Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Henri Jean

Glad to hear that your holidays are going well!

I am waiting on two packages, hopefully they will be here tomorrow.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Manda_K

Tanya, that just sucks!! Family can be so hurtful sometimes, because they CAN be...and then act like its no big deal! If that was me, I don't think I could ignore my fathers poor behavior, I'd have to call him on it. Since he doesn't even know he's hurt you, you got a long row to hoe. Keep your spirits up!

I have had flu-like symptoms for the last three days...have gotten NO Christmas prep done! I tried to wrap tonight, got 5 done! A certain 4 yr old insists on "helping" me...I might never get done!!!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Manda_K

Tanya, I am so sorry you are having a hard time right now. Hugs to you! Wish we lived closer. We could totally hang out. I hate gossip, wont listen to it. but I am always there when my friends need me. Always. I would not be able to hang out with them tonite. You are a better person than me.

Manda, crossing my fingers for your packages. Tis the season. For things to be late. Yea, not funny huh!
My DD box full of packages got to her in Tampa today. So maybe yours will make it.

Darla, wish your work environment was better. We do really well at work. We have had several gone lately. We are all so close that we cover for everybody like none other.
We had our "girl" Christmas party the other night. It's our favorite. It's doesn't have to be all girls, that's just what all we have. It's no spouses and no "suits". I'm the only "suit" and I'm not very suity. LOL. You get time to talk and laugh with the people you spend the day with. We never get time to visit during work anymore. Wish you could work with us!

Sounds like weather issues out there. Everyone be safe. Us Okies have to hang on. It is SOOO windy!!!

I went to my nephews wedding today. His dad was my brother. He died 14 years ago the 29th of this month. My nephew was only 8. Now he 22, married, and expecting a baby. It was at their courthouse and then a reception, but it was very nice. I didn't cry! During the wedding, at least. My sis in law cried. All she could think of was his dad. After the wedding I took flowers to my brothers grave. I always cry on the way home from there.
Spent 5 and a half hours driving today. That kills my back, but it was worth it. The smile on my nephews face when I walked in made it all worth it. He always wraps me up in a big bear hug. He's 6'7" and weighs almost 300 pounds. He just look huge. But as gentle as a teddy bear. So much like his dad it's scary!! They even walk alike. I went to watch him play football one time, and it looked just like his daddy out there. I cried during the game. My brother used to play football in college and we were on the same field even. I couldn't help it. Alot of things have to be inherited traits. He wasn't around his dad long enough to get pick up his mannerisms, but the are so much alike.

Probably going back to dentist tomorrow. Having trouble with a broke tooth they fixed. I went once this week and they ground on it some more. Tomorrow is their last day till next year, and it's still killing me. It's been almost 2weeks. No wonder I hate to go to the dentist!

Edited by SherylEb on 12-20-12 09:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Hi, Sheryl! We keep missing each other! Miss chatting with you. If I lived closer, I'd come work with you in a heartbeat! The situation at work is getting worse, we have lost 14 or 15 clients this year, 5 just this month! One of the analysts was talking to me today about how worried she is, last year and early this year every department except ours took hits and had to lay off people. We have managed to dodge the bullet until now, not sure what the new year will bring since we have had such a rough December. I know that's why the managers have been so unbearable for months, they have to be catching flak from their managers, but I sure get tired of the $hit rolling downhill! And being at the bottom of said hill, lol!
Da hubs will be home tomorrow! YAY!!! My little brat boy sure does need some daddy bonding time, it always settles him down and straightens out some of his weird behavior. Hubs next project starts January 14th, but he will be close enough that I can make a few weekend trips to see him, that will be nice. And this next project is in Texas, so it's a double bonus for me, I get to see him more often and get to be back in my homeland, lol! He will be staying in Amarillo, and we have some really good friends there, so it's actually a triple bonus now that I think about it, I'll get to see them too! YAY! Life is good, isn't it?
Hallelujah, tomorrow is Friday! I have managed to keep my head down, my mouth shut and out of the line of fire for four days, hope my streak continues!
Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow and a wonderful weekend, I'll check in whenever I get the chance.
Later, y'all...........

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to chocolateaxel

Morning all!!

Sheryl, are you trying to jinx me??!! LOL Both of them were already returned once, but this time I got 2 day shipping, so I should get one today and one tomorrow! Then, I must wrap wrap wrap!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Manda_K

Tanya. The people we care the most about are those who have the greatest power to hurt us. I spent my Dad's life trying to please him, but he was equally determined not to be pleased. Ho hum.

Good luck with getting the packages in time Manda!

I'm so worried about getting everything done in time for my family to visit over Christmas, yet here I sit, finishing my cup of tea and chatting with you all. Right, time to get up off this sofa and get on. Catch you later....

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to RedSquirrel

I'm at dentist waiting to get my first crown. Apparently the tooth they fixed cracked all the way down.
I am not having ahappy Friday so far

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Oh, Sheryl, what a dreadful way to spend your Friday! I hope they get it fixed quickly and you have no more problems with it.
Hi everyone else, hope y'all are having a good Friday. Just 2 more hours and my work week will be over, YAY!! Hubs called a little while ago, he was in OKC but due to an accident was sitting in stopped traffic. He should be home by now, I'm sure my little spoiled brat boy is in 7th heaven seeing his daddy, lol!
Catch y'all later..........

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to SherylEb

Good morning everyone!

Well, it's 12:30pm now. But I was 36 minutes late for work. Ooops. And it feels so early, still, that I'm saying good morning.

If you didn't see my blog- The mailroom just delivered a package to me- it was the dies I won from Shelly Hickox's blog. One is the Sizzix 'Door, Opening and Wreath.' And I freakin' can't wait to get home and play with it!!!!!!!!! I've already got ideas!!!

AND it's PayDay Friday!

Even though I pre-celebrated a night early, last night. I went over to Jo-Ann. I couldn't take it- I guess my boycott ended. Luckily, the offending manager wasn't there (or in sight) so I didn't freak out. I'm still mad, though!! I got a pack of Cricut cutting mats, a pack of cardstock, a huge pack of chipboard alphas- have y'all seen these? It's a huge stack of 12x12 chipboard letters- the entire alphabet is different fonts, and each letter is about 4 inches tall. I bought a pack the last time they were on sale and last night was on clearance for 4.97, so I bought another. I also got a pack of Tim Holtz's 'tiny paperclips.' Which seems to be so ridiculous- buying 'tiny' paperclips?!?! But dangit, they're pretty and they look so cool. And were 30% off, and there was a 15% off total purchase including sale coupon. The prices were so good I bought another stack of KraftCore cardstock, too.

I'm still obsessing over the 'Pop n Cuts' die- I'll probably cave, this weekend, and buy it...

what's everybody else up to?!

-Kory

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to designguyKORY

Hey K!

Sheryl, that doesn't sound good AT ALL! I hope you can get that fixed with little pain.

I got one package today and the 2nd one should be tomorrow!

I haven't bought anything....well, no, I did get 3 TA Paint System kits from blitsy....I already got them in the mail, they are AWESOME!!! I love them!

I haven't delved into the world of dies, mostly cause of my cheapo machine! I need a good machine then I will get me some dies I have had my eye on....

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Manda_K

Well it is 7:30 pm here and I am just about finishing the pot of soup I made (hmmm leek and potato with bacon). We went our separate ways after work tonight and finished our shopping. It was payday and although there is a big heavy gift under the tree for me apparently someone is now broke until next payday (which is Jan 27) - foolish boy;lucky girl! Anyway I just picked him up some treacle toffee for his stocking and an ornament I have been eyeing as it is the last weekend of the Christmas market.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Ladybing Tammy

oh and Henri honey I am sure we are sisters of some sort so you know don't forget my family recipe book! LOL

Diva

I just visited your blog! Very nice LO, like I like, you can see the photos as well as the journaling! Thank you for sharing!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to bayamonesa1

Kory I LOVE what you did with your DT stamp guy!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
oh and Henri honey I am sure we are sisters of some sort so you know don't forget my family recipe book! LOL

Hey, that's a good idea. Don't forget me too "sis"

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

4 hours later, I'm done. In more ways than one. Couldn't deaden it enough, so I just told him to drill it anyway. He made my permanent tooth while I was there, so at least I don't have to go back. But it does so hurt!! And I look like a chipmunk and one side of my face doesn't work. My DD calls it stroke mouth. Pretty close.

I tried to go back to work because they are swamped. Everyone was laughing at my chipmunk cheek. I'd smile and then they would hysterically laugh. The pain was getting worse, so I just left. I'm no good that way. I have the best secretary. She's the only one there today, and will handle it all like a dream.

I'm home in bed with my fur baby. on antibiotics and pain meds and ice on my face.

Only thing better, is the in laws Christmas is here tomorrow. Lunch and supper. The hubs is now officially in charge. Good thing he's had to take care of me so long, he will be fine with it.

Laying in bed on the iPad isn't so bad. The meds are starting to kick in. I'm enjoying my siesta at the moment. I just wish my face wasn't so cold!! Oh yeah, it's got ice on it. LOL

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SherylEb

Oh Sheryl! I hate dental problems. And I hate having an ice pack anywhere on my body. I can't last with them more than about 10 seconds so I don't even bother.

Glad you got your tooth fixed but sorry about the pain. Makes me cringe becuase I'm having a little kpain on the lower left when I chew and notice I always chew ont he right side. Last time I saw our dentist he said my two crowns needed to be replaced. I got them when I was 21 and I'm 63 so I got over 40 years use out of them. HOwever, I"m waiting until the last minute.

The only good thing is that our dentist is in Cancun. When one of us need dental work we always turn it into a 2 week vacation in Cancun and get a hotel on the beach. That really wouldn't be so bad after the first the year when it is colder than I like at home.

Yes Tammy and Sheryl - you can have copies of the cookbooks. I have 102 recipes in it and will probably add 45 or 50 more. Also want to get recipes from both of my sisters-in-law at Christmas. They are both excellent cooks and they both make some awesome things.

Need to contact a friend at the VIllages - we had dinner at their home one day and their next-door-neighbor brought the best sweet potato souffle I've ever had in my life! I asked if she shared recipes and she said she would be happy to give it to my neighbors for me and that was months ago. I really want to include it because I think the kids will love it. Plus I want to make it.

I've collected recipes for 43 years so these are all my favorites. Some I make for special occasions and some only once eveyr few years, but I still love them all.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Just stirred the bunco mix again (also called Cripex caramel mix) - has to be stirred every 15 minutes for an hour - its done in 15 minutes. Then I need to put it in a nice bowl for a picture then pack it up to go to mom's for Christmas.

Got to get in the kitchen and make the Paula Deen Goey pumpkin bars so they will be ready for the oven when the bunco mix comes out.

THe pumpkin bars are incredible - she came up with a winner. I tasted them at a potluck before Thanksgiving and this is the 2nd time to make them since then.

Need to take a picture of those too.

While the bars are in the oven for about an hour I'll make the double batch of fudge.

Then when the bars are out of the pan I'll get my chocolate fudge cake made. I have to wait until the pan is available becuae two of my 9 X 12 baking pans are completely missing. ONlyl one is in the cupboard. Either my husband took them somewhere or I did and they didn't come back home.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Wow, Henri, you are baking up a storm!

Ugh, Sheryl, I hope you feel better soon!

I am off work now for the WEEKEND! WOOHOO!!

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Manda_K

Hmmm leek and potato and bacon soup, sweet potato souffle, caramel mix, pumpkin bars...I am hungry now! These need to be put on the recipe swap post! I have about 12 more gifs to wrap, then done...have to bake yet. I will seriously have to edit the cookie list this year. Usually I begin baking around the 12th of Dec. or so, and bake about 12 or 14 kinds of cookies. I make 2 pound cookie boxes to give as gifts. I have several must-do recipes, then try a few new ones each year. Everyone has their own favorites, usually a chocolate or nut one. Gingersnaps are a must...I put candied minced ginger in them...gives them a nice melty hit of sweet fire! We keep about a dozen or so til Jan 20th, when my dad's bday rolls around. My mom cooks the best Sauerbraten meal for him, and we sweeten and thicken the gravy with the leftover gingersnaps. His family was from Germany, and we have always eaten Sauerbraten and potato pancakes and red cabbage for his birthday. It is probably my favorite meal ever, even better than turkey dinner for Thanksgiving!! Oh, I want some now, my mouth is watering! Another favorite cookie is called Erna Arnst, an almond choc chip coffee bar, the recipe is posted here under Recipe Swap. Here's an idea, if I got off he computer, I'd probably get my work done!! My girlfriends and our kids are making snowflakes on Christmas Eve to send to Sandy Hook Elementary school to decrate the school!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics