Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to mrsdriver5

JUDY-someone has to sit in the kayak if there are many people visiting!
KORY- Jarvae, you make liquor? When ya comin over?
JARVAE- Does anyone know what that sound is?
HENRI- They came by with their faces covered like they couldn't see me.

Ya'll crack me up!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to terrihooper

Welcome back Darla. Glad you made it before our suppose-ed bad weather. Sorry you had a short trip.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-11-13 06:30 PM
In response to terrihooper

• terrihooper Said:

JUDY-someone has to sit in the kayak if there are many people visiting!
KORY- Jarvae, you make liquor? When ya comin over?
JARVAE- Does anyone know what that sound is?
HENRI- They came by with their faces covered like they couldn't see me.

Ya'll crack me up!

I love your outtakes These could be the previews for our reality tv show. lol

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Jarvae, did you get the text I sent? What did you think of the Steampunk Heart?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to chocolateaxel

Its almost official - Bill told the travel agent to book the two cruises.

And, since our guest "house" is a small one-room pool house for pool supplies - turned guest house it will hold a single person or couple but my son has a toddler and Bill's daughter in California is due this month. We have talked to our builder and he is getting prices to add a 13 x 19 living room which will open up to the guest room and give people a lot more room and a place to put their suitcases. Wish I could rework the bathroom but - we will put in a new toilet a bit higher and new tile throughout inside and take out the fiberglass shower and tile the shower. But nothing to make the shower larger. I would love to expand the bathroom into the existing closet and put a new closet in the living room area but I'm looking at about $4,000- $5,000 - Bill isn't going to go for that.

The builder is bringing a pool person out since we need to rework our pool and pool surround and dome, especially since the part where we are building the addition is under the pool dome and the doors will have to be reworked on both sides of the dome. Its in bad shape - looks awful and has patchwork on it. We haven't done a thing to the dome or surround since we bought the house. Guess we need to get that done at the same time becuase the guest addition and pool area tie in together so we just need to deal with all of it at once.

YIKES!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-11-13 08:02 PM
In response to Henri Jean

Darla, no I just checked my phone again and I didn't get a text. Weird. I'll go check and make sure I didn't send the wrong number

Henri, wow that sounds like quite a project! Hope everything goes off without a hitch!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-11-13 08:45 PM
In response to Vae

Here's a picture of our recent batch The small bottles on the table are 1 gal capacity so as you can see that's a little under 10 gallons. The ones on the floor are the mead - those are 6 gal capacity and it's actually about 5 gallons of mead each. We have another one like this downstairs as well, but we're not sure if that batch is going to turn out at all. Last time we tasted it, it was more like a hard cider than a honey mead.

I'll be more than happy to bring some up whenever I make it up to OKC!

Liquor
By Jarvae

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Vae

Jarvae, that is awesome! The Hubs was so excited to have gotten a beer making kit last Christmas. He had to have all the "stuff" from the beer store, of course (I know we all like our gadgets, so I couldn't complain). He made two batches, and now it's gathering dust in a corner of the dining room, LOL! And thank you for the shower soother recipe, sounds amazing! Can't wait to try them!

Well Kory, are you going to buy Paper Arts?!?! Darla? Sheryl?? Anyone?? Just saw the email this morning that she would be selling, or else it will close. It would be quite a fun place to call my own, but that hour-long commute for me would get old WAY too fast!!! Hope it doesn't close, or change too much. Although I didn't particularly like her, or get up there too often, the store always carried items that I use and like. Good thing I already cashed in the punch card I'd worked on!

Wanted to give y'all a quick update on The Hubs, too. He's doing great! Driving, eating, pretty much taking care of himself! I'm so happy for him! He'll be so much happier too, when the staples come out on Friday. I think he'll be more comfortable. He got a brace that he's supposed to wear for like 6 months, but it's so bulky that he doesn't like it. We'll see how that goes. I'm just glad he's doing so much better!!

Today is going to be a glorious day for me. I get my hair done today. I've been looking forward to it, like always. I absolutely LOVE someone else messing with, brushing, blow drying, especially washing, my hair. L-O-V-E, LOVE it!!! Yay for the little things in life! Have a great day, everyone!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

Good morning, y'all, happy Tuesday! I'm back at work, though the bed sure did feel good this morning, I could have slept several hours longer.
Ms Tanya, so glad Josh is doing better, and he will feel tremendous relief when the staples come out! I know I did. I wish I could buy Paper Arts, how about you buy it and I'll manage it for you, that way you don't have to make the drive every day? I bet between me and Korybean, you wouldn't have to come in hardly ever, lol! We'll run the place for you.
Hope everyone has an awesome day!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to chocolateaxel

I can't tell you how shocked I was, to wake up and find out that Darla put Paper Arts out of business with her boycott.

I wish I could buy it! Dangit, why did I have to divorce the rich Muslim?! I don't even get my alimony anymore!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-12-13 06:30 AM
In response to designguyKORY

Tanya, if you have a beer supply store nearby they probably also sell the citric acid there. My brew supply place sells it by 5 lb and 10 lb bags.

Yay for Josh doing so much better! Where is he driving though? Surely he's not back at work yet?

Enjoy your hair day. I haven't been able to find anyone here to do my hair in ages. It has reached an undesirable length but oh well, I can't be bothered.

Darla, that steampunk heart is so pretty! I wanna make one!!!!

I wish I didn't have to come to work today. I got the first GREAT night's sleep I've had in a while and I have all kinds of creative energy right now!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Vae

LOL @ Darla putting PA out of business!!!! Love it!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-12-13 07:11 AM
In response to tanyaham

• tanyaham Said:
LOL @ Darla putting PA out of business!!!! Love it!

You better believe it! That girl's got some influence! hehehe

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Vae

Yea, I was thinking the same thing. Darla and her boycotts!!
I do like the store though. They did have good stuff. I would love to buy it, but the hour would kill me, literally!

She's gotten lots of new things in, can't imagine why she'd still been ordering if she wants to quit. Must be a sudden decision.

Darla are you enjoying the snow, or are you getting any yet?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SherylEb

Good morning - sorry your shop is going out of business (Yeah, Thanks Darla!) but doesn't sound like the person running it was that popular. She probably ran a lot of business off - not just Darla.

We dont' know about the room addition yet - builder hasn't gotten back with costs yet. That is what will determine what we do.

We are now booked on those two cruises. Now I have to pack for a 1 month road trip plus a week or 2 week in Hawaii and a 42 days on the cruise ship at once because we will take everything with us when we leave in a week or two for the west coast. I also have to pack for Greece and France and Turkey and Italy and they could all have different temperatures. Truth is, I will start packing the day before we leave - I always do.

Guess I'd better get busy and unpack from the last trip - we need that suitcase.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Hey all!

Sorry I have not been posting.

I have been reading though.

Work has been super busy, plus I am busting my arse on the Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Challenge. After last week's canvas I thought I was done, but I made it to week 5! So this week's challenge is art journaling. I have never made an art journal, so it should be interesting.

We are having some real SNOW!! The biggest flakes I have ever seen about an hour ago. HUGE! So pretty. These are the days I love working from home.

I hope everyone is well.

Henri, it sounds like you have a trip and a half coming up!

Tonya, glad to hear that your man is doing well.

I don't think I ever went into Paper Arts.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-12-13 12:16 PM

I'm worried that my brand new LSS is not going to be around long. The other day I was in there and the owner and someone else were talking about classes over the summer and the owner said "if we're still here by summer". But she is really good about ordering new stuff and not ordering much of anything so that it doesn't sit there forever (which really sucked when I wanted the Prima Rondelle and she was out within a day or two).

It always makes me nervous when I find an LSS I like. I always worry that they might not be there next time... so many have gone under.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-12-13 12:23 PM
In response to Vae

I'm doing the happy dance! Today I picked up an order for a bunch of Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante paper that I bought on ebay. I actually had it here in my wishlist and had forgotten about it, and now it's discontinued. But there's a lady on eBay who has sold me quite a few discontinued papers in the past and she lives about 5 minutes from my office, so no shipping. YAY!

THEN I went to Tuesday morning and they had LOTS of packs of the Graphic 45 Curtain Call and Le Cirque. Granted, each pack has like 25 sheets of the same paper, but for only $3 I couldn't NOT get 2 of them. I got 2 different packs from the Curtain Call line which is one of my absolute favs. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do with them. LOL!

Too bad I don't do swaps... those packs would be perfect for making a bunch of the same thing. Does anyone else buy packs there besides plain cardstock? What do you do with them?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Vae

No, I don't buy the huge packs cause I wouldn't know what to do with all that pp! I think that there might be some swap groups though. I love that Steampunk line, it is great!

Our LSS here is good, I think she will be around awhile, at least, I hope so!

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to Manda_K

Hey guys how your Tuesday going? My day going well I just got my order in from Scrapbook(dot)com. Excitied to play with the stuff I got. This will probably be my last order for while. Have a good day everyone.

Justie

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics