Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010
In response to Rushli

• Rushli Said:
ha, I got called a classy lady! (Kory, you made my day even if you where talking about a whole group of us... well, the whole post made me laugh... I even almost had tears around the "biddy" part!) ...So fun... I am always finding tips on here of where to buy this or that (often for stores we don't have!) and it gives me a little thrill I found something first! lol, ok, now back normal.

Becca -I finally got that pearlizing medium to try making the spray that way... once our house get put back together and I have room to make it, of course.

Awesome let me know how it turns out or if you need something explained a little more!

I will pm you tomorrow about the TB.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Rushli

I was cracking up too at the old biddy part of his blog! Some perverse part of me almost wishes that she reads his blog so she can see herself in print, LOL!! I'm so evil, if I were an actress, I would be the perfect Wicked Queen or Witch

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to chocolateaxel

y'all are cracking me UP!

I just posted about my Target adventure-

Rushli, you CLASSY LADY! I didn't find the tape at my Wal-Marks. I will check out another, tomorrow. I did find the tape at Target, tho.

(If anybody wants to know why I call Wal-Mart WAL-MARKS, it's cuz that's what my Grandfather always called it, and it cracked me up.)

-kory

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to designguyKORY

good FRIDAY morning everyone!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Rushli

Thank goodness it's Friday!!! I'm not sure if I could handle 1 more day of this hot mess they call work!
Lucky Kory, taking a vacation day, although what's up with taking the day off but going in to the office to play? Only Kory, LOL!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

WELL I only went in for about an hour, to make my Easter basket! It was very fun! It was very nice of these two ladies to set it up- I got there a little early and helped set out aprons and clippers (for the flowers). We did it in the 'Education Center,' which is a large classroom that classes are held in, that florists from all over come to learn new stuff. So there's big worktables, supplies, all kindsa stuff. We picked a basket, picked our flowers, we could choose from stuff like butterflies, Easter eggs, ribbon- to add to our basket. It was GREAT fun, and surprising to see even the maintenance/mechanical guy in there, making a basket!

I took pictures, I'll have to show y'all my basket!

I went by Basket Market first- I thought I'd go as early as I could, hoping it would be empty- it was pretty busy! Found a few cool things- would've stayed longer, if it weren't for two 'amateurs' who were having a conversation so annoying that I had to get out-

One person came, in dragging the poor cashier along with her, 'Show me where you have the _______!' or 'What about _____, do y'all carry thaaaaat?' The cashier kept saying, "We really don't know what will come in back here- you just hafta search."

Then, she decided to let all the scrap aisle customers in on all the secrets of the crafting world, such as 'I want this Cricut thing, I thought I'd find it here. I would just go get it at Michaels, but they don't carry Cricut, they only carry Martha Stewart...'

I just kept my head buried in the piles of paper.

Found lots of cool Prima and Echo Park paper!

Still need to go to Tuesday Morning- but I'm sleepy. Makin Easter Baskets and Basket Market tire a guy out. I need a nap.

-k

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Oh my!! I know how annoying it is to have to hear people who don't have a clue pontificate as if they are the Nostradamus of scrapbooking. It's enough to drive a body to drink. As if I need a reason!
Can't wait to hear all about what goodies you found, and want to see this easter basket. Oh, one other thing, did you make a basket for me too? If not, you know I'm gonna be all like

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

So, it's Friday. My daughter's 14th Birthday and not scrapbooking tonight nor tomorrow. Sunday I am taking a class to learn how to make cards. OK, sounds lame, but I just needed an excuse to go to Archiver's. Plus, they look so pretty. Have a good weekend everybody.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

PONTIFICATE! THAT is the word I was searching my wine soaked brain for, when I got to work and was explaining the annoying woman to my scrappy lady-friend at work- one of the hostesses for today's Easter Basket 'make n take.'

Alright! I am uploading my basket shots!

-brb

-k

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Whoooooo! Uploaded my pictures!

Alright- here's my basket, and a picture I made Ms. Chris take of me, showing off my handicraps. lol

I took lots of pics- of getting ready, the empty 'classroom' and other stuff- so I can put them in my scrapbook. Gotta write thank you cards to the two women who came up with such a fun thing to do at work!!

I'm giving this basket to my Mom- I think we were all making the baskets for someone. Someone was making one for their neighbor, the maintenance guy was making one for his wife- it was too much fun!
-kory

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

What fun Kory! You always have way too much fun - even at work! Awesome basket!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Henri Jean

Thanks!

Yes, today was really fun. Hope the rest of the day can keep up!

I just uploaded my basket to my blog. I added some of my other pictures of the day, if y'all wanna see. I'm gonna rest a bit and then think about checking out Tuesday Morning! whooooohhoo

Everybody get their lottery tickets tonight? Don't bother. I'm gonna win it. ;-)

-k

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

good luck Kory!

And love your pics from your Easter basket!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Ladybing Tammy

thank you!

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

Kory if you win you better share with all of us so we can all stay home and scrap all day and fly to see each other when ever we want! hahahah

But I should let you know that I have the winning ticket!

VickieW
Resident
VickieW
In response to Scrap Princess72010

Kory, what do you do? Are you a florist? I am very curious.

Next time I come to OKC I wanna go to Basket Market!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to VickieW

Kory, I am winning the lottery. And I love your basket. It is beautiful.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to scrappnmom2il

Hey, Cory, I found Tim Holtz stuff at Tues Morn today. Little knobs, 12 x 12 grunge paper; Halloween 12 x 12 paper pad; binder thingies (like the inside of a 3-ring binder); and the little knobs which I've been looking for and couldn't find) All for half price or less. Woo hoo.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Mother Goose

I'm going CRAZY! lol I finally made it to Tuesday Morning, and I was so late they'd CLOSED! lol I'd managed to screw around so long they CLOSED!

okay, I guess I gotta get up early tomorrow! I want ALL of that stuff!

-k

Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister

Who's going to post the 500th post on this thread?

I have 27 tags to make for a swap that I'm putting off so back to work for me.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics