Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to chocolateaxel

I nipped into our local Aldi and found all the veg wildly reduced so I bought loads and have been blanching and freezing sprouts/cauli/brocolli etc carrots and parsnips to go yet.... they should last till about July with how many I bought...sad or what xx Merry Christmas everyone see you all back here soon xxx

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Besneys

Our plans changed. Due to the maybe severity of the snow, we are going out tonight on a light tour and dinner with the inlaws. No reason to clean up! YAY!! LOL

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Manda_K

Yay Manda!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tanyaham

Merry Christmas my friends!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. my DS came home last nite and left this morning to miss the snow. My pa in law didn't come to avoid the weather. Not much weather happened here. We were lucky. Very quiet day. Got a much needed nap. Got all my Christmas stuff packed away till next year.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SherylEb

Sheryl already?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Our Christmas ended up being very low-key.

The in laws stayed in and we didn't get to see them. The roads were not bad up here, but DANG it is cold!

The kids were all so happy to get exactly what they wanted and we all enjoyed a great Christmas meal. Even though we didn't have a ton of extra family around, we all had a great day!

Back at work today, boring so far.

Sheryl, you are quick! We usually don't take down decor until the weekend after NYE.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Manda_K

we don't either but as we are starting to move this coming weekend and are away tomorrow and not coming home until Friday (for a wedding) I took it all down today and packed it all up.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

Hoping all here had a very happy holiday.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I can't believe Christmas is already over... Really?! I had to hear about it and make all those Christmas cards for something that didn't even last a minute?

I had a fun Christmas Eve- I got off work early (at 1!) and went over to my Mom's house. She baked cookies (in a Showtime Rotisserie Grill... if we can't find it on an infomercial, we don't NEED IT) while we watched ROOTS on TV. I was complaining, "DO WE REALLY HAVE TO WATCH 'ROOTS' ON CHRISTMAS EVE?!?!" My Mom was just staring at the TV, mumbling something about having a crush on Chicken George back when the movie came out- and I eventually got interested and started doing what I usually do when I get interested in a TV show- shouting things at the TV. Stuff like, "SHOOT HIM! HIT HIM!" You know, encouraging things.

My Stepdad eventually got hom and had to pull us away from ROOTS and we all went to my Aunt's house to get loaded and play games. It was a great night.

I stayed at home and mostly in bed all day yesterday. I slept so much that I WANTED TO GET OUT OF BED. I should be good to go for another month.

-k

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to designguyKORY

That sounds good Kory! Fun times!

scraphouse
Governor
scraphouse
In response to designguyKORY

laughed and laughed ! Kory youre a great writer!!

Edited by scraphouse on 12-26-12 08:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

litlplace
Resident
litlplace
In response to scraphouse

Merry Day after Christmas! We had a quiet one here. Hubby and I exchanged presents. I got a whole lot of new scrappy stuff! My son and family visited on Christmas eve day and we exchanged gift with them then. Still trying to pin down my daughter as to when we can get together. We got a couple of inches of snow Christmas eve and we are supposed to be getting another 6 to 8 inches today/tonight. Maybe getting more on Saturday. We had an unusually warm and dry winter last year, I hope that doesn't mean that we will be getting a very cold and snowy winter this year!

I hope that everyone had a good Christmas and that you all have a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to litlplace

Hi, y'all! Hope everyone had a good Christmas and that Santa brought lots of special gifts.
We had a good Christmas, everyone came over Christmas eve, and surprisingly my family were all on their good behavior! No arguments, no tears, no snide comments, it was wonderful! That was the best present they could have given me! Then we got up Christmas morning and Santa had come, and I got some great stuff. Lots of scrappy goodies from my wish list, couple of things for the kitchen, a computer program I've been wanting, let's just say Santa must think I'm a very good girl, lol! We didn't get much snow but we did get quite a lot of sleet, so the roads out here in the country were quite bad, we were supposed to go to dad's for Christmas dinner, but after talking to him we decided it wasn't worth the risk and we had such a lovely time the night before so we stayed in, built a big fire and played games all day. Another lovely, peaceful day.
All the best wishes to everyone! Hope you're all safe and warm!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to chocolateaxel

Glad you all survived Christmas. I'm still not sure if I did :>) It's been a fun time, but I keep falling asleep at my keyboard (luckily I'm at home).

Santa always comes to our house on Christmas Eve while the "kids" go look for him. Now one of the kids drives her own car...but it's a tradition that began when I was little. But first we all went to a beautiful candlelight service at church. We go to the early one at 4:00, then the party comes to our house. After a huge sandwich spread with all the snack-type goodies, that's when the search for Santa begins. He brought hubby and me a 55" TV with all the needed stuff, like Blu-Ray player, so we didn't get much else for each other. I still got some crafting goodies from my kids.

We take turns unwrapping our presents and didn't finish until about 2:15 a.m. and still had to drive my mom home. It was about 3:30 when we crawled into bed, then up at 8 to get the turkey ready for the oven. Also fixed a ham and a bunch of other goodies. With kids/my mom/grandkids/granddaught er's boyfriend/son-in-law's mom + a kid from Russia, we had eleven people squeezing in around our table. We always have so much fun together and trying to understand Russian made for even more fun. Luckily our youngest daughter speaks it fluently, but it's fun hearing all the interpretations.

Next week our oldest son and his family are coming down for a late Christmas, so we'll leave all the decorations up until the week after New Years. Then the Christmas stuff like Santa gets packed away and I decorate the whole house/yard with snow-stuff (snowmen/icicle lights/penguins...), then we'll have a Snowman Party on Feb. 2. Our house is always Party Central...lots of work, but the fun is worth it.

Hope all of you enjoy your new toys. I'll just be happy to find time (and energy) to play with my old toys!~Judy

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to mrsdriver5

Making thank you notes is my top priority for the next few days. Also hitting HL and Mikes this morning for any post holiday bargains to squirrel away for next year. How about all of you?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Sounds like you ALL had a wonderful Christmas! SO good to hear.

Our anniversary is coming up and I think we are going to do something fun this year. Not sure what yet though. No kids, that is what I know!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Manda_K

Manda—Your plans for your anniversary reminds me of the Christmas card picture from our oldest son. Every year they come up with a great one, but it gets hard to keep up to everyone's expectations. They succeeded this year :>)

The wording includes "Wishing You a Peaceful and Silent Night", with a picture of Jeff and Liz on stools to the left of their Christmas tree, in front of their blazing fireplace. They're dressed up, have the romantic gaze down to a T, each holding their wedding goblets in a quiet toast to each other.

To the right of the tree, sitting in kitchen chairs, are their two boys, aged 5 and 10. They have duct tape over their mouths and their wrists are held together with shiny garland. More garland and strings of lit Christmas lights are wrapped all around them, including their legs and feet, holding each of them in their chairs...turned away from the tree. The boys really played up their parts. Their eyes are dancing with all the mischief that their tied-up bodies have contained.

We're all wondering how much Liz would pay for us to not send the picture to the school board where she teaches :>) Of course she probably sent the cards to many of the school staff, so I guess we're out of luck in making any money off their picture lol

Hope you have a great anniversary, Manda. I think you said it's New Year's Eve, right? Nice quiet night to celebrate ~Judy

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Manda_K

2 years ago my hubs and I went to Dallas for the weekend for our anniversary. We stayed in a hotel right by Ikea so I could get furniture for my scrap room. My brother lives down there, so they came and took us everywhere. They had been to Ikea before so could help me find what I wanted. The guys went to the Super Bowl party there in Dallas and us girls went to malls shopping. My SIL laughed that I was spending my anniversary with my brother separate from my hubby. It was fun though.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics