Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-15-13 07:17 PM
In response to gin1902

If you ask me, insurance should pay your salary while you stay home to watch the workers. There ya go... then you can scrap while they work hehe! Just kidding, I know that royally sucks. Does Tanya live near you? I seem to recall maybe a year or so ago that she was having to have some work done on her deck or something and she found some really great contractors. I remember, she was at her wit's end because other contractors kept blowing them off and then her miracle came. I am just gonna keep my fingers crossed that you'll have a miracle too

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-15-13 07:22 PM
In response to Vae

LOL Gin I'll have to think on that one. With all the steampunk rockin peeps in SLC we don't want to take a chance of blending in. Gawd how I hate to blend in anyway

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

I wish it worked that way! We need insurance reforms!! Lol!
I don't know how far exactly Tanya and I live from each other, my guess is maybe 40 miles, give or take. I don't know what kind of workmen she used, if they only do spa/concrete work or if they are general contractors. They might come this far north, just depends on if they are out of OKC or Norman or where.
I'm heading to bed now, y'all, lots more to do tomorrow.
Catch y'all later......

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to chocolateaxel

They'll be here sometime next week-possibly even Monday. I could ask them, but they're usually about 2 months out they're so busy.

Ugh, 5 walls!!!!! I guess if they're not load bearing and you've always wanted to remodel.....???

I'm so sorry you have to do all this alone~I know how that goes, sometimes it's easy as pie and other times you just want the huz.

We just got a letter from Dennis's work saying they were lessening the insurance coverage and retirement stuff and acted like they were still just so awesome! Made me sick, 'cause you know they probably really believe it. Dang, why am I not independently wealthy! Why!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-15-13 07:29 PM
In response to chocolateaxel

Tanya, I got your PM! I'll send my # real quick.

BJ, welcome!

So we went to test drive another SUV today, and we have FINALLY decided what we are going to get. However, they wouldn't negotiate on the price so we left without a car. Hubs thinks they will call tomorrow to ask if we are still interested, and meanwhile he's checking around to see who else has the same car. I am excited. It's really hard to find the combination of features we want. We don't want leather seats or a moonroof. But the cars that have all the other stuff we want (like dual climate control) all come with leather and moonroofs. But this one doesn't. And it had great seats and a headrest that doesn't force your head forward. I wish we had bought tonight, but I'm so glad we have at least settled on the make and model. Now to find it at the right price/color.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
LOL Gin I'll have to think on that one. With all the steampunk rockin peeps in SLC we don't want to take a chance of blending in. Gawd how I hate to blend in anyway

Hello! You are the mask queen! Very cool! So, I'll just look for some woman in an awesome mask and you look for some woman in welders goggles. Golly, I feel so inadequate.....LOL

G'Night Darla! I'd say things will look better in the morning, but not only am I a glass half empty kind of gal, the glass is dirty, chipped, leaks and I'm just keeping it for sentimental reasons. But if you can get some rest, real rest, you can deal with it better.

I'm calling it a night too~so nice chatting.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to gin1902

Awesome on the SUV! I'm so glad you've finally found what you want and I bet they call you tomorrow too!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to gin1902

Wow so much on here! I have to make this really quick though because I have to catch a train in an hour or so.

Hi BJ!

Oh yes I'm sure Tim Holtz would want to come to the German Academy of Science to hear all about my crystals.

Speaking of crystals...

I know there was a question about what I do so I'll try to summarize. I work in a lab where I try to grow protein crystals. They are all sizes/shapes but right now the promising ones are little rods. They are wicked tiny but big enough to harvest. They grow at RT and then we freeze them in liquid nitrogen so the x-ray doesn't melt them. It's really cool. Get it? 'Cause liquid nitrogen is so cold.

So I have a 12 hour train ride I need to leave for in an hour, then I will be in Berlin for the next week with VERY limited internet. I spent most of yesterday trying to get the plan straightened out and get everything at work taken care of because when I return I have another 7 1/2 hour train ride to Hamburg for work. So I'll be traveling quite a lot. Hopefully everything goes well, if I have internet tonight I may pop on to share my travel story!

Have a great weekend everyone!

-Stephanie

Edited by SJB1120 on 03-15-13 11:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to SJB1120

Gosh Darla you are having it rough, hope all gets sorted soon

Gin not ignoring you we are busy at work but yes the postcards sound good am in the process of getting the hubby and the *hopefully* son-in-law to pick up leaflets etc on castles over England.. the pile is growing shouldn't be long before I go to the post office but I'll let you know .xx

Regards to everyone else Have a good weekend, its Saturday morning here and I'm STILL working, this is not a happy face I'll tell you xxx

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Besneys

good morning - I feel blech but the Moose is planning an outing - soI will be a good wifey and attempt a small outing

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Darla, last time I did new flooring, I got all of mine from H & M carpet there in Guthrie. It's an older gentleman and his wife. His price beat everywhere I looked in OKC. He does the installation himself and he's very picky. I just left him in my house and it was done when I got home from work.

I don't know if he'd do weekend install if you want to be there. I didn't want to be here, and felt comfortable leaving him here. His prices were great. I checked around a lot and even had some connections from a builder we were using at work. His prices were better. I wanted hard woods everywhere and he talked me into a really good quality laminate as well as putting carpet somewhere (do to dust particles/ allergens in air needing a place to settle to keep allergies in check). He was right on everything he said. Wouldnt hurt to check with them. He may know a good contractor that could help you with the walls too.

He's on division not far off 35. So should be pretty close to you.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to SherylEb

What does GASC mean? I see folks talking about a gasc get together... just wondering. I am participating in some challenges this weekend for another site that I belong to. YUCK... on all the home repair and car buying. I don't know how anyone can enjoy those things... major icky chores in my book. It is spring break for me this coming week. Yippee.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
TERRI!!! AND EVERYONE ELSE WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE....

now that I have your attention...

Tim Holtz will be at GASC this June.

I was already planning on attending but now nothing will stop me!!!!!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to terrihooper

OMG ! That is exciting news ! I love to watch him work !!!

Suzanne
http://www.facebook.com/groups/33991227611593 4/

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to sfuentez

Darla- I hope things look better for you today and you got a good night's sleep! I would come do you sheet rock work if you lived closer to me-- I am really good at it!

Tanya- I hope you guys have fun with your friends! I am not sure I could be so nice after the "betrayal".

Tammy- let us know how the outing went-- I hope you got to feeling better so you could enjoy it!

HI to BJ

Henri- how cool that you are going to meet up with these folks! PICS please!

Gin- How are you today?

Chris- How are you and Juanie holding up?

Kory- How'd it go last night?

Pink- it is "Great American Scrapbook Convention" and the one in June is in Arlington, Texas.

I will be back to check in later. My son is here with his girl and I some swap stuff to make--

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

OH- I got a book of watercolor paper to use for my art journal! I have been looking at what I wanted to use and I didn't realize they are pretty expensive! I wanted paper heavy enough for mixed media and would work well with various sprays. In reading about it all, I read that heavy weight water color paper is best for what I want-- the paper in this book isn't quit as heavy as I wanted, but it is good enough and it was less that 6 dollars. I got it at walmart!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Jarvae, love the new pic. At first I thought we had a new person in our group.

And I suppose we do. Hi BJ.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

Good morning, y'all, hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Long story, I won't go into all the drama, but the insurance adjuster came this morning and at least we have that part of this whole mess taken care of. Now the real fun begins. Not! If I weren't working full time, I would actually appreciate this opportunity to do some stuff around here since the furniture and stuff will be out, but I just don't have the time I used to when I was part-time, and I don't have the energy or stamina I had before I got so ill and had the surgery last year. Eh, I'll figure something out. I know everything works out one way or another, but I sure don't like the process before it's all done.
Ms Sheryl, thanks for the info about the flooring company in Guthrie, I will definitely check them out. I've been looking and pricing flooring online with several places, but I'll see if they can beat the prices elsewhere.
Terri, come on up! I'll house & feed you and you can do my sheetrock while I'm at work and we can scrap in the evenings, sounds like a plan to me, lol! I barely got any sleep last night, unfortunately. First, hubs was so tired he fell asleep the instant he hit the bed, and was snoring like a buzz saw, and my mind was running a million mph trying to come up with a plan or plans for getting this all done as quickly and painlessly as possible. I finally got up and moved to the little bed in my scraproom, watched some tv to try to tranquilize my mind, and finally fell asleep.
Ok, y'all, I've got a million things to get done today while hubs is here to help, but I'll check in whenever I get the chance......

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SherylEb

our outing was just walking down into town (the weather was ******** but the sun has come out). We did a bit of shopping - a red nose day Marilyn Monroe shirt for one of my girlies back home, then some clothes for Ian and we had nice coffee break and got some meat and sat in the square for awhile whilst having some lunch. Then we walked back up the mountain foothill we live on. Now I have laundry going after a cup of tea and we are trying to make plans for going home.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Hi - sorry to be MIA last night but we stayed at my mom 's in the country in Alabama and the Internet has not been discovered there. Our cell phones are pretty useless there too.

The most recent news... We will be in Tecumseh tonight or in the morning. The guy we were yo meet will not be there so we will be picking up the plates from his mother but they have not set up a meeting time or place in Tecumseh yet.

I can meet for lunch then in Tecumseh or we will be on I-40 all the way through Oklahoma City so somewhere else may be better for anyone who has time.

Tanya - I will pm my cell number to you - please give it to Darla, Sheryl, Harvard, Kory, Manda or anyone else around there who wants it

Why don't ya'll (sorty, I'm southern) pick the most convenient place on I-40 for lunch but we need some flexibility with the time. The plates should be ready to just pick up but could take longer if he has to go through boxes.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics