Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to flintridgescrapper

What Judy said!

Poor old you Chris, I'm sorry life is treating your roughly at the moment. It will get better though!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to RedSquirrel

Good morning, everyone. I was fifteen minutes late for work. My alarm went off and I woke up, but then thought I would lay back down and stare at the ceiling for a minute or two, while I woke up... that turned out to be my subconcious talking and I just went back to sleep. Dangit.

I had fun hanging out with Darla last night. My last night off for a while... dangit. And I'm excited to start working on my altered book. Darla: I'm making my 'sign in page' and I'm gonna glue it into my book next month.

Ohhh. It's gonna be a long day. But I brought my Valentine's cards with me, I'm gonna take their picture and get my blog updated! My Christmas blog break is ending!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to designguyKORY

Yeah for an updated blog, making cards, good brothers and the folks on this thread but BOO for a long day, stupid people, moving and FALLING DOWN!

KORY ALERT- Don't read this since you get squeamish!
I tripped over one of my dogs while jogging yesterday and hit the asphalt HARD! I had to lay in the grass on the side of the road for a few minutes before I could get up and walk home. When I got home and took of my jogging tights, there was the skin from my knee covering the inside along with all the blood. Thank goodness for the tights! I am sure they saved me from worse damage.

OK gross story over-- So here I sit nursing my knee and watching The Price Is Right--Have a wonderful day everyone!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to terrihooper

Ouch Terri! That's why I don't jog..... It's hazardous to your health! LOL

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SherylEb

All exercise is hazardous to your health! Or at least that is what I've heard.

Bill had his heart cath today and is taking it easy so I'm taking it easy too. While he was in the procedure I took my son to Cracker Barrel for a nice lunch and then did serious damage at Macy's.

A new Cuisinart food processor, 2 big boxed sets of Pyrex food storage (good-by Tupperware and Rubbermaid and other brands I can't see inside) and I also bought 2 Caphalon frying pans. Needed two new skillets.

Enough shopping for today. There is always tomorrow.

Plus a box of scrappy stuff came today and I haven't opened it. I don't even know where it is.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Henri Jean

Great haul Henri!

Sheryl and Henri-- I KNOW, right?? BUT if I am going to enjoy vacations and scrapping cruises I HAVE to exercise or I will weigh 400 lbs-- well not that much but.....I just can't afford to not exercise. I was way too heavy and lost 40 lbs and I have put back on about 10 of those-- I am what my mom always called "an easy keeper" when she was talking about our horses that we bairly fed and they still got fat! So this "easy keeper" eats a lot of salad and exercises- especially after all the tailgating during football season and the holidays. Oh AND the vacation to Mexico! LOL
I don't think I have mentioned today that I am retired! HAHAHA!

Honestly- I think it is just now subconsciously dawning on me that I am not just on vacation but I NEVER HAVE TO GET UP AND GO TO WORK AGAIN! WOOHOO! It took a month but there it is....

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 01-31-13 06:24 PM
In response to terrihooper

• terrihooper Said:
I am what my mom always called "an easy keeper" when she was talking about our horses that we bairly fed and they still got fat!

In this sense, I am a total hoarder.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 01-31-13 06:26 PM
In response to Vae

Sorry to hear about everyone's bumps and bruises. I always figured that exercise means more mileage on my body, and low mileage is a good thing, so I'll just keep not doing that. Wish I could apply that to my mouth though... I keep getting myself into trouble running my mouth when my filter is all used up.

Today was a brutally long day and I was going to try to get some scrapping done tonight but I think I'm just going to stare at the ceiling for a while and then go to bed. Soooo happy that tomorrow is Friday!

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to Vae

This happened last April. I was on my way to a cardmaking class, wearing a comfortable old pair of sneakers. The rubber sole was hard with age and slippery. I parked at the top of a hill and was walking down a steep sidewalk pulling a wheeled cart with my scrapping supplies, when the slippery part of my right heel encountered a slippery stone on the sidewalk. My right foot went flying forward, pitching my body backwards. But my left foot stayed where it was, causing me to land HARD on my left knee. My knee split wide open to the bone. Luckily, nothing broke but I needed several stitches and it took several months to heal, leaving an ugly scar.

Needless to say, I never wore those sneakers again. Be careful because old rubber turns hard and slippery!

Several women who were also on the way to class saw me fall. One of them went to a corner drug store and bought me a box of large bandaids, which I used. There was a building across the street with several doctors' offices, but none of them would do stitches. I made it to the class but only stayed a few minutes, as the instructor advised me to go to the emergency room to get stitched up. I went home first and had my son drive me to the nearest ER. The bandaids kept my knee together in the meantime.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Solitaire

Hope everyone is healing from their falls...
Henri, sounds like a great shopping trip!

I spent tonight scanning old photos from my mom's albums....What a hoot! I am sitting at the computer all by myself laughing like crazy....
There is one photo of me in a multi coloured suit (yellow, black, blue, green swirls) and my hair is sticking straight out all over...can you say 80s??
There's others of me in bandanas, little black hats like Boy George, double wrapped belts...Wow, I think I succombed to every single 80s fad there was!

Alison

rimamaria
Veteran
rimamaria
In response to kiyawinn

I am working on a gift of a dear friend if mine. I was honored to be allowed to scrap pages of his family and him at wirk with all the different parts of his Jobs

If it was not so late, or more correct
this early almost 2 am, I d be working on cutting his pictures right now

But I am getting tired and do not want to risk cutting myself

There are horrendous Wind gusts here in NH today
combined with heavy rains

I thought my house would fly away

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Solitaire

Solitaire, I thought you were going to say you went ahead & scrapped @ the crop all day. I thought, "Now that's a dedicated scrapper!" LOL

Has anybody heard from Darla in the last couple of days? I know Kory said she'd been at a class but usually she checks in.

Also, what about Josh? On Tanya's blog, she said his surgery went well, but he was in a lot of pain.

I'm off to bed. I've been working on old pictures too. So fun!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to flintridgescrapper

it's not payday Friday but it is Birthday dinner Friday! Going to Jamie Oliver's Italian restaurant tonight. Can't wait. My Birthday is tomorrow - I might just go to the scrapbook store and do some damage with hubs bank card! LOL

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Hey everyone well I went out thrusday (yesterday) and picked up a few items from Hobby Lobby and Michaels. I even picked up a heating gun. If you guys want to check out what I got from both stores. Head over to my blog I have pictures and even a video of me showing the items I bought. Hope everyone has a great friday!

Justie

http://wwwjustie.blogspot.com

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Sorry to hear about everyone's bumps and bruises. I always figured that exercise means more mileage on my body, and low mileage is a good thing, so I'll just keep not doing that. Wish I could apply that to my mouth though... I keep getting myself into trouble running my mouth when my filter is all used up.

Only on models that you intend to trade in for newer ones!

It's Friday folks - yay!

Tammy - Happy Birthday and have a wonderful time at Jamie Oliver's restaurant! I'm so jealous. Come back and tell us how it was?

Justie - have fun with the heating gun, and remember, with you use it with embossing powder, heat from underneath the paper.

Alison and Judy - I have a bunch of old photos to work on too - originals. I haven't got up the courage to use them yet.

Solitaire - glad you're all healed now. Or should that be "heeled"?
Terri - we used to say "cheap to keep". Look after that knee.

Henri - you got a new box of scrapping stuff today and you don't even know where it is?? That means you have too much stuff my girl!

Kory - oops! Do they care if you're late? You don't get the LOOKS all day?

Hi to everyone else.

Diva
In response to RedSquirrel

Well, I also fell this past Tuesday night. No damage just felt sore. The corporate office called me the next day and ask me how I was feeling and I told them. I really was just feeling sore and today I am fine. Because of the inconvinience, the gave me cash money ( good money)..so I can pay some bills and go shopping...for more scrapbooking stuff without feeling guilty!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to bayamonesa1

Hey guys - just a quick check-in and update on The Hubs ... he is in a tremendous amount of pain. This surgery was much more invasive than last time, and he's not doing nearly as well as I'd hoped. It will take more time. Yesterday he was able to finally stand up, but he got dizzy and was able to get laid back down. In the afternoon, the physical therapy lady was awesome, and he was able to stand up again, and use the walker a little bit around the room. There are times when I feel like a wreck. He wakes up moaning and in tears, and it absolutely breaks my heart. He got the tubes out yesterday, but when the nurse changed his dressing earlier this morning, there was quite a bit of murky fluid on the bandages. I was concerned there was so much spinal fluid leaking, but she said it was normal, and compared to other people, looked good. Between me and his mom, we've tried to stay with him 24/7, since he's so out of it. I've been staying all day and then going home to the dogs (they're missing Daddy a lot) at night. I feel so bad that his mom has been staying, but I am grateful, also. There is one nurse that obviously drives a broom to work, but everyone else has been super nice, helpful and just wonderful. I had to come in to work for a few hours and get our payroll done. I don't trust my "back up" people to get it done, or done correctly. I also had about 100 emails to go through! Ugh ...

So I'll check in later with you guys - have a great day and weekend!!!

Diva
In response to tanyaham

Hope evrything will workout for you and yourhusband. Praying for a fast recovery and for peace and strenght for you and his family.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

I'm sorry Josh is having such a difficult time! I hope things turn around today and he start feeling better. Glad you are there to take care of him and his mom sounds like a very devoted mother too.

I remember when Bill had his pacemaker in March. He picked up what he thought was a cup of honey and decided to drink it. IT was actually a cup with liquid bath soap in the bottom of it so I could give him a sponge bath. THey said he was the first person to try to drink the bath soap and he got a good mouthful - even swallowed some of it. YUCK!

When we travel we walk and walk and walk. Someties 5-7 miles in a day. On the last trip we went in to a cave with 180 or 185 steps down into it and 185 steps straight up stairs back out - in fact you had to climb them in most parts like a ladder they were so steep.

So I get a lot of exercise when we travel but not so much when we are home unless you count sitting at the computer, looking at my scrap page, getting up to the cardstock holder and making 5 trips from there to my scrap table to match the cardstock and then sitting down to play with the page, getting up and going to the bins with patterned paper and walking back and forth making selections. That counts as exercise when I'm home.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Henri Jean

Tanya- Thinking of you and Josh and praying for fast recovery!

Tammy- I hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow- it is my Mom's birthday, too. DO they have the same scrapping stuff over there as they do here? I know that seems like a stange question but I am curious.

Thank you to all who wished me well on my knee--It is fine, I even got out and walked yesterday- I couldn't do my 3 miles but I did half so that is good enough-- It is ugly, though.

Judy- I thought Solitaire was going to say the same thing you did! Great minds think alike!

Have a great day everyone--
ttyl

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics