Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Henri Jean

Hi, Tammy!

Now ya'll have me curious about how old Kory is. Ya'll gonna spill or do I have to just go on wondering?

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to flintridgescrapper

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Tanya, I hope you and your DH are doing better!
Thinking of you....

Alison

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Ladybing Tammy

We are glad you are back up and running Tammy! Seems like a lot of construction for internet!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Manda_K

but it was worth it Manda! Of course it might take the romance out of the meal I cooked and the wine as we have both been stroking our laptops!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Bill and I have to go to court today - really more of a hearing.

Someone tipped us off that a house was about to be foreclosed on and the owners moved cross county over 2 years ago and no maintence was done or payments made. Its a cinder-block Florida style house in pretty good shape except for the yard - it was awful.

We could buy the mortgage for $9,000 so the opportunity to buy the house for $9,000 was awesome so we grabbed it and just wrote the check a few months ago.

THe problem is (and we knew it), 2 years ago the city or county started charging about $50 a day because of the bad shape of the yard and periodically sent out workers to clean it up a bit. This went on for 2 years. The fines are now ridiculous - about $24,000. SO today we will get that lein dropped.

However, we were told if we bought the deed and brought the yard and house into compliance and maintained it they would drop all the fines except for the actual cost they had to pay to have the yard work done over the past 2 years where they had to put out money to hire someone.

So, we are going today to get the fines dropped and pay for the yard work for the past 2 years.

Next step - we have to get the deed put in our name, we only own the mortgage.

We've had 2 guys living there the past 3 months and they have been working on the inside and outside to get it ready to rent and they have already got another house we own in the same neighborhood ready to rent for us while living there.

After we leave the courthouse (hearing is at 5:30) I told Bill he could take me out for Valentine's Dinner.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Happy Valentines Day Miss H and Bill and everyone else - we are now into the wine phase of our evening!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Lady Tammy...you getting your 'net reminded me of when our youngest (also named Tammy) was living in Siberia. No chance of having 'net in the house...she'd have to go to a coffee shop for that, but few even had phone wiring. She went there in 2003 so it was before everyone in the States began getting rid of home phones. We just pretty much took a phone in the house for granted...but not in Siberia!

She had to pay through the nose to get someone to come out and put in phone service...then the landlord upped her rent. Reason? The apt. now had a phone in it so it was worth more! The first time they about tripled her rent, so she moved...and had to pay again to get a phone put in. That time her rent was raised, but not as much.

Of course most people didn't have phones so she couldn't call anyone much :>) But she did use it for businesses and we had international calling rates so we could talk to her.

Anyway, glad you're back online!

Kory...you might think you're old, but if you're not on Social Security, you just don't qualify. Sorry... (Or retired. Gee, is anyone on here retired? Terri, do you know of anyone?) Trust me...all new aches and pains come along with the retirement checks! ~Judy

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to mrsdriver5

I know - you should have seen the look on his face when I was telling him abut life in the colonies - lol - how some people even have phones in the bathroom - he was like stunned but you know he did a great job here and I am a very happy camper.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Hey everyone!

KORY - your insider friend at BM needs to let you know about any Doodlebug, so I can run over and snatch it up!!!

Josh is doing better today. He ate all his broth, drank several juices, some Dr Pepper and a few bites of ice cream. The physical therapy lady told him the goal for today was to sit on the side of the bed, possibly stand up if he could. He ended up walking to the door and back! I was really proud of him. When I got there this morning, his mom was pretty wound up with one of the nurses. He'd called twice for pain meds, and it took her an hour to get around to it (said she was delivering breakfast trays, so much more important, really?!?), and then she made the decision that he wasn't getting much. She'd heard him say yesterday that he'd had to detox from the meds when he came home a couple of weeks ago, so she wasn't going to allow that again. WTHeck?!? My MIL was furious! When the surgeon came in today, he said he'd handle it, and she was SWEET AS PIE the rest of the time. She had also come in and jarred him a few times, or started pulling/pushing on him, being rough. She started jacking the bed up and he was begging her to stop and go slow. What the heck was she thinking? Anyhow ... it'll be Saturday or Sunday before they even know what grew in the cultures and if he's OK to send home or not.

I took him a Valentine balloon and tied it to his bed this morning. And he liked the card I made him, too. A little old guy that volunteers brought by some beautiful roses for each of the patients. They were all wrapped with tissue and ribbon, it was so sweet. Josh thanked him for helping him out of the doghouse on Valentines, LOL!

And ... I got a text from my hairdresser saying she had a cancellation today at 5, if I could make it! YAY! I don't have to wait!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

Wait, WHAT? The Nurse decided on what kind of painkillers he'd get??? That nurse would still be laying on the floor, crying, if she stood in the way between me and pain medication. I promise.

That's just insane.

Henri, would you get a house for me? I'm not picky. And I'll make it look nice. I can even arrange to get a celebrity to OD there, to raise the value.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
but it was worth it Manda! Of course it might take the romance out of the meal I cooked and the wine as we have both been stroking our laptops!

LOL!!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Manda_K

Kory! LOL, that is too hilarious. Which celeb? I don't think that LiLo would raise ANY home value.

Tanya, that is crazy. Sometimes nurses get ahead of themselves.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Manda_K

If I find you a house Kory, will you move to Florida?

We went to the city council meeting - just got home. We were 5th on the docket. Nearly fell over when I found out what the fees were. They assessed them at $50 a day. When the people who owned it skipped town it escalated for several months to $500 a day. Over $100,000 in fines.

All of them were waived since we are compliant now - in fact we brought it into compliance before we even paid for the house.

We do have to reimburse the city nearly $5,000 in costs the city paid to hire people to do yardwork before we bought it. They gave us 30 days to pay that so I'm sure Bill will pay it in the next couple days. If not paid in 30, then all the back fees come back into play and we won't be able to get them waived.

Bill is going to start grilling the ribs and I'm going to start making fried hashbrowns for him - real nice a brown on the outside with onions inside. Got to start chopping onions now too!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to designguyKORY

• designguyKORY Said:

Henri, would you get a house for me? I'm not picky. And I'll make it look nice. I can even arrange to get a celebrity to OD there, to raise the value.

Also put phone in the bathroom. That should do it.

Kory, I did see the new TH Gears embossing pack at PA, bit remember everything in the store is 30% off so things will be going quickly.

Tanya, hope Josh continues to improve. My son is studying to be a CSI. He would culture that for you in no time. LOL.

Tammy, glad you are back on the NET. Whatever it takes to make it work huh!

Darla, I have a tens/if combo unit I put on my back. It helps. Sometimes. Hope you feel better. I saw your valentines on MHF website. Very pretty! You did a great job.

I hope everyone had a wonderful valentines day.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hey, y'all, hope everyone has had a happy V day! Mine has been okay, nothing special since it's just me and the furry kid, but he has come over several times to give me some sweet lickum sugars, lol.
Ms Tanya, glad to hear Josh is feeling a little better. Not to excuse the nurse, it sounds like she was definitely out of line, but sometimes the doctors will write the orders for meds and give a range of the dosage, and if the patient does well at a lower dose then it's a good thing. Of course, the doctors don't tell you they do this because then they wouldn't have anyone to point the finger at if it all goes into the crapper. It does sound like she needs to work on her patient skills though, not be so abrupt and rough! I always feel sorry for the nurses, especially since I have seen it from the patient side of the fence and since my sister is a nurse, from their side as well. The hospitals don't staff like they used to, so each nurse has a larger patient load, and if they have any patients that require more attention than has been "budgeted", then it plays he!! with anything that needs to be on schedule, like meds. And of course there are those patients that take out their frustration on the nurses, sometimes simply because he/she is following the orders left by the doctor. Hopefully for the rest of the time Josh has to be in the hospital, either that nurse will be off duty or assigned to other patients. Or maybe they will send her for more training, lol!
Korybean, as soon as I read your post about Basket Market, I started dreaming about getting there bright and early Saturday morning. Then reality slapped me awake and I realized I'm tied up Saturday morning until at least 11:00-11:30, then I have to rush home to meet with my potential pet sitter. She called this afternoon to reschedule from Tuesday evening to Saturday which is great by me except now it interferes with my scrappy shopping! Wahhhhhhhh!!!!! I guess you'll get all the good stuff and I'll get jack squat!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Awwwwww, thank you, Ms Sheryl! I didn't realize she had them posted. I'll have to pop over there and take a look.
And NO! If I'm stuck here in OK, so is Korybean! He can't go anywhere until I can escape too.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-14-13 05:53 PM
In response to chocolateaxel

I'm doing my happy dance! I just picked up a bunch of the new Prima Engraver papers My LSS just got them in today and I barely made it there before they closed. Love them!!

Tammy, welcome back to the interweb!!!

Tanya, so glad that you got your hair appt!! And yay for Josh feeling better! Boo for mean nurses. Sounds like she was just having a really bad day and took it out on him. Hope he doesn't have to deal with her again. I have a huge amount of respect for people in any kind of service industry but especially nurses. The ones who are nice, anyway.

I'm with Kory. Anyone tries to take away my pain meds is going to understand what pain really is. (insert menacing glare)
... we need a menacing glare smiley.

Henri glad to hear things went well with your rental house. I have a rental property down in Houston and I love that house but it's a real pain sometimes when we have to drive all the way down there. Luckily we have awesome renters and they don't call us much, but when they do, it's kind of inconvenient. But it gets me back down to Houston, which I miss. Every time we go down there I think about moving back. Too bad Rob's job is up here.

Darla, very pretty valentines! Yeah I imagine it would be hard to get those stickies on your back without help. But I bet Kory could come up with some kind of genius contraption so you could put them on yourself! LOL. It really does make a world of difference for me. I wouldn't be able to turn my neck or move my back at all without that thing. But yeah, you'd think they would have come up with something by now for people to help them put it on their back. I mean, how many people probably use that thing for their back and it's not like you can exactly twist and reach that far when you're in that kind of pain. Like Judy says, they got a man on the moon... they should be able to get something figured out for this.

• flintridgescrapper Said:

Now ya'll have me curious about how old Kory is. Ya'll gonna spill or do I have to just go on wondering?

Ditto for me!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

Bill has a rental house in Colorado. The renters were there for 10 years and Bill never had to check or do anything.

The renters moved out about 2 years ago and new renters are in. He still hasn't gone back to see it. We've been together about 6 years now and he hasn't gone near it.

He has a cousin there who collects the rent and sends a check when there are enough months to make it a big check. If there is maintenance he does it or hires it so we never have to go. I've never seen the house.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

It's Friday, folks! I really really want to go out and make some damage on the credit card, but I won't be. Well other than some groceries, that is.

I have a craving to go and poke about in some of these Aladdin's caves of shops and see what I can find. there just aren't that many Aladdin's caves around where I live.

I ran out of foam tape yesterday. I think that's what's brought on the craving.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

Kory... can't imagine asking for a refund on tickets because of "language". I went to a Broadway production of Hair last weekend... I am SURE they would not have approved of that show. Our tickets were on level 6 ( only one balcony above that) so were not the highest priced at all and they were still $76 per person. A far cry from the $5 I paid to see it back 40 years ago. I worked as a volunteer usher for 8 years at a performing arts center and there was always at least one problem per performance. The worst was when someone came to get me and ask for a seat change.... the lady next to them brought a baby and was changing diapers in her lap during the performance. The theater changed policy the following year and every person had to have a paid ticket.... thus... no babies or toddlers came without a fully paid ticket. I think people just didn't want to pay a babysitter so they brought the kids. Crying babies during an Italian opera were not a good pair.
Friday... yay.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics