Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to flintridgescrapper

So excited for you Darla!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Henri Jean

Darla!!! That's so cool! Congratulations! I hope it's great and better and everything!

and dangit, I was checking in to let y'all know that I just got the email telling me that I didn't get the position I interviewed for last week- they went with someone else who used to work in that department. Ohhhhh will someone give the theatre company a huge grant so they could afford to pay me full time so I could quit this job?! C'mon. If you won't do it for me, do it for the world.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to designguyKORY

You had mentioned one time Kory that you might consider moving to Australia. Are you still considering?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Yeah... that's still being talked about, too. I really don't want to - though. I really like it here in OKC.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to designguyKORY

Just didn't know - you hadn't mentioned it in a long time.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Will this day ever end????

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to flintridgescrapper

Hey, y'all, thankfully my day is over! Only one more day under the Nazi's watchful eye, I can do this, I can do this!
I say my day is over, but is a woman's work ever done? Lol! Tonight, Tuesday and Wednesday nights, I have to get stuff ready to leave town Friday, Thursday night I have a class at MHF, then work until noon Friday and hit the road. I'm heading to Amarillo to see da hubs. I told one of my work friends that once I cross that border into my homeland (Texas), I may not come back, lol! If I was heading to Houston, it would be even harder to come back! Oh, well, it will be a nice weekend, get to see hubs and spend his birthday with him, and we have some really good friends there that I will get to see.
How's everyone else making it through Monday?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to chocolateaxel

Sounds like you have a great weekend planned Darla! What fun! How long will it take you to drive there?

I have friends in Amarillo and hope to see them this summer.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

I'm not sure exactly how long a drive it is, but I think it's between 3 and 4 hours. Not a bad drive at all. Several years ago when we still lived in the Houston area, I drove from our home (we lived in a suburb west of Houston) to where he was working at that time, Melburne, Florida, now that was a drive, lol! But I enjoy driving, so it's not a big deal. I'll have the furry boy with me, he will keep me company. And he doesn't talk back or do any back seat driving, so he's the perfect traveling companion, LOL!
Korybean, I know you have been beyond busy lately, my friend, but when, oh when, are you going to update your blog? Besides the fact that it messes with my mind whenever I pull it up and see that it's still Christmas Eve, I miss your wit and humor!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-04-13 02:19 PM

Darla I wish Amarillo was closer to Dallas... I would so love to get to meet you! But I'm excited for you that you get to visit Texas. I'm with you on the Houston thing. Houston is where my heart is and I always wish we could move back there.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-04-13 02:21 PM
In response to Vae

And Henri, if you find yourself driving through Dallas to get to Amarillo this summer, let me know. I'd love to meet you and Bill!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Jarvae, you should come up here the weekend of March 9th, a friend from Ardmore is coming for the weekend, and we are doing a Girl's Weekend along with my friend Becky here, scrapping and shopping all weekend, starting Friday evening. It's going to be fun, my friends are crazy as loons, just like me, we always have a ball whenever we get together, lol.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Jarvae, I know we will be through there this summer, just don't know when. We will drive to Salt Lake City to pick up license plates early in March then to Las Vegas for License plate meet.

From there at the end of March to San Diego to see new granddaughter. After that probably Hawaii for 2-3 weeks. Or most likely we will go to Hawaii end of March.

Then one of two things will happen.

THen we will fly back to San Diego and drive from San Diego home and we always take I-10 through Texas. If so that would be mid-April. We are looking at a England/France/Scotland/I reland cruise on April 27th.

Or if we are pressed for time we will fly to Hawaii, still leaving our van in San Diego at his daughter's house. THen fly to Florida for the cruise, then fly back to San Diego and get our van and drive back across the country through Texas but that would be more around June.

So at some point we will definitely drive across Texas. Would love to meet you too Jarvae!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

Too bad y'all take I10 through Texas, that takes you considerably south of the Dallas area. But driving across from San Diego it does make sense to stay on the southern route.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Henri, I get tired just reading your schedule. I don't kow how you do it.

I was supposed to drive to Lawton for meeting tomorrow (2 hr each way) but its been moved to next week. Yay for no meeting, because sitting all day kills my back, but I was really planning on wearing jeans tomorrow. Boo hiss on dressing up! Wednesday is doctor appt. So prayers and crossed fingers please. I just want some relief, and a plan.

I have one tat (besides my eyeliner, which is the absolute best thing to have done). My hubs hates it. He was furious. It is a pink ribbon and the date I was diagnosed with breast cancer on the spot where it was. I told him I was gonna do it after reconstruction was done (i guess they were actually tattooed back on too) and he said he didn't care, but apparently he really did. I told him it was my badge of courage and I was glad I did it and would never regret it. No one else can see it anyway. It's for me, not anyone else. He just hates it.

Darla, yay on getting new position so quickly! I'm happy for you. Sounds like you'll have a good weekend. Just drive carefully.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to SherylEb

I've gotta tell you all about the great shopping spree my daughter and her m-i-l had on Saturday that I think even tops any shopping excursions Kory has talked about.

They went to Jo's and didn't find much, but of course managed to buy a few things that were on sale. Then they went to Mike's. I guess there were quite a few things on clearance, so Jini (my daughter) bought some stuff and went to check out. After it was all rung up, the cashier began subtracting amounts. Jini asked her what she was doing. Cashier said everything in the store was 90% off the current prices. So, since Jini learned how to shop from her mom :>) ...she went back into the store and filled another basket and her m-i-l did the same. They bought almost $500 of things, many which were already reduced, so it was more like at least $600-$700 worth of stuff, for $80-something! She got Stickles for a dime a piece, Martha Stewart punches for $1, Dew Drops for $1/set!

Her m-i-l is into cupcake decorating and said she should have gotten some things for that. Like Jini said, how dumb...they stayed in the scrapping area and didn't explore/buy the entire store...so they went back and filled another basket. Only problem was that there was a new cashier. Evidently, only the things that were on clearance outside the store were supposed to be another 90% off. Oops. There was only one cashier working, so everyone who shopped during that time got a great deal! If anyone needs a job, there just might be an opening at a Mike's in the San Diego area :>)

They were going to return everything to the shelves, but the new cashier said someone else would do it.

Sure wish I had gone shopping with them! I would have bought at least one of every paper pad they had in the store, plus a whole bunch of other goodies! ~Judy

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SherylEb

I have considered the eye liner numerous times! Was it bad to get Sheryl?

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to terrihooper

K, just talked to hubs (texted actually, we seldom talk on the phone, lol) and he said it's about a 4 hour drive from OKC to Amarillo, not bad at all

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Judy, sounds like they got a heck of a deal. I bet that poor cashier got an earful later.

Terri, I didn't think it was bad at all. They give you a Xanax to take before you get there. I actually slept thru the eye part the first time. I even woke myself up snoring, then started laughing. She said she'd rather have me sleeping than laughing because you squint your eyes. They did it the same time they did my nippies. Did swell some, but not as much as I thought they would. I did it on a Thursday and went to work on Monday. Where I did mine, you get one free touch up, so had it done again like a month later.

I think it was the best thing I ever did. Wouldn't think twice about doing it again. I was getting where I couldn't see good to put eyeliner on. And I thought that was a perfect time to get it done. I had to be there anyway. Where you like to scuba, run and such, I think you would love it. I had several friends that had their lips done at the same time. I don't worry about having lipstick on all the time, so I didn't do that part. My BFF retired, and she had hers done. She loves it because she never wears makeup anymore. She looks like she has on just enough. Several nurses have it done because they don't wear makeup in surgery.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SherylEb

The eyeliner is an interesting thought. I'd like to do it but I'm chicken.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics