Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to mrsdriver5

Judy, that sounds like a wonderful card!!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to SherylEb

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and that now you're finished with the relatives, the clearing up and the food, and you can sit down and scrap. Well OK, that's my wish for myself!

We had my Mum and brother to stay from Christmas Eve until yesterday. DH's parents came for Christmas dinner too (my first as host for about 15 years) and the new kitchen worked perfectly.

On Boxing Day DH's sister, brother and our 9 year old niece and 6 year old nephew came round for their presents, and the noise and excitement was incredible. So incredible, in fact, that Mum turned off her hearing aid and went to sleep!

Now everyone's gone, and I can log onto my favourite sites again in peace. And hopefully scrap!

Happy New Year to you all, just in case I don't make it back before then.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I hope that our anniversary is good, but also low key, which we like.

I had to get Micale (my oldest) a memory card for his new PS Vita...OMG 60 bucks!! He better enjoy it! LOL

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to Manda_K

Done the unthinkable this morning and stepped onto the scales.....OMG thank goodness its only once a year. Thought I'd start the diet today :-(( so I've been swimming although I'm not too good at it I managed 10 lengths... now to sort out my scrap room to burn more energy xx Have a nice day all x

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Besneys

Judy, that card sounds hysterical! Love it!

Hope you all had a great Christmas! Ours was just OK. Hubs and I don't really exchange gifts anymore because we get what we want or need all year ... and to be perfectly honest, he's not that great at picking gifts, LOL! I usually get him something small as a surprise, but this year I was truly stumped for ideas. I was actually a little bummed out that I didn't have any real "down" time, seems like we always had things to do or somewhere to be each day. We both stayed in on Wednesday because of the snow, and the ONE day I have to do things, I felt like poo and slept on and off all day! Guess I needed it, though!

This weekend I won't see any "down" time either ... we are having a party tomorrow night, then friends from out of town are coming in, then New Years Eve. I think I might be breaking out in hives from lack of scrapbook time! LOL!! I'm so far behind on my regular scrapbooking, plus my December Daily pages. I hate that!

If I'm not on before, I wanted to wish everyone a very festive, safe, fun and Happy New Year!!!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to tanyaham

Happy New Year (upcoming) to all here. Well... it is payday Friday ... as this forum states. I didn't go out shopping but did have fun window shopping on sites that are having post Christmas sales.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I had a very fruitful Christmas this year....I got my Cameo AND I got a surprise present....a new Canon DSLR camera! I have lots to play with in the next few weeks! DH surprised me by giving me the cash to buy the camera as well. He had done some work on the side to make some extra money and Best Buy had the camera on sale for boxing day so I got one! He's a sweetheart!

I hope everyone's Christmas was full of love and happiness!

Alison

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to kiyawinn

Sounds like a great Christmas (and a great hubby), Alison. You've got some fun new toys to learn how to use, but once you learn how they work, they should make your scrapping time even more fun. They may not save you time because you'll think of a lot of new things you either want to take a photo of or more things to make on the Cameo, but you'll have fun using your creativity!~Judy

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

wow Alison you got spoiled - deservedly so I am sure.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Hi everyone-
I hope you all had a WONDERFUL Christmas! Mine was good and extremely busy with family-- My mom and her husband are due any time now,also--
I have gotten all my decorations put away except my tree.
I so miss my scrappy table! I am officially retired and have not made a LO yet! ARGH! I am really tired of cooking and cleaning- I know that sounds terrible since my mom is coming and I really do want to see her....
I have put away my decorations and in packing up I found that during our Christmas Eve get together with DH's family, someone pulled almost all the little red gittery berries off my artificial holly. I have found them all over the great room we have no small children in the family so what is up with that? Also, My SIL was a b***** to me which is not unusual for but on CHRISTMAS, REALLY??? I wish my BIL would see how she acts and what she says to me, but she is sly---Now my niece (her daughter) has unfriended me on FB---REALLY? What is up with that? FAMILY!!! Why does there have to be so much DRAMA? I hate it--
I got an underwater camera for diving- We leave for Cozumel on Jan 7-- I can't wait! WOOHOO!
What are everyone's plans for New Year's?

Sorry for the book and for being away so very long, I will be around now that I am RETIRED... did I tell you that I am retired???....

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to terrihooper

Congratulations on your retirement Terri!

I have a teenage nephew who would think nothing of picking the berries off a decoration to throw at his brother or the dogs.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to NMlady

I still have another week of Christmas and two New Year's Eves to get through :>) Our oldest son and his family are flying down on New Years Day from the Tahoe area and will be here until next Sat. They're staying in a hotel at Mission Bay, but we'll spend lots of time together—mostly at our house. They're looking forward to temps above 3°.

Monday we'll have our normal NYE get-together with in-town family, probably go out to eat together on New Year's Day. Wed. night we'll have another Christmas so the out-of-towners can open gifts, plus a few left-behind gifts for others. Not sure what we'll do Thursday, but Friday we'll be going to a crab leg buffet, then back to our house for a late NYE party with everyone.

We're lucky (we say blessed) to have a family who all really gets along. We might disagree on things, but no flare-ups/tantrums/etc. We actually find excuses to be with each other and have a great time together. Tomorrow after church we'll get together at our house for a late birthday party for my 87-yr.-old mom and our son-in-law.

A week from Monday we'll finally start packing away Christmas and decorate the house & yard with snowmen. Maybe someday I'll actually have time (and a table) to scrap again.~Judy

Oh, Terri...do you get to retire soon?

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Terri, congrats on the retirement!!! I was thinking you had said this last semester was it for you. I'm so jealous!?

Enjoy Cozumel and the dive camera. We want to see some dive photos!!

My scrap room is such a disaster you can't even walk in the room. Literally!! It's driving me crazy. Our phone/cable/Internet company use our house for testing new equipment. My hubs works there. I've never cared. Sometimes takes a while to get things running, but we are the first to get new stuff. Right now they are testing wireless HD stuff. They needed in back of my pc where modem and router are. All this equip is in my scrap room. Now remember I built my scrap room. With the wiring all built in so I didn't have the wires in the way. Needless to say, they aren't liking my creation. I had cut holes in back of cabinets for wiring. My printer was inside cabinet, my favorite thing. Now The countertop is off, the pc is in the middle of the floor, the printer is sitting on an ice chest my hubs got for christmas across the room, the modem (3rd one in 2 days) is sitting on my scrap cutting mat. It is awful! Add to that the fact that my monitor had quit and I have one I got from work to test with (to see if graphic card or monitor) sitting on a drawer bank with my old monitor sitting on floor. My cricut is also on the floor, but I did use it with my gypsy to cut a really long phrase on vinyl for a friend. And I really need to get in there and finish my sons quilt!!

So what did I do today?? I went shopping! Paper Crown was having 40% off everything in store sale. And I needed more vinyl for my cricut. Also went to Best Buy and looked at new computers.
Now do I want a desktop, laptop, or apple???
I thought maybe instead of buying new monitor to put on pc that has seen better days (it's on Vista) i would just buy new. But is Windows 8 worth it?? I use my iPad 90% of the time. But would i use a laptop more if i had one cause its portable?? Right now there is no TV in there. Was just watching on internet. Should i just get new TV mounted on wall and hook pc to it and have no monitor??Will I just mess up phone companies testing by throwing new equip in the mix?? I'm totally confused! And the thought of moving my stuff just makes me sick. Although I have all my documents , and photos backed on USB stik. What to do, what to do.

If I do anything to mess up the hubs ability to watch OU play football in HD on his new 55"TV we got for Christmas, he will kill me!! I'd be smart to not to do anything until after the 4th.
He already told them at work, no more tests until after the ball game.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
Congratulations on your retirement Terri!

I have a teenage nephew who would think nothing of picking the berries off a decoration to throw at his brother or the dogs.

I would kind of understand that but no siblings and no dogs were there :/

THANKS on the congrats!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I still have another week of Christmas and two New Year's Eves to get through :>) Our oldest son and his family are flying down on New Years Day from the Tahoe area and will be here until next Sat. They're staying in a hotel at Mission Bay, but we'll spend lots of time together—mostly at our house. They're looking forward to temps above 3°.

Monday we'll have our normal NYE get-together with in-town family, probably go out to eat together on New Year's Day. Wed. night we'll have another Christmas so the out-of-towners can open gifts, plus a few left-behind gifts for others. Not sure what we'll do Thursday, but Friday we'll be going to a crab leg buffet, then back to our house for a late NYE party with everyone.

We're lucky (we say blessed) to have a family who all really gets along. We might disagree on things, but no flare-ups/tantrums/etc. We actually find excuses to be with each other and have a great time together. Tomorrow after church we'll get together at our house for a late birthday party for my 87-yr.-old mom and our son-in-law.

A week from Monday we'll finally start packing away Christmas and decorate the house & yard with snowmen. Maybe someday I'll actually have time (and a table) to scrap again.~Judy

Oh, Terri...do you get to retire soon?

Yes-- I am now retired! YEAH!!!!

Ii sure do wish our family looked for reasons to get together and enjoyed one another so much!

How fun to decorate the yard with snowmen!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Oh Sheryl -
I would not be able to stand that mess! And I HATE having to change computers so I feel for you! Loading all the software and reconfiguring everything YUCK-- All my documents and pics are on an external drive so that helps BUT--all the other stuff you have to go through is awful. Good luck making a decision!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I actually got your somewhat-subtle retirement hints :>) Since hubby has retired, I know what a BIG DEAL it truly is, especially if you have health, and at least a pocketful of spare change! Enjoy! ~Judy

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I actually got your somewhat-subtle retirement hints :>) Since hubby has retired, I know what a BIG DEAL it truly is, especially if you have health, and at least a pocketful of spare change! Enjoy! ~Judy

I have been anything but.....

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I agree with Terri on your awful computer mess, Sheryl. At least I don't have our tv/'net provider adding to my mess! When my computer died last fall, I wasn't a happy camper...and I'm still not. Life has been too busy to really get set back up and I'm not happy with the HP PC that I purchased. I've always had Compaqs/HPs, but this one just doesn't seem "right". I wonder if I have a bad graphics card. After Christmas/New Years/family all clear out, I'll take time and e-mail HP. With 10 Gigs of RAM, a fast 8-core processor, & a dedicated graphics card, it shouldn't stutter on graphics the way it does.

I'm trying to get snapfish calendars made for late gifts and am having a hard time finding all my pictures since I don't have all of my back-up hard drives connected. I think 2013 will need to be my Year of Organization and try to get my life back on track. I'm spending way too long hunting for things, both virtual and real-life things. Plus I need to work on hubby's new computer and my mom wants me to do some work on her laptop. I'm getting to the point of really hating computers. Good luck in making decisions, Sheryl. No matter what I decide, it always seems to be wrong I do hours of researching and then I'm not happy with my decision. Someone else grabs something off the shelf and has great luck with it. Just not fair ~Judy

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Judy, you sound like me. I've always had HP. My BIL is a district manager for them, so have always supported them. But then Apple seems to have so little trouble. But it is so expensive!! I research, and research everything I do. I think I know exactly what I'm doing, but then I can't tweak it to exactly what I want. I used to just love electronics. I used to set up our pcs and stuff at work. Now I just do not want to touch it. I just want it to do what I say, and it never seems to work anymore. It gives me a headache and i have to wear my "walmart glasses" to see it. I dont want to take them apart and switch cards anymore. I just don't. I just want someone to do it for me. I'm getting old and lazy.

I'd get the Best Buy Geek squad, but we live in a small town. The out of town charge would make it worse. Besides, I'm supposed to be able to do it myself.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics