Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Good morning, y'all! And happy Monday! It's been a while since I've been in the mood to say that, lol.
I can't believe that with as much as I slept this weekend, I still fell asleep reasonably early last night and slept all night. I guess now that the stress is lifting, my body is making up for lost rest.
Lady Tammy, glad you had a lovely birthday dinner! Hope the rest of your special day was wonderful as well!
Ms Tanya, hope Josh is even better today than yesterday, and that each day brings great improvement.
Ms Sheryl, hope you are getting some relief from your pain!
Korybean, all my hearts for the swap are the same, my brain was just too frazzled to try and think of 10 different designs, lol. I know you'll finish yours, I have faith in you, my friend.
Hope everyone has an awesome day!

Diva
In response to terrihooper

My prayers for everyone. Hope recovery is speddy and pain-free as soon as possible.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-04-13 06:39 AM
In response to kiyawinn

Alison,

I almost got a tattoo when I was there in NZ on my honeymoon. I really wanted one of the maori symbols but I couldn't find the exact one I was looking for. Of course, I've found it now online and that is one of the many I want to get. But just last night I saw one really cool fern that was comprised of the maori designs. It was beautiful!!! I love NZ. I can't wait to go back.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-04-13 06:40 AM
In response to Vae

Good morning Darla! I hope you find out more about your new position. Hopefully they want you to start TODAY! Good luck and keep us posted!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

Good morning everyone! Good luck Darla - so happy for you with your new position!

Bill and I are both feeling better today. The cold didn't last long but was a real nuisance. Haven't talked to Joe yet this morning to see how he is doing. Poor baby can't take Nyquil or any meds when he is sick as so many interfere with his seizure meds. I hope he is better but his sounded like it was trying to go into his chest. Bill and I knocked ours out before it start going there.

How is Josh today?

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Henri Jean

Morning, everyone!

At about 10 o'clock last, boss called wanted me to work today. So not in the mood. I laid in bed wide awake last night for over an hour before going to sleep. Fur baby woke me up @ 5, and I thought he was just needing to go to the bathroom. When I let them back in, he insisted on coming to my bedroom. It soon thundered, and I knew he was scared. He is terrified of storms & feels like he has to be as close to me as possible. I let him & his sis in, thinking I could go back to sleep. Ha, fat chance with a snoring baby! So I'm pooped today. Will need lots of coffee or something to keep awake.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-04-13 07:07 AM
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Henri, I hereby pronounce you healthy and cold free.

Did it work?

Ha! It Did work!!!

Hehe glad you are feeling better today

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Vae

Hi everyone!
Darla- Thinking about you today as you accept the new job!
Henri- Glad you are better!
Hi Kory- Sounds like a "sick" day would be just what the Dr. ordered!

As far as tats go, I have always said I was going to get one when I figured out what I wanted to have when I was a 70 year old grandma. LOL. Well I figured out what I wanted several years ago but have never actually gone in to get it done. My DS has 2- He is very skinng and says both hurt but he is wanting another, I think. His two are pretty big...

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to terrihooper

Mornin'!

We've had a bit of a rough night ... Hubs was either hot or cold, often within just a few minutes of each other. He definitely doesn't have a fever, so I told him he may be starting MENopause, LOL. He's getting around really well. I've had about 3 increments of sleep overnight, waking up to attend to his needs, and our dogs. His sister dropped off a heavenly-smelling package of beef tips she made in her crockpot last night, with rice and egg noodles. One of his favorite meals! As soon as he says he wants some lunch, I'm diggin' in, LOL! My mother told me the other day that she'd make him a big pot of chicken & rice that he loves, later in the week.

As for me, I feel like I'm getting sick. I've had a nagging cough that got better for awhile, but the last couple of days it's come back, and my allergies are driving me nuts too. I'm sure not sleeping and all the stress has my immune system lowered.

Now ... tattoo talk. Hubs would be covered if he had the money and knew I would approve. I heard him say to an old friend that he'd lost count at 12. He has a lot, and wants more. I have two and passed out/got dizzy on them both. I couldn't take it, and have zero desire to have another! One of our good friends typically sleeps through getting his done - if I hadn't seen his drool with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it, LOL! Quite a few of the nurses commented on all his tats while he was in the hospital. I know that gave him a boost. Several were smiling when they saw his "stick men." He has a stick man angel and a stick man devil (throwing 'rocker horns') on the sides of his chest, just outside his collarbone. They're cute. They started as a joke that his friend doodled at work one day. He took it to the tattoo shop and they put them on him in less than an hour, laughing the whole time. The tattoo guy thought they were funny and inventive, which made The Hubs REALLY feel cool.

OK, off to see if it's time for lunch yet ... I'm starving today! LOL

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Alison,

I almost got a tattoo when I was there in NZ on my honeymoon. I really wanted one of the maori symbols but I couldn't find the exact one I was looking for. Of course, I've found it now online and that is one of the many I want to get. But just last night I saw one really cool fern that was comprised of the maori designs. It was beautiful!!! I love NZ. I can't wait to go back.

I've mentioned this before but my DH is from New Zealand so we were there visiting family. It was actually the first time that I met his family face to face in all the years we've been married. We've always wanted to go but it is really expensive and we just couldn't afford it until then....I'd love to go back too!
It really is beautiful, a photo op. everywhere you turn! I came back with over 1600 photos (have yet to do anything with them, except make a minibook for my in-laws).
I was thinking the fern tattoo (the one on the black flag) because it's nothing outrageous and it sort of signifies my DH; it's meaningful without getting his name tattooed on my buttocks or something! LOL!

Alison

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-04-13 09:59 AM
In response to kiyawinn

Yeah I know what you mean. It was always #1 on my places to go list, but it took me a while to get there because let's face it, it's expensive and takes forever to get there! I was there for about 2 weeks and we took over 5000 photos. That was 2 years ago and I haven't even begun to process them or sort any of them. It's just too overwhelming for me. But yeah, talk about a photographer's dream!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

We visited 4 or 5 places in New Zealand on a cruise. I fell in love with New Zealand. Came back with thousands of photos!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

Tanya! I'm glad you hear things gettin' better with yo man. I freakin' love the idea of the shoulder devil and shoulder anger tattoos. That's hilarious! I never got any tattoo, and probably never will- I can't think of any images of which I could make a lifelong commitment.

Ohhhh y'all... I am running on fumes and weak coffee. Why can't this be the '60s so I could get just drop by the Doctor's office and score some Valley of the Dolls style pick-me-ups? Oh, because that's dangerous. I'm sorry! "I look out, not down!"

After getting home from rehearsal so late last night, I was so wound up that I wasn't able to fall asleep until nearly 4AM. I hate to lay in bed, awake, knowing that I won't be sleeping soon- that makes me INSANE. So when I realized I was too tired to sleep, I got back out of bed and hobbled to my work desk. Why was I hobbling? Because I swept and vacuumed for three hours on Saturday and three and a half hours yesterday. Bent halfway over while sweeping and vacuuming with a hose attachment is dangerous. Clearly. So why was I sweeping and vaccuming for six and a half hours? Because the carpenter at the theatre used a table saw INSIDE the theatre while constructing this huge kitchen set, complete with walls, doors, cabinets AND a hallway with staircase stage right. SO THE ENTIRE THEATRE, SEATS AND FLOORS AND EVERY CORNER AND CREVICE, were covered in sawdust. It was a nightmare. Was? It still IS. Six and a half hours later and I still have one more section to clean. And my back is killing me. Killing me!!!

Alright, I'ma go get some more coffee.

Then maybe a Red Bull for lunch.

-kory

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to designguyKORY

Can't beoieve he made all that sawdust mess and walked away from it so you had to clean it up. Just not right.

I remember reading Valley of the Dolls - that brought back some memories! Pure flash and trash but sometimes, that is what you need.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Henri Jean

So sorry, Kory! That sounds awful!
Has he never heard of dropsheets?

Alison

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to kiyawinn

LOL Alison, about not getting his name on your hiney. DH wanted something that signified me, but not my name. My first tattoo was an ankh, an Egyptian heiroglypic. He got an ankh on the inside of one of his biceps. That way, we knew it was like getting my name, without spelling it out, LOL. A few years later, when I got my second, a Leo symbol, he got his Aquarius symbol on his wrist. We are always talking about how we are very much like our signs - mostly opposites, LOL. So that also sort of bonds us. Last year, he got a wedding band tattoo, since he can't wear his ring at work (electrical work). It's amazing how many people notice it when we're together and assume it was my idea, like "marking my territory." It was actually a sweet gesture, as well as him just having that addictive 'itch' to get another one!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to tanyaham

Oh ... and he also told me the morning of his surgery that he'd like to get a tattoo of the hardware they put inside him on there!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

Bill won't wear a wedding ring because he is so active - and would constantly take it off - he would eventually loose it.

My dad worked with a man who lost his finger when his wedding band caught on something - some kind of power tool. That has always scared me.

Bill has talked a bit of getting a wedding band tattoo. I think it is a very sweet gesture.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

It's funny you said that, I slept through two of my tats also. Only one of mine was uncomfortable, not really painful, just kind of a naggy discomfort. And I'm really itching to get another one!
I only have a minute, but wanted to give y'all an update: I will start in my new position Wednesday! YAY! I'm glad they aren't dragging out the transition, let's just get it done! They made the announcement this morning, and now everything is getting put into place. I'm really excited, and feel like I made the right decision.
I'll catch y'all later.....

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to chocolateaxel

Awesome, Darla! Go glad it'll be quick for you!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics