School at our church is trying to buy animals for families in Ethiopia(goats, sheep etc.) My son emptied his piggy bank to donate all the money to buy an animal....he looked at me and asked, "Do you think we have enought to buy a goat, Mama?"
I want him to always be aware of others and help wherever he can.....

Alison

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to kiyawinn

Alison, that is great. Good way to teach and just generous son.

I think I know what monitor problem is, think its the little rectangle box the power supply plugs into. Used different monitor w monitor to pc cable and it's fine. Used power cord from new monitor to wall and it works. My monitor is an HP (my brother in law works there) and the regular power cord plugs into this power box and a small plug goes to monitor. That's the only thing I can't test to be sure if it's that or the monitor. I'm going to take to work tomorrow,and see if I can plug something in to it to see if can get it on.

At the moment, I have a work monitor plugged into my pc and it works. But it isn't my monitor to keep. Also my old monitor the speakers plugged into monitor for the supply, so I have no speakers for time being either.

Just no goodness for the iPad.
Anyone have any per advice. Ive been wanting a monitor that can also be used as a tv (or vice versa) so can mount on wall in scrap room, but don't know what to get. My pc is HP but it's old. It's a Vista. It still does fine, so haven't replaced it .

Alison, you helped put before, got any ideas for me.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SherylEb

Darla - that is incredible news!

Chris and all others, it is wonderful to hear the real meaning of Christmas that is being performed. My granddaughters have 3 piggy banks for the saving, spending, giving as well. I love this idea.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics