Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

I'm ba-ack! Anybody here? I should be in my scrap room making a card that I need to get in the mail asap, but I'm still fighting this muscle spasm in my back, yuck! So I'm just hanging, watching mindless tv and hoping someone is around to chat with.....

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to chocolateaxel

I'm running in and out while I let Ms. Cameo do her thang. Obviously my Valentines aren't going to get to where they need to be by tomorrow, but at least if they're late, people will know they're really from me :>)

Hope your muscle spasms go away soon. I'm sure it's not how you wanted to spend y our evening! ~Judy

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to mrsdriver5

LOL, Jarvae...."doggie entertainer". Sounds like a good gig!

Tanya, big....big hugs to you & Josh. Hope things turn around for him real quick! I can't imagine what you're going through.

Just found out this evening things around my job are changing. Don't even know if I'll continue to have one. So blue this evening because this was the perfect job for me. I pretty much could just be off on a whim and could definitely be off when Tim was. I guess we'll wait and see, but until I know more, we've decided to tighten the budget really tight. No more scrappy stuff for a while.....boo on that! I know it's not the end of the world, and it seems so trivial after reading about Tanya & Josh, but I just feel so depressed tonight.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-13-13 07:13 PM
In response to flintridgescrapper

I'm back and forth tonight. We are dealing with house stuff and trying to get things finalized.

Rob picked up some photos for me at Costco but I don't know that I have the energy to work on anything tonight. I've slept really well the past two nights but I still feel so run down. Stupid stress.

Darla, I hope your back gets to feeling better. Have you ever tried the EMS/Tens/IF machines? I have a spasm that comes and goes all the time in one spot on my back. I was at the chiro every other day to get zapped with the EMS. I finally broke down and got my own- insurance covered it and it was only $30. That thing is a life saver. As a matter of fact, I need to go get hooked up real quick...

Judy, so sorry to hear about your job. That is one of the scariest things to have to go through... not being able to buy scrappy stuff. hehe j/k. Keep positive though. A friend of mine is facing a layoff at her company and she's made it through several rounds and every time they tell her it's because of her attitude. Besides, you know what they say, when one door closes another opens.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Vae

I'm home and trying to relax for the evening. Josh was much more alert after they got him situated in his room. Still had a headache, but he was getting some good drugs and some Ambien to help him through the night. His mom decided to go ahead and stay with him tonight, just to make sure everything went well. The infectious disease doctor will come by tomorrow, so we'll see what he has to say. Josh couldn't believe it was going to take 3 days for the culture to grow and results to come back. He said it only took a few seconds on CSI. I plan to take him a Valentine balloon and the card I made him to his room tomorrow. I've spent two of our Valentine's Days sick, and he always cheered me up with flowers and balloons. Guess it's my turn!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

You sound very good Tanya, especially after all you and Josh have been through.

Glad he seems to be doing better. Will be so nice when he gets this all behind him so the two of you can get back to a normal life without hospitals.

Judy, I hope the job doesn't end for you - that you are not one of the ones that will have to find another job. My mom always said, "Don't borrow trouble". Of all the stupid little saying she used to constantly repeat, that is the one that always stick in my mind.

I just chant over and over to myself, "Don't borrow trouble". Things may work out fine and then you have worried over nothing.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Hi, again, y'all!
Jarvae, I have used the TENS type machines before, although I don't have one. Not that it would do any good if I had one, I can't reach where it would need to be placed, and poor furry boy doesn't have thumbs so he's no help, lol.
I know it's hard, Tanya, but just think - it could be worse, at least you and Josh will be together on V Day, whether sick or in pain. I don't think I've even been in the same state as my hubs on V Day in the last 15 years or more. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time we were together on my birthday, this year was the first time in eons that we were together on his birthday, and last year was the first anniversary we've been together in ten years or more. See? It could be much worse!
Sorry to hear you might lose your job, Judy, I'll add you to my prayers that things work out for you. Just remember, no matter how bad things look, everything happens for a reason. Sometimes I just wish someone would let me in on the secret reasons, lol!
It feels like my muscle relaxer is kicking in, I'm about to crash. Y'all have a great night, catch y'all tomorrow.......

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

Hugs to everybody with bad backs or hubbies with bad backs.

My stupid little migrainey headache pales into insignificance beside all that. I still hope it goes quickly though!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to RedSquirrel

Good morning and happy Thursday, y'all!
I got a great night's sleep and finally the spasm in my back is easing. It's not completely gone but does feel much better today. YAY!
Ms Tanya, I hope Josh is doing better today!
Rosey, hope your migraine is gone, headaches can be so horrible!
Ms Sheryl, hope your pain is better, at least more manageable.
Lady Tammy, internet today, YAY!!!!!
Korybean, I miss you!
Jarvae, Judy, Judy, Manda, Besney, anyone else I'm missing, hi! Hope y'all are doing well.
Happy Valentine's Day to all and hope you all have a great day!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Oh Tanya, I hope that he isn't in a bad way with the infection or anything! How scary!

Today my oldest son turns 12! TWELVE! Yikes!

Kelly got me 2 pots of tulips and some perfume as well as a couple t-shirts and a Little Pet Shop toy for the kids. We aren't celebrating Micale's birthday until Sunday, so we can all get together and go bowling.

Happy Valentine's Day!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Manda_K

JARVAE! DARLA! I was ADDICTED to the TENS thingy, for a bit. When my carpal tunnels were actin up real real bad once, I was going to physical therapy- and they'd put those things on me and plug me in- it felt so freakin good that I HAD to have one, so of course I got one. And I loved it til it broke. I need a new one. I loved it on my knees too. I am aging badly.

TANYA! Wow, that is scary. Just the thought that someone could 'leak spinal fluid' really freaks me out. I wish I could do something to help. :-/

Back to the theatre, tonight. Did I tell y'all about the complaint we got? Two women who came to the show and walked out, 30 minutes in, last week sent a complaint email. They say the 'constant foul language' was too much. WHAT?!?! There isn't any! This is probably the cleanest show I've ever worked on! I guess they are just wanting a refund.

I'm dyin to get the new Tim Holtz embossing folders, too. Were those in at Paper Arts, yet? She did always seem to have TH product in first..

Also, anybody in OKC who wants TH dies- Basket Market was putting a ton of them out on Monday. Holly made friends with a worker there, who gave us the heads up and let us dig through the new/upcoming product. lol All the Bigz dies are 8.00. The On The Edge and strip dies are 7.00.

-k

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to designguyKORY

Kory - you aren't old enough to be aging badly! Trust me on that one!

Tanya - how isJosh today? And how are you holdilng up?

Our Valentine's Day started very nicely. Happy Valentines everyone!

Kara - did you get Robert's card made? What are you two doing to celebrate Valentine's Day?

Last night Bill wanted to go to bed at 11:45 and every few seconds he asked me, "Is it Valentine's Day yet?" And I'd say, "No, 10 more minutes, 9 more minutes, still 9 minutes, still 9 minutes...," until it was midnight.

Then he said, "Okay, you have to find your present now - I'll tell you when your are getting warmer or hot or cold.

In the bottom kitchen cupboard where I put appliances I seldom use there was a heart shaped crystal candy dish with a lid that matches my American Forstoria perfectly. In fact it is a copy of the Fostoria pattern and it is lovely. It was filled with Jelly Bellys because I love those things.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
Judy, I hope the job doesn't end for you - that you are not one of the ones that will have to find another job. My mom always said, "Don't borrow trouble". Of all the stupid little saying she used to constantly repeat, that is the one that always stick in my mind.

I just chant over and over to myself, "Don't borrow trouble". Things may work out fine and then you have worried over nothing.

Thanks all for the wishes on the job. Things may not change at all, but I always seem to look for the worst to happen. "Don't borrow trouble" seems like a good thing to remember.

Happy Birthday to Micale!

Happy Valentine's to all! For the 1st time in the 23 years we've been married, I got a dozen roses. He said he wanted to do something different this year. He thought about making me a card with my scrapbooking supplies, but he said he knew he wouldn't know how to even put it together, lol, and that it would look like a kindergartener did it. That would have surely been something I would have treasured, but he just decided to do roses!

Tanya, hope you got some sleep last night & that Josh is doing better!

Rosey, hope you're feeling better by now.

Darla, what are you doing about the fur baby? Have you figured out a solution yet?

Hi to everyone else!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to flintridgescrapper

Sounds like a good V-Day all around!

Kory, that is too much! I can't stand it when people make up a complete story to get money back. Just say you didn't like it and move on. Sheesh.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Manda_K

My son always expects the worst. Says that way he isn't disappointed.

I tell him to expect the best. If the best doesn't happen - deal with it then.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Henri Jean

Miz Henri- do you know how old I am? I'm older than I look.

And I've lived dog years.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

You look young and you have such an active life with the theater and all and still have a party streak in you a mile wide. Your still on the younger, wilder side. God, I miss those days!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

I wish so badly I had a TENS unit or something similar, although I can't reach where it needs to be placed so I don't know why I'm wishing for it, lol! But it sure would feel good!
Y'all just don't know how old Korybean really is, he's older than dirt! LOL! Not really, but he is older than he looks, I was surprised when I found out his age.
I have an appointment Tuesday evening with the owner of a pet sitting service that actually does handle the boonies where I live. The owner and the sitter that ould be my regular person are coming out to do a home interview and meet the boy. She sounds nice on the phone, I think it will work out. I hope so! I have been stressing myself like crazy trying to come up with a workable solution, probably why my back is in spasm.
K, back to work, y'all have a great day!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

hi y'all! I got my internet - but it was quite the process indeed - they had to literally install phone points - so up from the ground floor risers up 11 floors then through the bathroom (which luckily all the pipes and wires are covered but accessible then through to the kitchen (had to move the washing machine) and then finally through to the lounge - drill out a spot for the box, put it in, phone jack in, then hooked up my modem and hub system for wireless. took 4.5 hours but I am back!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ladybing Tammy

So glad you are back Tammy! We have missed you!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics