Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to designguyKORY

The poor guy but it sure makes for interesting story to tell. You must have a million of them Kory! Hope your evening going well?

Justie

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to justartguy007

My evening is just getting started- and I think it's just ending, too. I'm not in the mood to go out or even do much of anything...

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007

That sucks will just put in a good movie... I got my my "prize" in the mail today. I comment on Craft Donkey, blog about her new room and she picked me as one of her winners. I got some cool little things from a company called "Maya Road" I thought that was cool I won my first probably only giveaway. Might do some more layouts tonight. Since I got my order from Joann(dot)come yesterday. All of my items came good shape and fast too. I might share my prize in a video and show picture of it and posted on my blog.
Justie

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 01-26-13 05:41 PM

DARLA!! Just sayin' hi Hope you're out doing something fun and drinking something alcoholic!

Kory, I don't think you're the only one to have problems with that fiskars trimmer with the wire because Michael's had them on clearance today. It was a set with a craft knife and some precision scissors. Normally $40 (so they say), it was cleared out for $14.99. Only on the sticker you couldn't really see the 1 so I talked them into 4.99. I don't even really need another trimmer but I figured for $5 it was good to have a backup. And I can always use some good precision scissors

That's one good thing about my M's here. If the price tag kinda sorta looks like something else, they just do an override no questions asked. The cashier tonight said "well if they don't want to buy more ink for our price guns, I guess they can't complain when we do an override now can they?" I loved it. That's also how I got a few DCWV stacks for 99 cents a few months back. Now THAT was a clearance! It was supposed to be 9.99 but the first 9 didn't show up at all.

Sheryl, so sorry to hear you're still not feeling well

Judy, hope you're sleeping well.

Speaking of sleep, I couldn't at all last night. I think I finally fell asleep about the same time that Kory woke up. I should have tried to work on a layout since I was wide awake anyway but instead I read a book. Like, the whole book. And then I slept until 11:30. I doubt I'll be able to sleep tonight since I slept so late so hopefully I can get a layout done. I think I'm the worlds slowest scrapper.

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to Vae

I got a DCWV paper stack for 9.99 from my Joann order. It the Heirloom Stack I really like it glad I order it. Because I'm in the process of doing heritage albums. I saw couple of ladies do some layouts and I liked the paper just decided to get the pack. I think I have enough to last me a while. But like some ladies told me on here. Once you keep on buying paper you can't stop. I guess she right about that, lol.

Justie

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hey, y'all, thanks everyone for all the kind birthday wishes! I had a really fun time with my friend Becky at the card party and a lovely dinner with my dad, what a treat to have him all to myself 2 nights in a row! So it's my sister's loss, not mine. But if I had known earlier, I would have made different plans and we could have all gotten together and had a shopping spree. Oh, well, we will do it, one of these days we will get everyone feeling better and not working as much and hit a true payday shopping trip!
I'm in for the night now, gonna go snuggle with my pup and try to find a movie or something on tv. Y'all have a great night!

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to chocolateaxel

Happy Birthday to you! Yeah doing the same here just trying to find something to watch a movie or tv show. Might jump in the shower and then after that watch a movie. I might even do some layouts while watching a movie.

Justie

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Happy Birthday Darla!
Hope you're feeling better soon, Sheryl!

I got to sleep around 2am last night but my dog woke me up at 7am to go out.....couldn't get back to sleep...until after dinner, when I fell asleep on the couch, dangit! Now, I'm probably going to be up late again.....ARGHHHH!
I did get a layout done tonight. I haven't done many of them lately because I've been so busy with my son, going to hospital appointments for his foot and taking my mom to chemo.....
Hopefully, I'll get to do some more tomorrow cause it really decompresses me....I feel way better about everything after a little art therapy!

Alison

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to kiyawinn

Hello! Hello! Thank you! Thank you! No! I love YOU!

Wow! It's so great to be playing the big room, again! Thank you, thank you- I'm so happy to be back!

It's been a few years since I graced the legit stage, so let me take a moment to thank all of you- all of you there at the bottom, that provided a semi-comfortable ramp to THE TOP! Well, if you consider The PayDay Friday Showroom to be 'THE TOP!' No- no- calm down, Darla. I'm not talking about men. I'll let you know- please, sit down. You have a cue coming up. Ladies and gentlemen- Darla ChocolateAxel, my friend and accompanist.

Let's bring it down a notch. For my first number, I'd like to sing...

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to kiyawinn

Wowie Zowie!! I havent been on for SOOOOOO LOOOOONNNNGGG!! I had to read Days and Days of comments!! I hope everyone is feeling well and is happy!! It must be a full moon!

We have been moving house the past two wks...what a slow process! Gotta be out by the 31st, and don't have enough help! We have been taking SUV loads of stuff over, but you can only fit so much in at a time. Plus my brothers stuff was not totally out until today. Ok, not totally, but mostly. I can handle a few errant items. The dining room, Living room, Juanies bed room, Kitchen and bath are all painted...The Playroom, tha's what I named my craft room, in the basement is pretty much empty, and we have started moving my craft stuff in. Joaquin waxed all the wood floors...they sparkle! I started filling kitchen cabinets and putting my pretties out...a pink kitchen is so happy!! I love how it is looking! Hopefully tomorrow we move beds and other large furniture, as we will be having some snow Monday, then rainy weather. I can always come back to finish up small stuff and clean. I have been taking pics, so will post them for all to see!

At some point, we will not have internet service until I get them to come out...hopefully not for too long! I gotta stay connected! Maybe there is some neighbor with wifi I can steal. HAHA! Maybe without internet I can get some scrapping done!

Well, since January is almost over, just think...in 2 short months, it will be april!! yay spring!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Juansmom

Juansmom, ladies and gentleman! Let's hear it for her!

I know what you mean about a pink kitchen. I've longed for a pink kitchen, for years, as my favorite breakfeast beverage, Pepto Bismol, would perfectly coordinate.

However, I don't know why you're so excited about Spring. When I think of Spring, I think of allergies. And of my greatest hit of 1991....

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

"Things That Make You go Hmmmm..."

It was between that and "I Wanna Sex You Up"

Couldn't figure out which would have been your fav from '91.
I think you've been in the cranberry juice.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

what the heck happened in 1991!! do tell!

Spring...where to start...well, New York has been as cold as an anti-2nd Amendment-er...(heehee), in the single digits to mid teens for days...its too freakin cold!! and April is soccer season!! as for allergies...i have been sneezing since I got my c-pap machine in late July. Yesterday I sneezed so hard I hurt my ribs!!

yes, pepto is a great color. My circa 1941 vintage metal kitchen sink cabinet is now painted pink with chrome handles...so Pinterest-worthy!! I have a pink caddilac kitchen!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Juansmom

Chris, my DD moved from Syracuse to Tampa in April. I noticed where she was temp was -1. Where she is now is 74. She's smiling all the time. But her allergies are already kicking in she said trees are starting to bloom.

Spring makes me think of allergies too, but fall is actually worse for me.

In '91, I'm sure Kory was just a young wild little kory. Living it up. In '91, I'm already old with 2 little kidos.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Juansmom

ooh, oooh, sidetracked by my kitchen...went to m's last night, not because I have $ or need any supplies, but I was at Target n it is close by...I got a fiskars puzzle piece punch...so cool, have always wanted that! ooh, ooohh, and a sizzix Wingo Zingo alpha die for only 9.99...needed that! and a martha border punch i didn't have...and some glue dots! such pleasure!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 01-26-13 09:15 PM
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
"Things That Make You go Hmmmm..."

This song is still on my MP3 player, along with "Gonna make you sweat". Love it

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Juansmom

Yes, Cheryl, fall is worse for me too...but I just love the nice weather, sitting outside on the glider with a nice bevvie, reading, watching my little boy dig in the dirt...bliss!

And in 1991 I was in my last yr of college...partying like the world was about to end!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Juansmom

Jarvae, I still listen to TKA, "one Way Love", etc, and Stevie B whenever I get the chance!! oh, the memories! That was one reason I loved my Sirius XM radio!

Juanie told me yesterday his favorite songs are "Moves like Jagger" and Pitbull's "Don't Stop the Party"...my kid WILL be the life of the party!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Juansmom

Happy birthday Darla! Possibly belated, not sure of the date or your time-zone, but take what you want and leave the rest.

Thanks for making me giggle everyone!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Good morning, All!

I have to tell y'all, yesterday absolutely broke my heart. The Hubs was hurting pretty bad when he got up, and took his meds before we headed out to our niece's birthday party. They only live about 7 or 8 miles away, but he was ready to cry from sitting in the truck on the way over. He laid in their floor, paced, sat, stood ... he just couldn't get comfortable. And several family members were telling him "just put some ice on it, you'll be fine" or "maybe if you lose weight, it'll fix itself" or "my chiropractor ..." It was like no one realized HOW BAD this was. Even after explaining that his entire nerve bundle is being compressed against his spine, people were like "oh yeah, I had that and a couple of Aleve helped me." UGH!!! It was soooo frustrating!! I could see him hurting, and I just felt helpless to make it better. I got him out of there - he had to ride back stretched out on the backseat (LOL), home and on the couch again.

Since his birthday is next week, and we've had so many issues lately not being able to count on our so-called friends, we just put it on FB that we'd be celebrating at Dave & Busters last night. Whoever wanted to come was welcome. Neither one of us expected anyone to show up, especially after the two couples we usually hang out with each had a sick hubby. We drove across town, with Hubs in agony by the time we got there, and it was a cluster! People packed in like cattle, kids and teenagers running all over ... it made me claustrophobic just walking in the door. And the wait for a table was over an hour! I never imagined it would be THAT busy! Hubs was already feeling defeated and down, and didn't think he could just stand around for that long, and said he just wanted to go home. I felt horrible for him. We texted a few of his buddies that we knew were coming and told them we'd do it another time. I asked if he wanted to go eat somewhere else since we had already gotten dressed up and were hungry, and he chose a steakhouse that we really like. Poor guy tried to disguise his pain the whole time, but he couldn't get comfortable in the booth either. He got up to walk around a couple of times, he tried putting our jackets behind him as a pillow, he tried leaning to one side or the other ... it was seriously breaking my heart to see him that way. I'd never, ever seen him like that. Luckily, his steak was absolutely delicious, and everything else too.

I told him on the way home how much it was hurting me to see him that way, and not be able to help him. He said it was harder for him knowing that it was upsetting to me, and unless he asked for help, to just act like normal. So I said "OK then, suck it up, cupcake!" which at least got a good laugh out of him!

I am really hoping they can do the surgery next Monday, the 4th. I don't know how he will manage another week, but we'll get through it. He even said last night that he wasn't in this much pain when they did his first surgery 4 years ago. I am really looking forward to him feeling better!!!

Sorry for the long post, but I know most of you are going through your own medical ordeals with yourselves or family and can relate to the heartache. It's nice knowing there is so much support here.

Have a great Sunday!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics