Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
bj074
bj074 
Tenant
bj074
  • bj074 on 03-15-13 06:30 PM
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Thanks!, I just left Michaels and Joanne's. I got two new cart, a pack of paper from MS and I got a new fiskars template!!! I think im over budget but I am very happy!!!

bj074
bj074 
Tenant
bj074
  • bj074 on 03-15-13 06:34 PM
In response to Henri Jean

Im feeling the love in this room!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

I had a general idea where Tecumseh was but just looked it up, it's 52 miles from my house.
Jarvae, the class was really fun, we made 4 mini houses using the Tim Holtz die. It cuts 4 different size houses, and basically they are all 4 different shapes although 2 of them look a lot alike just one isn't as wide or tall as the other. But Lisa always makes the classes fun, and there was a newcomer there, at least I hadn't met her and Maura said she was new, and she was an absolute hoot! She had me cracked up, and when we were all getting ready to leave she said it had been nice meeting me, and the lady that had been sitting next to me said "whaaa?? I thought y'all had known each other forever the way you were talking and acting, lol!" I guess kindred spirits always find each other, kind of like in here! Anyway, I sure am glad it was such a fun class, considering the week it has been and what I came home to!

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to chocolateaxel

bj-there are some really nice folks on this thread. I lurked for a while and then popped in because I was just laughing so hard I HAD to say something and everybody was so nice and friendly.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to gin1902

Darla! How are you doing? Sounds like you had a really good time and you sure needed it!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Yeah, Tanya. It probably would be closer for ya'll to go to Shawnee. I know there are several restaurants there. Man, I wish I could come! Ya'll are going to have too much fun!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to flintridgescrapper

Ya'll know you're going to have to take tons of pictures to post on here!

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to flintridgescrapper

I totally agree, Judy. I want not only pictures of everybody, but shots of the aftermath..... 'cause you know they're going to get giggly. All kinds of giggly.....

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

I am okay, just exhausted and totally fried! And in the grand scheme of things, the fun of this whole water damage hasn't even begun. Once the insurance pays up and we (meaning I since hubs won't be here to help) decide who to use for the repairs and what flooring to go back with, then I have to figure out how to be in 2 places at once. It's going to be really hard to be here while the repairs are going on and at work as well. So that is just adding to my stress of the moment. I know I shouldn't cross that bridge until I get to it, but I like to know ahead of time how things are going to work, and I haven't found a solution to this particular problem yet.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902

I'm ALWAYS better when I have a plan figured out, I know what you mean. On the good side, maybe?, if there's flooring you always wanted, now might be the time to get it? Do you have a trusted neighbor or friend who can watch over the flooring folks? Can you take a sick day? Schedule the floorers for a Saturday or regular day off?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-15-13 06:53 PM
In response to gin1902

Darla I know a lot of the flooring companies work on Saturdays because a lot of people have the same issue. My in-laws got hardwood flooring put in their living room and on their stairs. They said the crew came- it was a few guys, not sure how many. They moved all the furniture out, covered everything else in plastic and taped everything off, installed the floors, and had all the furniture back all in less than a day. They were super fast, and that was hardwood flooring. So hopefully you can find someone who can get it done super fast for you as well so as not to intrude on your scrappy-err I mean work time.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

We have been wanting to get rid of the nasty azz carpet for awhile and put down a good wood or bamboo laminate, but this sure isn't how I wanted to get it. And it isn't just the flooring, at least 2 and maybe 3 walls are going to have to be taken down to the studs and redone with new sheetrock, so we aren't looking at a 1 or 2 day project here. Unfortunately, the only neighbors I know well enough and trust work the same hours and days as I do. I don't know if the contractors and flooring people up here even work on Saturdays, seems nobody else does, and I am only off Saturday and Sunday. My new boss would probably be nice about letting me off for the repairs, but it comes out of my vacation time, and then I have no time to go see the hubs. I'm sure it will all work out somehow, things have a way of doing that, but until I see a solution it will wear on me.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to Vae

Jarvae, it occurs to me if we can meet up next month somehow, we'll need a way to recognize each other. If I wear the steamish jacket and welder's goggles from my avatar and you wear the mask in yours we'll know each other. Unless we're getting together at a Steampunk festival. And then we'd just blend in. Am I the only one who see's a potential problem here?

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Oh, Darla. Sounds like a big job ahead of you. Hopefully, you'll find a good solution!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Thanks for the laugh, Jarvae, I needed that!! Get it done on a Saturday and do a really fast efficient job!! LMAO!! Did you forget where I live? I have been here 7 years, and no offense to the natives here, but as a general rule I have yet to find anything that gets done fast, much less efficiently, and definitely not on a Saturday. To ask someone if they can schedule something for Saturday, you usually get a look like you just asked them to bit€hslap their mama.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to gin1902

Ugh, Darla, I had no idea you were going to have to rip out the sheetrock. Is it interior walls or will you have to take out the insulation too? I agree, not the way you want to have to replace a carpet! I am SO sorry for you!

My dad's place got flooded like that from a lake-they had fish, FISH in the house and mud and everything. They had to cut out all of the walls about 2 feet up, it was awful. Okay, sorry, prolly not helping here. But at least you don't have fish flopping around.

I wish you could get some sort of emergency time off rather than having to take vacation time. I'm SO SORRY!

gin1902
Diva
gin1902

• chocolateaxel Said:
To ask someone if they can schedule something for Saturday, you usually get a look like you just asked them to bit€hslap their mama.

!!!!! Here too. That's why we're such do it ourselfers. I'd love to send our roofer/sider outfit your way. They're awesome and trustworthy, but you're not in Utah, Montana, Colorado and Idaho. I don't think they go as far east as you.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

It is interior walls, I recounted in my head (not easy because it's very crowded in there right now) and I think it will be 5 walls, 3 of them probably only about 2-3 feet up from the floor, the other 2 will have to be replaced floor to ceiling. Luckily, if anything can be lucky in this mess, they are all interior walls.
I don't think there's any such thing as emergency time anymore, at least I know there isn't where I work. All our time off goes in the same pot, there isn't anymore sick days or vacation days, it's all classified Paid Time Off, so we can have more control how we use the time we're earning. But that doesn't mean we get any more time than we had before they started lumping it all into PTO, I think they just hope we feel like we've been thrown a bone, lol.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Bummer! If it wouldn't cost 2 arms and a leg, I'd bring in crews from Texas to get the work done, they work 7 days a week if necessary, and don't act like a crime has been committed when you ask them. I would love to use your guys, but I'm sure they wouldn't be happy about getting sent here either!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics