Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Good morning and happy Friday, y'all! And it's payday!! The best day of all!
Tomorrow is Demo Day, which is a very good thing, but I have a class in the morning, which is a bad thing , so if I make it to Demo Day it will be later than my usual time and I'll probably have to wait forever and ever for a turn at the Demo. Oh, well, life goes on. If that's the worst problem I have right now, I can count myself blessed.
Does anyone have big weekend plans? Early in the week my sister was planning to come down, but yesterday she texted and backed out, again. I don't think she has any clue that her actions affect others. I had made all my plans for the weekend around her being here, all for nothing. This is not the first time she has done this, the most recent being my birthday weekend. So I've decided I'm done, I am just going to live my life and make my plans, and if she comes for a visit then she will have to work around whatever I may already have scheduled. I'm tired of trying to acommodate her and then having her flake.
Oooohh, I sound so grumpy this morning, LOL! I'm really not, I'm actually in a very good mood, and so happy it's a long weekend!! I guess I just needed to vent a bit since I am disappointed yet again by my sister. Okay, over it now, put on my happy face
Ms Tanya, I hope Josh is doing better and better, I know you will be relieved when he's back home again, hospitals are terrible places to have to spend time in. I pray the antibiotics are kicking the infection's booty, and that he is having less pain.
Ms Sheryl, you've been scarce lately, I hope your pain isn't keeping you from spending time with us.
Lady Tammy, hurray for the internet!! No matter how involved it was to get it hooked up, I know you're very glad to be connected with the world again!
Jarvae,Judy,Judy,Manda,Be sney,Rosey,Pink,H.J., Alison, Korybean, and anybody else I can't remember, hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to chocolateaxel

Hope you have a wonderful weekend without your sister...shes the one missing out xx big hugs
Anne x(Besneys)

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Besneys

Morning' All!

Went by the hospital last night, and Josh was doing good, other than being itchy. Something had him really irritated. He got a couple of benedryl and some evening meds before I went home.

This morning, he looked terrible. He said he'd vomited a couple of times during the night, and it was horribly painful. He'd just gotten some meds before I came in, so he was quite groggy. I left him to sleep, and will be anxious to get back and see how he's doing in a few hours.

Hope everyone has a great day!

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to designguyKORY

go guys!! I love the fact that I am saving all my money up for the big scrapbook expo coming to grapevine next friday!! 1 week away!!!!! I have been looking forward to this since october 2012!
I am going to get:
1.PAPER
2.Masks or stencils
3.flowers
4.gesso
5. who knows maybey my first heat gun
Do you believe I have never embossed a thing I dont know how>???? crazy! talk to yall later!!!

Diva
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you can move to Florida!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bayamonesa1

Sure Kory - and property really is inexpesive in central Florida. Ridiculously cheap although its low everywehre right now.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Henri Jean

evening all - we went for a walk tonight and then ordered pizza for supper and had picked up some beer at the train station so yummy supper!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ladybing Tammy

That sounds nice Tammy. I wanted Taco Bell so Bill and Joe brought home Taco Bell for dinner. It was early so I'm sure they will be into junk food later.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-15-13 05:03 PM

Gah! I need a Silhouette... right now! for the layout I'm working on. I need to just hurry up and order one... wahhh... I can't wait to move.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Vae

Yes, Jarvae! Get one! You NEED one!
I got one for Christmas and it was the best thing I have ever gotten, hands down!
I LOVE designing stuff on this machine and cutting whatever I want.....

We had salad with avocado and organic roasted pepper/tomato soup tonight for dinner...trying to eat healthy
Tacos and/or pizza sounds good!

Alison

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to kiyawinn

Not sure if this goes under PayDay Friday or Anybody Working on Anything, but...I would be working on something, IF my Cameo mat wasn't almost in shreds and so slick a duck could slide across it. I'm trying to finish my Valentines that I need for tomorrow's family party, but everything I try to cut is wonky. I played with the pens, but I need writing too small and it was hard to read with the pens that I wanted to use.

So, I did the one thing I do pretty well...went shopping. I just ordered two mats and a back-up blade for Ms. Cameo (aka Cammi) but of course SB is so slow in their shipping. I ordered it at least ten minutes ago and I just looked...it's not by my door yet. :>)

Since I was ordering that and paying for shipping, I ordered most of the stuff for the new BoBunny Prairie Chic and some Disney and Sesame St. paper I've had on my wishlist forever and I'm afraid it will be discontinued. So, the cost of my Valentines has just increased by another $150 for today's order. You don't think they would have been cheaper at Wally World, do you? ~Judy

(I think it's funny that the Silhouette site is out of stock for the blades. I mean, they're their blades!)

Also, I'm not sure I got all the stickers I have listed below. I know I just added a bunch of stuff that looked interesting. It will be fun to be surprised to see what I actually ordered

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-15-13 06:15 PM
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:

...but of course SB is so slow in their shipping. I ordered it at least ten minutes ago and I just looked...it's not by my door yet. :>)

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to mrsdriver5

Shopping haul sounds great!
After I destroyed my very first cutting mat when I first got my machine because I was doing it wrong.....I learned to always have a spare!
I have 2 blades and one cutting mat standing by

Alison

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-15-13 06:18 PM
In response to Vae

I'm going insane. I can't finish my layout because I simply can't get the title I want. I tried printing it and cutting it with my xacto and that was a huge fail. To make things even worse, my neighbor's dog is at it again. Any time they are not home they put him in the garage and he HOWLS and barks CONSTANTLY. We have called the apartment twice about it but it is usually happening in the evening when nobody is at the management office. I'm at my whit's end. I love dogs, I know it's not the dog's fault. I HATE the owners. That poor dog is probably in distress or being neglected or something... I am tempted to go sit on their doorstep until they go home. Or I would be if it weren't 40 degrees outside.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

Can you record the howling and take it to the manager's office when they're open? Or set it up outside the owner's bedroom window to play in the middle of the night?

Our neighbor's dog barks if one of us shows our face in our backyard. We've got a wooden privacy fence, but that doesn't matter. I love dogs...hate the barking when no one will take care of them!

It sounds like you're having the same "title" luck I've been having. I think I finally found a half-way sticky place on my mat, so I'm cutting things besides the lettering that I wanted. Just no time to mess with it. If I'm not careful, I'll be late for Valentine's! ~Judy

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Vae

Hey everyone!!!

I am catching up on posts here while I'm running this show. I know- that may not sound very professional but this isn't a musical with some kind of cue every fifteen seconds- so I have about 15 minutes average between a sound or light or FX cue. And that's great! However, this show has more pre-set and maintenance work than I've ever had, I think. Seriously- a CAKE ever night?! Last week, I managed to drag the same birthday cake through five shows, by patching it up and 'resurfacing' the candle holes with Kool-Whip every night. But luckily I talked props into a brand new cake. But I had to surgically remove the frosting roses and put them on the new cake cuz the bakery refused to do custom without a 24 -hour notice. That's going in my contract from now on- NO DEALING WITH CAKE. Heeehee
Time for a cue- "BRB," as the kids say.
So- Darrrrrrla... Doesn't look like I will make it to Demo Day tomorrow. Holly has to work and I can't drive my truck with jankity brakes up there- BUT- I did make it up there today! I picked up the Tim Holtz 'Viewmaster' die, the white Dylusions, and my first three bottles of Distress Paint!!!

Then, Holly talked me into Paper Crown- where I had fun talking to the owner. I got a couple sheets of new paper and the big pack of gray and yellow washi from My Mind's Eye AND the 'Engraver' washi from Prima.

We also hit up Basket Market- where I got three new masks/stencils- and Holly's friend was sitting on the floor repricing items- so she repriced my stencils down to 1.50! I also picked up another the Tim Holtz die and a couple of paint dabbers. Dangit, I'm obsessed with paint dabbers.

A wild payday Friday!

Oh!!! And while we were at Paper Crown, a custome comes in and talks smack right in front of the owner! Said something like, "we'll the last time I came here they were CLOSED for inventory." But says it all nasty. If any of you know who that was- you just tell her that I said SHAME! Lol

Well... We're close to the end of Act One- so I'm gonna get ready for that barrage of cues.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to designguyKORY

That was a fun post Kory - with you explaining what you were doing with the play as it was happening. I actually enjoyed it becuase theater is something I know nothing about.

Great shopping day today too! You really hit the mother lode of goodies. I know I had a boring day when I can't remember anything I did today.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-15-13 07:16 PM

I just tried recording it on my phone but the dumb thing is designed to block background noise so it doesn't really pick it up.

We have called the office twice but now I am writing a letter. I don't often write letters but when I do they are usually very sharply worded. This is the second letter I've had to write this week (the first one was to the home builder - a 2 pager plus attachments ripping the girl apart who has been messing up on EVERYTHING).

This has been such an up and down week... lots of stress but also lots of new scrappy goodies. No wonder I'm so drained!

Darla, I'm sorry about your sister flaking again. I agree, I wouldn't make any plans around her anymore.

Tanya, I hope Josh is doing better this evening... so sorry to hear he had such a rough night!

Kory, color me jealous!! I need stencils for $1.50!!!

Alison, that sounds yummy! We had pizza tonight. Well, leftover pizza. Rob made mini heart-shaped pizzas last night for Valentine's day. We need to get back on our diet though.

Henry, I was asking Rob for some drywall tape to try your cricut trick. His tape isn't sticky. So he went to Home Depot to find some that is sticky and he wasn't sure what it was because he said none of them are sticky. Then he asked me if I was talking about the blue painter's tape but I said no, she said it was drywall tape. Do you know what brand yours is?

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Vae

Make sure it's the mesh drywall tape, not the paper. I think it may say fiberglass? It's tacky on the other side you wouldn't think it is, but it is. Magic mesh works the same, looks the same too.

Kory, don't you love the engraver fabric tape? Cool huh. Have you seen the brads that go with it. Awesome! Cindy at PC is so nice huh.

I have got to go to basket market one of these days!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

I just sent you a PM, Jarvae, for the mesh tape.~Judy

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics