Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SherylEb

You are ambitious Sheryl. How many do you need?

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Henri Jean

Hey guys! Just caught up on the last few pages, and I love all the giggles and smiling I do, reading all this!

I am another TV and DVR addict. Love watching my shows, but also love skipping commercials. We've only watched a few shows on DVD, although I'm really anxious to start in with Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad. We started wanting to watch them after they'd started and didn't want to jump into the middle.

I am also in the group that wishes I could sometimes ask the opinion of The Hubs on a card or layout, but regret it each time I do. I remember very well a layout I did last year. I used different products than normal, stepped outside my comfort zone, used some new techniques, thought I'd done a really great job. I showed it to him, thrilled, prompting him with "isn't this awesome?" and I remember him looking REALLY perplexed. The layout had pictures of his parents dogs (therefore, his brothers and sister, LOL), and I'd used Echo Park's This & That collection (ledgers, receipts, etc). He looked at it for several minutes before he asked what the papers and accents had to do with the dogs. I said "um ... nothing, I guess. I just thought they looked cute together." Ugh ... BOYS!!!!

Speaking of ... The Hubs is HOME!!! He texted me this morning saying he was ready to come home!! I was really happy! He was actually getting around quite well without the walker last night, ate about 1/2 his dinner ... treated me very nicely, too! YAY!!! I went over around lunch and helped him take a shower and changed his dressing. He felt soooo much better! They brought over a recliner for him and he's been just fine! He posted a photo on FB of all the staples down his back, and said he was going home today, he missed his dogs. I said "oh, you miss just the dogs? OK then!" jokingly. He laughed and said he'd gotten to see me each day, so it wasn't the same. I knew what he meant, just like to give him trouble about it. He's been very nice, even thanked me for putting up with him! YAY!! I'm soooo happy today!!

I have stayed up the last few nights (since I couldn't sleep much anyhow), working on some scrapbook stuff. I decided to do Project Life this year. I got all my die-cutting done for my title page and first two weeks. I just need to print my photos. I keep taking notes and have diagrams of what each week will look like so far. I'm excited about it. I also still have 4 layouts to finish my December Daily. I can't believe it's already February, and I haven't finished them! I feel like such a slacker, LOL! Then I have to get back to my "regular" chronological scrapbooking too. I caught up to about mid-December, so it's not too bad. At least I have fun things to keep me busy!

Thank you for all the sweet, kind words of support and encouragement through the last week or so! You don't know how much I truly appreciate you all!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

So glad to hear about Josh's progress. That is really good news. Life will get back to normal for you and that is going to feel good to both of you. How long before they think he will be able to go back to work?

Today is day #1 of this head cold for Joe and me. Bill seems to be over it - blowing his nose a good bit but still, he is feeling better.

About asking Bill about my layouts. He will always say, "These two pictures are too much alike, why don't you use something really different?"

"Its a layout of your birthday party. These are all the pictures that turned out."

"Then put one of us out to dinner the following week or a leftover picture of Hawaii. Don't you have an extra picture of Karl's dog?"

"This layout is about your birthday!" Talk about not getting it.

He is always saying, "You have room to squeeze in another photo there!"

"Uh honey - that will throw off the entire balance and design of the page!"

"Yeah, but I hate to see you waste space like that."

As much as he seems to like my finished pages and even gets the books out when we have company and they are in the layouts However, when working on a layout I cannot ask his opinion for fear he will give it.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

LOL...."can't ask his opinion for fear he will give it!" Men just don't understand us! Mine will just say, "I don't know, whatever you think looks best."

Tanya, glad Josh is home & doing better! Good luck with Project Life. Sounds fun!

For those of you that were talking about dieting, I started a thread in NSBR. Please come share over there.

Happy Sunday to everybody!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to flintridgescrapper

Oh my goodness, I forgot to wish Tammy a happy birthday yesterday! Well, hope you had a wonderful day!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-03-13 04:44 PM
In response to flintridgescrapper

Hey guys just checking in. We didn't end up going anywhere for the game. Rob wanted to go for a hike today since the weather is SO gorgeous right now. I honestly did not want to go. I wanted to stay home and scrapbook. I did one layout on Friday night and haven't done any since. But I went anyway. We ended up getting into the DUMBEST argument in the history of ever, right as we started the hike. So I turned and started walking the other direction. We both hiked for about 2 hours. It was actually really nice to be by myself. He doesn't feel comfortable with silence. He always likes to have some noise going on. It's the tv when we're at home, radio is ALWAYS on in the car, and if there's nothing to turn on, he starts talking to fill the silence. Which sometimes I don't mind, but when I'm on a hike sometimes I just want him to be quiet. So today was actually very nice to get to be in the peace and quiet on my own. It was good for him too and we were both in much better moods afterwards. Came home and took our showers, started the laundry, and he just polished my shoes for work tomorrow. Now I get to scrap! Hoping I can get something done before bed.

Judy I'll go check out the new thread here in a few.

Tanya, YAY for Josh being home and being nice to you. I'm sure he realizes what a pain in the butt he's been. So glad he's on the mend!

Henri, that is funny. Rob is actually usually pretty good about stuff like that and can tell the differences between similar photos, and why I must have them both. He also knows when a page is too crowded. He has a harder time with design and embellies. I don't fault him for that at all, but he really does try to understand and I GREATLY appreciate that. I do wish though that I had some friends nearby who liked to scrap. I would love to have someone over that we can bounce ideas off of.

Sheryl, I tried the tv-as-my-monitor thing and it did not work out for me. Hubs said something about the dimensions being off or something and I just remember it gave me a bad headache whenever I used the computer on it because everything was just off a little. So if/when you do decide to do that, please let me know the dets I'd love to be able to do that one day.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-03-13 04:46 PM
In response to Vae

Kory, sometimes you just need a good blow off meeting. Do you guys do the fun rehearsals? I don't know if they have a name for them. Back when I used to be in the theater, a few nights before opening night we always had a FUN rehearsal where people would do all their jokes and gags. It was pretty much a blow off but still going through the lines keeping it fresh in our minds. But BOY it helped us blow off a ton of steam.

I remember doing the King and I and there's a scene where the king is giving Anna a ring. The line is something like "I have gift for you. I hope you accept" and he hands her the ring. Only in this rehearsal they dug up one of the bras they had for another play and it was HUGE with all kinds of sequins and beads on it. The next line is "put it on! Put it on!" and we were all laughing so hard we had tears in our eyes. And of course her line is something like "I don't know what to say" but she could't even say the words from laughing so much. Ah, good times. Makes me miss the craziness just a little bit. Just a little

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

• Henri Jean Said:
You are ambitious Sheryl. How many do you need?

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

Hi, Ms Tanya! So glad Josh is feeling better now! With most men, it's usually a very good sign when they are done having mommy take care of them, lol. My hub is atypical, I guess, he becomes rather grumpy and needy when he's sick, but he would rather croak than have his mother take care of him. Hopefully, each day will see him improve by leaps and bounds. How soon does he get his staples out?
Even though I slept half the day away yesterday, I more than made up for it today, and ended up with a very productive weekend. Sweet! Plus I had a lovely nap this afternoon. Yay! I think I am now ready to go in tomorrow, let them know I accept the new position and do whatever I need to do until I am free of the Nazi and Gestapo. I don't know what the time line is for me to move into the new position, I should find out tomorrow, but I am hopeful it will be very soon.
Henri Jean, Korybean was referring to a swap with My Heart's Fancy, she provided the template of a heart, everyone decorates however they envision, we make 10 to swap and they are due this Friday. Did you hear that, Korybean? This Friday! You'd better get cracking, my friend!
Dang football game has messed up all my usual tv shows! Nobody wants to go up against the Super Bowl so they all show reruns or just simply aren't on. Don't they realize that not everyone is into the football thang?!? None of my regular shows is even on tonight, except for Rachael vs Guy, but it doesn't even come on until 9:00. Dangit!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-03-13 06:47 PM
In response to chocolateaxel

Ok so in 2 hours I've gotten absolutely nothing done. Well, I did get the pictures out that I need to work on. It will be 3 pages total. Then I spent the rest of the time looking for pictures for the next tattoo I want to get. Oops

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

Oops? Sounds interesting.

I"ve done nothing today but blow my nose and I've eaten a little. Not that I tasted anything.

Go away cold! I've had enough. My nose is raw. Just go!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Vae

So now I have to ask. What tattoos do you have? Does your hub like them?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to SherylEb

Ohhhh somebody anybody- come down here and shoot me! Put me out of my misery!!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-03-13 07:47 PM
In response to designguyKORY

Henri, I hereby pronounce you healthy and cold free.

Did it work?

Yep, my hubs likes the ink. He actually got a gorgeous interpretation of a tornado on his shoulder and is looking to add onto it as well. It's really hard to put a tornado in a tattoo but we found an awesome artist. I have some pretty simple ones.. my favorite is still my first one which is pretty much a crescent moon. But lately I just keep thinking about getting 2 new ones so I think it's about time to start. The first one I want will be easy and done in one session. The next one might take 2 or 3 sessions because I want it all up and down half of my back (along my spine and to the left). So... it will be a while before I get that one.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

I would imagine the tornado is pretty cool.

I'm a big baby when it comes to needles. No tattoos for me.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

I have 5 tattoos, and it started with just wanting one, lol! I knew for years what I wanted, while the artist was doing it he warned me that it is an addictive process. I thought "nah, I've always wanted this one, I'll be good with this". Ha! Famous last words! It wasn't long after the first one before I was thinking of a second, then a third, etc. I thought after my last one that I would be done, but lately I've been daydreaming about another one, lol. My hubs likes my ink, but he's a big chicken so doesn't have any himself. I keep telling him it doesn't really hurt, but of course he doesn't believe me. Since I am not a masochist at heart, he should know I wouldn't have more than one if it was too painful.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-03-13 08:44 PM
In response to chocolateaxel

Yup, it really is addictive. I'm sure as soon as I get my next one he'll be itching to get more as well. Rob said his hurt pretty bad. He had to have it done in 2 sessions because it was so detailed. Mine have never hurt... it always felt more like massage to me. I've heard though that your skin type makes a big difference, as well as the typically muscle fat and bone. I'm still not sure on the placement.. but I'm thinking of getting it on the inside of my forearm.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Vae

No, Jarvae, we never do a fun/joke rehearsal. It would be fun, tho. We've kinda had plenty of jokes already, with all the amusement the actors have had with all of the rehearsal props that I made/fabricated/pulled out of my @$$.

Well, it's almost midnight. I can't believe it took that long, and I also can't believe it didn't take longer. Only almost one big fight. Nobody injured. A pretty good first technical rehearsal.

And I KNOW, Darla! I have gotta knock the rest of the Valentines out for the swap!!! I think I'll make copies of the ones I've finished, instead of slaving away to come up with new ideas for each one... I'm thinking of taking Wednesday or Friday off of work, to finish and deliver my swap, making opening night gifts, and to try to sooth my insane mind.

-k

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to designguyKORY

Kory, I hope everything goes smoothly for you...

Jarvae, I want a tattoo! I've thought about it for years but never gotten one because I didn't really know what I wanted. But then, when we went to New Zealand last winter, I decided that I want to get the NZ fern tattooed on my ankle....
one day....

Tanya, glad to hear that your DH is home....sounds like it will all get better from now on...
I did December Daily this year and only did 3 pages....Ha! The whole thing is sitting in a box waiting for me to finish.....now, I'm no longer in the Christmas mood! Not finished my Project Life from 2012 yet either.....

Alison

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kiyawinn

thanks for all the birthday Love - Jamie's Italian is lovely and reasonably priced!

Gotta get to work now but will hang in a bit!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics