Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to designguyKORY

Too bad you didn't shout out earlier, I would have hit the town with you. However, once I make the trek out to the boonies, it's tough to motivate myself to head back into civilization, lol!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to chocolateaxel

Love your Easter bonnet Kory.

How are your Easter dinner plan coming together? My son has to hit the road to drive 6 hours back to Atlanta area after dinner so we are having an early Easter dinner.

Because we are rushed I bought some of my sides at Honeybaked Ham, like the sweet potatoe casserole and coudn't resist the cinnamon apples.

Jsut have to make cheesecake tomorrow, the bing cherry gelatin salad and deviled eggs. Won't be much to do Easter before dinner but to make the peas and heat up the macaroni & cheese, the apples, and the sweet potato casserole. Oh, and make the corn souffles.

SInce my husband got his pacemaker he is to stay away from green stuff so he will just look at the peas. No brocolli or spinach or anything green and leafy or beans.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• designguyKORY Said:
So, the box of wine has made it out of the fridge and is on my nightstand. For easier refills. YOU know.

I had to hit up the tire shop for a new tire, after work. Hibdons? No. I go to the Martinez Brothers on 10th and Penn. I'm not proud. Or worried about safety.

I'm in the mood to visit some nightspots, but everybody I know is outta town or about to be outta town. Really?! Since when did Easter become a go home holiday?! I know I was raised by wild heathen hippies, but still?! I've never seen such an Easter weekend. Work was empty by 1pm. Except for me, my boss, and two other coworkers who decided to ride it out by .... doing nothing and making hats.

It's 9pm. Who wants to hit the town and fall in love? No...not with each other. The right way. With strangers.

-kory

Can you get here within the hour? I'll take you to the hotpsots in downtown Chicago. My dh will drive, since I hate driving into the city.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:

SInce my husband got his pacemaker he is to stay away from green stuff so he will just look at the peas. No brocolli or spinach or anything green and leafy or beans.

I could never do this. I know some would not care, but i will have a whole bag of those frozen steam able bags of broccoli or beans for an afternoon snack... and I am not skinny from doing this cause I love to put cheese on it

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

DANGIT, ChockLit DEE!!!

We will hit the town one of these night, I just know it- and even if it's not the night, we could at least go to Gospel Brunch, lol.

And Henri- my Easter plans are so simple. I'm still working on the Easter Baskets, my mom is bringing food, Holly Busch is bringing dessert, and we're gonna have fun! As to what will actually happen, we'll see-

And Scrappnmom2il: I WOULD love to be in Chicago right now! And now that I know you're there, when I end up there, I'ma call you and your huzbin, and demand a night out on the town.

AND: Everyone! I've posted my epic near-death experience shopping trip blog post- if you're interested, ENJOY!

-kory

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC

Two things: I'm also in Chicago, and that post had me in TEARS! Lol. So glad you are ok!

scrappyjae
Tenant
scrappyjae
In response to LesleyC

Good Lord Kory, what an adventure. I sooo agree with you on the idiots that can never pay and leave. They stand there in front of the card slider blocking you from paying. HATE THAT! Ask my kids, they have been hid in shame at my not so subtle remarks for people to MOVE!!!

Mishay36
Pro
Mishay36

I have to get some of those Tim Holtz knobs...love them! Im also going to check out TM they have the best stuff sometimes!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mishay36

Will go check your blog right now Kory.

Green vegetables have vitamin K in them which naturally thins the blood. Bill is on serious blood thinners and the Vitaman K in green vegetables could cause serious problems and possibly internal bleeding so they are a no-no for him.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Kory - just read about your accident. I can't imagine spinning in a 360 degree circle on the interstate - my life would have been flashing in front of my eyes. So glad it had a happy ending!

I've never changed a flat time. Maybe I'll ask my husband if I can change the tire next time we have a flat. He'd have me committed for sure becuase he knows I have no idea how to get the thing off and another one there - and have never had a longing desire to learn!

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010

• designguyKORY Said:
DANGIT, ChockLit DEE!!!

We will hit the town one of these night, I just know it- and even if it's not the night, we could at least go to Gospel Brunch, lol.

And Henri- my Easter plans are so simple. I'm still working on the Easter Baskets, my mom is bringing food, Holly Busch is bringing dessert, and we're gonna have fun! As to what will actually happen, we'll see-

And Scrappnmom2il: I WOULD love to be in Chicago right now! And now that I know you're there, when I end up there, I'ma call you and your huzbin, and demand a night out on the town.

AND: Everyone! I've posted my epic near-death experience shopping trip blog post- if you're interested, ENJOY!

-kory

K if you go to Chicago let me know I will join in and met you all there! Its not too far from Ohio!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

Henri... next time you are in Vegas.. use the city bus or drive if you have a rental car to
Viva Las Vegas Stamps. You would never know it from the street... you have to drive around to this dumpy looking teeny parking lot and the building gives no HINT of what's inside. But my gosh... it's actually overwhelming. It is packed... jammed... with stamps. They have so many unusual and funny ones. The last time I was there, one of the store kitties was lounging in a big "vat" of reduced and unmounted stamps. He was king of the hill. Other kitties and dogs there to offer encouragement and advice. I think the owner got ill and now mostly works from home... they do a HUGE mail order business so the furry residents are not longer there for greeting and assisting. You do have to go looking for the store but it is a ton of fun. Definitely not part of a regular Vegas trip but for the crafter it will definitely result in a few purchases.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I am home from my shopping trip to Basket Market with TANYAHAM and CHOCOLATEAXEL! I love you two!

I wish all y'all coulda been there! While they didn't have an embarrassment of terrific buys and hot items- I did find a few things and some great papers- some Studio Calico and Crate. I love the Crate!

And while I was hopelessly digging through mountains of paper, convinced that a single certain sheet I really want from Studio Calico must be in the stacks- I did find most of the rest of this collection- Madame Tanya spots the L Letterpress Starter Kit on a bottom shelf! For 25 dollars! I've wanted one for a long time- and bought most of the plates already, when they went on clearance at HL- but still hadn't bought the starter kit. I'd been putting it off cuz of the price- even with a coupon, it would've been more than I wanted to pay for it- whooooHOO!!! 25 bucks!!! I'm forever in your debt, Tanya!!!

I got home and got to work cleaning and decorating eggs and now I'm gonna rest for a bit- this gray weather is makin me SO DROWSY.

Still need to run out for some Easter basket grass and a fresh box of Franzia's best...

-k

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I'm definitely going to VivaLasVegasStamps when I go to Vegas- actually, just wanting to go to the store is making me want to plan a trip to Vegas! But New Orleans is still really calling my name. Liquor and lap dances in a dirty town or liquor and rubber stamps in a sparkly gambly town? Hmmm.

-kory

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• designguyKORY Said:
DANGIT, ChockLit DEE!!!

-kory

Forget dh, we will rent a limo!!!!!!!! Plus he works nights. You are always welcome Kory. I think between Lesley and me, we will make sure you have such a good time that you won't go back to OKC nor will you consider moving to Australia.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to scrappnmom2il

Oh Kory, I soooo enjoyed finally getting to meet you and ChocolateAxel!!! You guys are so much fun!! BTW, you missed a fantastic lunch/conversation. Loved it Miss D!

So, how do I post the pic of us in here???

I posted it in my gallery ... and it'll be on my blog on Monday.

Thanks again!! Can't wait to do it again!

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010
In response to tanyaham

Well while you guys were out digging, I was shopping as well!

I found some amazing deals! I bought card stock by the pound! and 1.25 a pound at that! I spent 5.51 on a couple of months worth of card stock!
Thats right be jealous!

Got some other amazing deals with that and at Js with coupons! I will be posting pics later after dinner and I will be posting a blog post about it later as well!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Scrap Princess72010

You gotta check the box to 'allow embedding!'

I just saved it to my computer!

Do I have y'alls permission to post it on my blog? I've gotta write about my attempt with the letterpress! I'm gonna try it out as soon as I finish making Easter baskets! lol

-k

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D

Just sold one of my necklaces and was able to pick up a new point and shot. My old one is so on its last leg.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Stephanie D

Absolutely!! I was going to post it on mine on Monday! Hope it works like you want it to!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics