Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Henri Jean

Thanks Sheryl- I think you have convinced me! Where do I begin to find someone to do it? I used to live in SE Texas and alot of the little oriental shops did it but I am now in deep East Texas so do I just call a tattoo place?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Wow Judy that is some story!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to terrihooper

Look for permanent makeup. In OK it's done under some sort of doctors care. I know of dentist offices that do it or laser hair removal or skin rejuvenating spa type places. A typical tattoo place doesn't do it.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to SherylEb

My aunt had her eyeliner and lips done at her beauty shop, the lady who does it there is a nurse at the hsopital.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to NMlady

Good morning, y'all, happy Tuesday!! And a huge hurray for my last day of working under the Gestapo regime! Tomorrow starts a new chapter in my career with this company, and I'm so excited! A little nervous, as I will be learning something entirely new, but that's okay. It's always good to learn new things, try new ventures.
No news, just a crazy busy week, between work, home, MHF class and trying to get ready for my trip, my head is spinning. I talked with my friend in Amarillo last night, we are going to spend Saturday shopping Amarillo, see if they have anything different than I can find in OKC. Unfortunately they no longer have a scrapbook store, but I'm sure we'll find plenty to keep us going. And we're going to enjoy Saturday evening with her and her hubs, I think he is going to throw some meat in his smoker and we'll make all the sides and have a great Texan meal! I'm getting so antsy to go, in one way this week is dragging and in another there just aren't enough hours in my day, lol.
Hope everyone has an awesome day!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to chocolateaxel

have fun this weekend Darla!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Ladybing Tammy

G'morning, everyone!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to designguyKORY

Hi y'all! My mom got her eyes, lips and eyebrows done at the same time. YIKES!! I know how swollen and brutal it was on her. She can't understand how Josh could get tattooed without having a Xanax or something to numb it, LOL!

As a side note, his grandma is VERY religious (and dramatic), and would literally break down and make herself cry when she spotted new ink on him. Half the time she'd already seen it before, she just didn't remember. So when she got her lips and eyeliner done, we were waiting for her to come out. Josh got right in her face and told her that she was NEVER allowed to say another word about his tattoos, since she had them too. She said it was different because hers made her pretty. He told her that his made him pretty too, LOL. She still sees him in short sleeved shirts, starts shaking her head, and acts like she's going to cry ... but she doesn't say anything to him anymore! LOL!!!

We had another hard night. He's getting around and up/down much better, but I still don't trust leaving him alone yet. The worst part right now is him not being able to regulate his temperature. It will just take some time. Otherwise, his incision is looking great. I changed his bandages this morning and there was much less leakage than before. One day at a time ...

Darla, good luck tomorrow on your new position!

And hope you all have a fantastic day!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to tanyaham

Hi, ya'll!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to flintridgescrapper

Good morning!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

Looks like everyone must be busy since there are lots of check-ins :>) Kory, I thought for sure you must have updated your blog, but unless I missed a few days and it's already Christmas again...

Darla, so happy that things are going great for you. Praying you'll have an easy time of learning new things at work and hopefully there won't be a Gestapo agent that comes out of the woodwork! It would be nice if there were a bunch of crafty-type people, but who also actually came to work to do something silly...like work. Hope today flies for you (guess the work day is almost over in your neck of the woods). Your weekend sounds like lots of fun, too. Hope you and your husband enjoy celebrating your birthdays together.

Kory—you talk about maybe moving to Australia someday. What would all the OKC scrapping stores do? You'd put the OK economy in a slump for sure!

Tanya—glad Josh is feeling better. Maybe the temp. will adjust when he gets the staples out. When will that happen? Take care of yourself and hopefully find a little scrapping time.

Henri—Hope your cold is about gone and everyone else in your family gets over it. Hubby had a cold, but luckily it didn't last long. Son-in-law ended out with pneumonia, but he's finally feeling better & our youngest daughter has really been sick, but she teaches 1st grade, so it kind of goes with the vocation. Rough year for flu/colds.

I guess I've messed around enough. Time to actually get something done~Judy

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mrsdriver5

Good to see you Judy! My cold is technically over. Not much of a trace left and so is Bill's. Joe is better and can't take over-the-counter meds because of his seizure meds but he seems to be on the mend too. He has another day or two of it. Today he is just congested but its not in his chest. Hope it doesn't go there!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Where did today go? I got one page done and its not a terrific page but it is okay. I guess I like it.

It is in Pearl Harbor - docking a submarine. I didn't know they didn't go sideways. Tugboats have to push them in place. It was right outside our door - we were on the 3rd floor overlooking submarine row so I got tons of great shots of the sub being docked. It was an Australian sub.

Got it done with lots of red, white & blue and now I'm working on another that I don't know what to do with! Only 4 or 5 more pages of Hawaii then I move on to something else.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Now I'm scrapping a blue stop sign we saw in Hawaii. We don't know why it is blue. It was on the coast guard base and the other intersections had red signs.

I read on the interent that there are a few other blue stop signs in Hawaii but this is the only one we've seen.

I plan to really play with this one and have fun. To the gallery for inspiration!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-05-13 03:21 PM

Wow, today has been a beating. I always felt like Tuesdays were the new Monday. I think it's about time I had a date with my bubble bath and a glass of wine. 40 more minutes till the work day is over.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Hey, y'all, my oh my, what a day! But it's over, I've had a lovely soak in the tub, a bite of dinner, can't believe it's only 7:15 and I'm already snuggled in bed with the furry boy. Although he isn't ready, I could easily go to sleep right now and sleep thru to morning, lol.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to chocolateaxel

Just home. Almost Midnight. Ohhhhh I can't wait for these 8am-12am days to be OVER!!! I am beaten down!!!

Mrs. Driver- I KNOWWWWW!!! I so so need to update my blog. But I just haven't had ANY time. I'm missing it... Hopefully, I can get it done Thursday or Friday- I have an outline for the post, just need to type it and get some pictures. Adding pictures is the most time consuming. For me, anyways.

Ohhhhhhhkay I'm gonna try to get to sleep. Final dress rehearsal tomorrow.

-k

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to designguyKORY

Kory - have you been to Australia? Have you seen the cost of everything? We were two years in Perth and I have never seen such prices, especially on scrapping stuff. It would blow your head away. Bazzill paper special offer $1 per sheet, Cuttlebug embossing folders $13 each, wooden stamps on clearance starting from $6 for the smallest, most battered. Stickles $6.75 per bottle. Want me to go on or are you staying in OK now?

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to RedSquirrel

Henri Jean.... In case you can ever hop a free flight to Ks City.... the World War one museum there is excellent. It is the only one in the USA. If you ever get a chance to come, send me a PM. I can fill you in on some delightful LSS and good places to eat, etc.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Bill has a friend in Kansas City, Kansas and we have visited him before. We seem to pass that way about once a year - usually in spring on the way to Salt Lake City to sort license plates.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics