Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Yay for Darla! And Yay for Joe (your story brought tears to my eyes Henri), and Yay for Chris collecting all that stuff. And another Yay for Besneys and Tammy connecting.

DH and I are carol singers at the town's annual Victorian Evening on Friday, and we have to be in costume. I got DH a top hat, and I found a cape for myself in a charity shop - it's handmade, brown velvet, just beautiful. I can't believe my luck.

I've converted a straw hat into a poke bonnet style with a big brown ribbon, I have my old green bridesmaid's dress and boots, and Grandma's lace table runner as a jabot. I have to work out how to curl my hair into ringlets.

I also have to lose a few pounds before Friday, because the dress is rather tight. I need all the room I can get for singing!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to RedSquirrel

that sounds like so much fun Rosey.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

That is so awesome Rosey! Of all the things in my life I miss most, I think it is being part of the church choir in Georgia. We travelled a bit to sing, even performed otu of state.

The year I left the choir whent to Russia to sing but I didn't go with them because Bill and I were just getting together it was a bad time for me to leave. Plus I couldn't afford to be away from my real estate work then - single, self-supporting.

I keep thinking I need to find a church choir here but just haven't done it. That was one of the biggest joys of my life!

Please post photos of the two of you all dressed up!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Henri Jean

YAY!!! So happy for Henri and Darla, and everyone else too!!

Chris, I'm so happy you and others are being so generous to help out! Warms my heart!

Years ago, I coined the term Angel Duty, and I try to do something, however big or small, for others. I think everyone needs and deserves a little help sometimes, and even if you never know where it came from (like Henri), you know it's appreciated. I am very guilty of grumbling and complaining, but I also know how very blessed I've been. I hope others feel just as blessed.

Have a fantastic 12-12-12, everyone!!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

I was in the youth choir in our church when I was young. We traveled to TX, CO, CA all over to sing. It was a blast.

Rosey, that sounds like a lot of fun!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Manda_K

Hey, y'all, how's everyone doing today? My work week is almost over, hallelujah! Tomorrow is my Friday, then I'll have 3 glorious days off! Of course, those 3 days I will be crazy busy finishing up all the orders I have from my co-workers for various things, Christmas cards, mini books, etc. My sister is driving down tomorrow, she doesn't know it yet but she'll be helping me with some of it, lol! My dad called last night to see what days she will be here, he wants to come over and have a heart to heart with her after their blow up last week. Geez, I'd give anything to not be here while they talk, I'm afraid it won't be pretty and I'm tired of being in the middle of their battles.
Lovely Ms Tanya! I got the cutest Christmas card in my mailbox today! The picture of you, hubs and the furkids is so precious! I would like to know your secret to getting them to sit still for pictures, my furry little boy is close to impossible to photograph unless he's asleep, lol! Thanks for the card and thinking of us during this crazy busy time of year.
Hopefully someone will be around later to chat with, I miss catching up with y'all!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to chocolateaxel

No more stores this year! I'm done.

I have a little more on-line ordering to do and I will do that tonight.

Christmas cards are in the mail.

I am not decorating since we will leave for my mothers well before Christmas and I will bake a lot of cookies and make fudge and do a lot of other kitchen things to take for all the family members who will be around.

I was so stumped on my husband's big gift though. He loves to watch Hawaii 5-0 (the new ones) and his favorite show ever was Boston Legal. He is enjoying the first season of the Practice and Seasons 2 and 3 won't be available on DVD until Feb 27th.

I watched one episode of Law and Order and it was good and I know Bill would like it. They had the entire 20 seasons in a gift set for s special price of $420 or $460 so I ordered it - came to $22 a year which is okay for a season of DVD.

Hope he likes it! If so I'll order all the years of Law and Order Special Victims Unit and another long series of Law and Order. So hard to find things he likes.

He loved the 5 Dirty Harry movies so I ordered Tightrope which was right after Dirty Harry - is not part of the series but is often confused with the series.

He liked the movie Dante's Peak many years ago and we stayed in Wallace Idaho where it was filmed. He kept showing me places that were in the movie and said he wanted us to watch it so I ordered that for him too.

He is going to have a DVD type Christmas but I don't know what else to get him.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24

God will always provide... I have been so blessed in my life that I just know I have an angel that has a full time job with me. Henri,I understand, age does not matter when it comes to your child.I'm an old labor nurse but watching my daughter labor was hard. AND when they took my youngest for a c-section, I felt sooo helpless and I have probably assisted in 1000 c-sections over the years. Good wishes for him and abundant prayers. Does anyone have a special weekend planned. Think I will try to do a large prince crown on my cricut in vinyl for my baby boy Lucas, he is 3 months old today. Just want to try it to go above his bed. I have only cut small vinyl things.Wish me luck!

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24

We love to watch tv series on DVD, my daughter introduced me years ago to The Gilmore Girls. We camp a lot and tv reception is not great in the camper. so we usually start a season of something.. Watched all the seasons of the West Wing 2 years ago, Then Reba,The golden girls,and The Unit. Awesome without commericals. Great gift for Bill.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Grammy24

We like to watch them one night after another, not once a week and we like them in order.

We have a special place in our hearts for Hawaii Five-0 (the new series). When we were in Hawaii a few months ago we were wandering through the Hilton Hawaiian Village and they were shooting a scene.

We had never seen it but were still curious. There was yellow (do not cross the line) tape everywhere and I asked if Bill could sit in the director's chair when he got up so I could take a picture. They told us he could not send it because he couldn't cross the line.

As soon as the director got up and went over to do something away form the chair and one of the crew came to us and said that Bill could sit in it just long enough to take a few pictures.

We found out what scene they were shooting and started watching the beginning of the series so we would see it. We discovered that we love the series and are mesmorized by the beautiful photography of so many places that are familiar to us.

When we watch BIll says, "That's the picnic table on the beach where we took the spaghetti, that is where we ate a few months ago, on one he ever said, "that is right next to where we ran out of gas in the Mustang convertible."

That is a great idea to take the the shows camping with you!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

Korybean!?! Where is you at?!? Are you going to Demo Day this Saturday? Let me know, my sister will be here and is coming with me, and if we have the time and energy I want to run out to Basket Market after MHF.
I've backed myself into a corner by being on my high horse about the way a certain shop owner treated my friend during a recent sale, lol! I had bought some paper there for a project, a couple of days ago the co-worker who commissioned the project asked if I could double the order. No problem, except I only bought enough paper to do the original order as it is paper I have no use for except this project. Since I refuse to go back to this shop, I'm between the proverbial rock and hard place because I really need more of this paper ASAP! LOL! Oh me, oh my, the problems our sense of decency can create!
Lovely Ms. Tanya, I just checked our your blog post for today, and I love what you did with the vinyl! Love love love it! I've been wanting to do something with vinyl and my Cricut, but have been too chicken to try it on my own. Perhaps after the holidays I could talk you into tutoring me on the use of vinyl?

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to chocolateaxel

Good morning, everyone!!

Darla - you are so welcome, glad you liked it! There is kind of a funny story behind the card, but I'm saving it for a blog post, LOL! Of course, right?!? And getting the kids to cooperate isn't too terribly hard when there are treats involved. Just be patient and take 50 pictures to get one or two good ones, LOL! I was SO thrilled at how my vinyl projects came out, I'm glad you liked them! It is super easy and fun! I was scared to try too, but now I'm trying to think of more things to put it on!

Last night I had a little gathering at my house. The lady that had fostered Gracie had started to sell Arbonne, and to help her out, I agreed to have a few people over that she could do facials and possibly get a few sales. To my shock, everyone put in orders, and my mother-in-law actually signed up to sell it herself! She did it mostly for the discount, so we could all benefit from it. And as much as I hate to admit it, my face feels amazing today ... and we used the products on the back of one hand, and there is a noticable difference in how my hands look today, held up together. I am so not into the crazy expensive brands of stuff, but I really am blown away by the difference.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!!!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to tanyaham

I have another interview today, this one is for a 2nd grade position.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

Went to the mall on Tuesday. I never go to the mall - first time this year. I hate going to the mall. One of the reason is I have to keep passing those nusance people who want to put lotion on my hands. They just about run you down and you have to be rude to them. Just not worth going to the mall to have to dodge and outrun those people.

Well, went to the mall on Monday for the absolute first time since last Christmas.

Those hand cream people are on every wing of mall so they were unavoidable. One kept after me and I stopped to tell her I really was not interested and I let her use the nail buffer thing on me. I told her I would buy it although I knew I would never use it. And I agreed to the salt hand thing because I've used those before (different brand) and they were pretty good.) Total... $65.00. Ridiculous but I agreed to it and gave her my card.

She said my receipt was going in my bag and I watched her drop a paper in and didn't have any reason not to trust her. Got home - no receipt but I figured I just lost it somewhere. Didn't think a thing of it until I checked my online bank balance yesterday.

How did $65 turn into $133? I went back to the mall and she had someone in the chair putting stuff on them. She sweetly asked me if she could help me.

I told her she helped herself enough already to my money. I authorized $65 and they stole an additional $58 from me. And I walked up leaving the woman in the chair looking shocked. I hope she didn't buy anything!

I went to the mall office and filed a formal complaint. They said it sounded like the employee wanted stuff for herself so she just put it in my credit card.

Even if I went back with my bag and receipt that wouldn't prove anything - as I could have just taken the item out of my shopping bag and said I didn't buy it or receive it.

Be careful of those kiosks in the mall. I could tell the mall office was not happy with them and had nothing nice to say about them. I have a feeling they get a lot of complaints about them.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

That sucks Henri! Unscrupulous employees are one of the main causes of credit and debit card fraud. Shameful.

NM, Good luck! I hope it goes well for you!

I got a few more cards knocked out last night and I am finishing up tonight. I made a roast in the crock pot yesterday and it was delicious! Lots of leftovers, but that is okay, quick lunch!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tanyaham

• tanyaham Said:
Good morning, everyone!!

Darla - you are so welcome, glad you liked it! There is kind of a funny story behind the card, but I'm saving it for a blog post, LOL! Of course, right?!? And getting the kids to cooperate isn't too terribly hard when there are treats involved. Just be patient and take 50 pictures to get one or two good ones, LOL! I was SO thrilled at how my vinyl projects came out, I'm glad you liked them! It is super easy and fun! I was scared to try too, but now I'm trying to think of more things to put it on!

Last night I had a little gathering at my house. The lady that had fostered Gracie had started to sell Arbonne, and to help her out, I agreed to have a few people over that she could do facials and possibly get a few sales. To my shock, everyone put in orders, and my mother-in-law actually signed up to sell it herself! She did it mostly for the discount, so we could all benefit from it. And as much as I hate to admit it, my face feels amazing today ... and we used the products on the back of one hand, and there is a noticable difference in how my hands look today, held up together. I am so not into the crazy expensive brands of stuff, but I really am blown away by the difference.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!!!

I used to sell Arbonne in Canada quite some time ago and loved it. But I love Mary Kay too.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
I have another interview today, this one is for a 2nd grade position.

keeping you in my thoughts for positive news!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh Henri I would have been so mad.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Henri! I can't believe that! I once had one of the hair people stop me. I was actually needing a new flatiron, so I listened to her for a few minutes and even let her demonstrate on my hair. I asked how much and she said $500 for a flatiron and a set of different sized curling irons. I said NOPE and started to leave, but she literally grabbed my arm and pulled me back! She said she could get me a really good deal if I would tell a friend to come buy one, and it would only be $400. I still said no way. After trying to get away from her, telling her no several times, she dropped the price to $100 for just the flatiron and several samples of a shampoo & conditioner, if I promised not to tell anyone I got it that cheap because she'd get in trouble. What???? I didn't trust anything she said, and I couldn't get away from her. I faked my phone ringing and said I had to take the call and walked away. I have a feeling there are LOTS of those fly-by-night kiosks, especially this time of year!

My SIL was telling us at Thanksgiving that she'd went by Famous Footwear and bought a couple of pairs of boots (BOGO) and a pair of shoes for each of the kiddos, and when she paid it was quite a bit more than she expected. She just thought she'd done the math wrong on the BOGO, and my niece was pitching a fit, so she just paid it and left. She didn't look at her receipt until she'd gotten home, and there was a pair of Addidas sneakers rung up that weren't hers. She called the store and was told that once she left the store, there wasn't any way to know she didn't really buy them. She was SO mad!! She thinks an employee did the same thing as they did to you and got themselves a new pair of shoes.

What a shame that this happens so frequently. Makes me hate people sometimes, and puts me in a Bah, Humbug kind of mood, LOL! :\

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tanyaham

I'm in a bah humbug mood today too

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics