Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

Where is NM Lady? I'm on my cell so it's hard to try to find anyone.

NM LADY - WHERE YOU? We will be in Alburguerque on Monday!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

OK, whoever wants to meet for lunch tomorrow, let us know! I talked to Darla and she's out. Poor thing, I've been thinking about her so much! Hope she's getting some rest!

I've sent feelers to Kory and Sheryl ... Jarvae said she'd let us know too ...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

Thanks for taking charge Tanya! You are awesome!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Going through Vicksburg Mississippi. Hopefully we will find an antique mall soon. We aren't ready for lunch but walking around an antique mall would be good.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Just crossed into Louisiana. Saw sign - antique mall in 42 miles. We will stop there if we don't see one sooner.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

travel safe my dear friend.

Darla - hugs to get you through the day - it is all I can do from this far away.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902

Walking around an antique mall is ALWAYS good! So envious of you right now Henri!

It was me Stephanie! So what, other than benevolent world domination, do you hope for your crystals in future? Are they going to be edible protein like to add to foods? Or do you mean protein in amino acids to do something else with? Is that even a real question? LOL! Curious about what you do, but not sure what or how to ask! Do enjoy your very long train rides though.

Hi Anne-no worries at all. A "hopeful" son-in-law??? Just a head's up about the brochures-first, thank you in advance and second, my postmistress suggested not sealing the envelope when sending over seas until you're at the post office and have filled out the customs form. I don't know how it is for you over there, but my post office wanted to know exactly how many brochures I sent you! And of course I didn't count them, so I said, "a bunch." And apparently "bunch" is not a real number.

Hi Terry! *waving* Good today, and I agree COMPLETELY with you-I want to see a pic of everybody who's able to get together too! Ooo, watercolor paper is dreamy!!! I love it for all kinds of things. It's got such a nice feel to it.

Darla, I know you're crazyawfulsoakingwet busy and I'm so sorry! So glad your husband is there for a little while.

Tammy, what on earth is a "a red nose day Marilyn Monroe shirt"?????

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to gin1902

it is a t-shirt with an iconic photo of MM and she has a big red nose and funny glasses. Red Nose day here is a special day for comic relief for children's charities - it was on Friday. This year Stella McCartney designed the t-shirts. There was one even of the beatles with red noses and a few uk celebs I didn't know. My sweetie girl katie rose loves MM and so I got her one -she thinks she is paying me for it when I get back to Canada in May but it is just a little giftie to her from her 2nd momma!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Next exit - 1 mile - 40 antique stores!

Besneys
Guru
Besneys

Hi gin..hes the lovely man my daughter has been seeing for ages and hopeful...cos our other daughter got married in Jamaica so I would like another trip there..

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to Besneys

I'd never heard of that Tammy-that's so cool! And how nice for the charities. Have you ever been to Lunenburg, Nova Scotia? Or is that rather like folks in other countries hearing someone in America is in Utah and having a cousin's friend's neighbor's sister's uncle Frank there and asking if they've met him? I'd really like to go there someday.

Jamaica? Anne, what was it like there? What did you like the best? The least? Bet it was a very fun place for a wedding!

Henri-I'm so jealous!!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Hey, y'all, hope everyone is enjoying the weekend! I have been working like a horse and it's hotter than blue blazes here, so I can say not a fun day. Y'all know how much I detest warm weather so I am not a happy camper at the change in the temp today. A cool front is supposed to come thru tonight or in the morning, so hopefully tomorrow will be better.
The good news is that my living room and hallway are now clear of knick knacks, geegaws and stuff, the only stuff left is the furniture, and of course that will stay in place until the workmen come in. And I have finished 3 loads of laundry. And I am one tired chick! Tomorrow the most I may do is move from the bed to the couch, period.
Wish I could join the group meeting up with Henri Jean tomorrow, but I know y'all understand. But I want to hear all about it and see pics, lots of pics!

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to chocolateaxel

Hi Darla! Sounds like you deserve some quality resting time tomorrow! I hate the heat too, and trying to get stuff done in it is twice as hard. I'm windy and lots cooler so I have to think that's what's headed your way.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to gin1902

You wouldn't like Jamaica then gin, its hot hot hot I loved swimming with the dolphins and climbing Dunn River falls waterfall and sitting on the beach watching the sunsets and ...and ... and... how long have you got.
What did I not like , the 10 hr flight thats all though.
The people are so friendly.
A x

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Yeah, my hubs the amateur weatherman just told me tomorrow is going to be windy and cooler. So Henri Jean will get to experience some Oklahoma wind, lol.
There's few more small things I want to get done while hubs is here to help, but basically I am done, so done, and done in! In a little while I'm going to go on and have a looooooong soak in the tub, probably with my book and a glass of wine, then do nothing non-essential for the rest of the weekend.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to chocolateaxel

I'm about done for the day too-I've been priming and painting all the window and door trim on the garage just in case the siders show up on Monday-and fingers tightly crossed that they do. I'm thinking getting up and down a ladder 8,000 times and moving it over a foot or two surely counts as some sort of exercise! And my poor arms are killing me. At least the wind didn't blow over my paint buckets or me off the ladder. Hate painting in the wind. But I'm glad to do it before the siding is up rather than after-so much easier.

I'm with you-a nice long soak in the tub. Well, not "with" you, with you~ you in yours and me in mine-LOL I've got an old iron clawfoot one that's so comfortable. And it really retains the heat-you're in there so much longer than you realize. What are you reading?

You're right Anne, I would be miserable, but it sure sounds pretty. It'd be worth the constant heat stroke to see pretty islands and I have heard the folks there are wonderful. Maybe they have a less hot time of year? It was perishing hot in Mexico when I went ages ago, but everything was so interesting and fun that I didn't care so much. I'll look up the Dunn River falls! Wow-that looks like so much fun Anne!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to gin1902

oh my gosh Gin - are you kidding me - YES!!! I have been to Lunenburg and yes it is the same asking the whole cousin story! But still, my Momma was actually born not far from there. It is beautiful there - I have not scrapped those photos yet but when I was living there for 6 months, a job contract, my daughter came down to visit and we went for the day. So pretty!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to gin1902

A gorgeous pair of American Fostoria candlesticks, two American Fostoria rose bowls and 4 chick Filet chicken strips later...

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to Ladybing Tammy

NO WAY, Tammy!!! That's too weirdcool!!! I've been watching this show, Haven. It's a series and it's filmed in Lunenburg and I'm just glued to the town and the scenery and houses and the beaches and I so want to go!!! You'll have to give me a heads up to peek at your gallery when you do scrap them. Is it a nice town? It sure looks like one, but of course you can't really tell from a tv show. That's where I'm headed if I ever have to leave the country quickly or end up in witness protection. Or a vacation. Whichever.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

I have pages and pages to catch up on, but in case you were worried that I was stuck under a huge pile of paperwork and glitter, I've managed to re-surface.

We'll have a house full of people tonight for corned beef and cabbage, plus a crockpot full of sausage and cabbage for those who don't like corned beef...plus a veggie pizza for a veggie granddaughter. I've got some St. Pat games planned and some special St. Pat cards ready for one of our rowdy games of Scattergories. I know...it shouldn't be rowdy, but with our group....

I need to start getting snacks ready, but wanted to see what all you were up to. Just skimming to get to the end, it sounds like Darla is having a week she'd like to forget. So sorry for the mess you're facing, on top of the other worries you've had. A man at church just faced the same water issues, so each week I keep up with his work in getting back to normal. He is a widower in his 90s and some of the things damaged were things that had been special to his wife, so that hurts. He's finally about at the end of his water experience, so I know there will eventually be an end for you also, Darla. Thots and prayers for you...

Jarvae, I think your hubby settled on a car finally right? I'll go back and read everything eventually, but I thought I saw SUV somewhere.

Henri, I think I saw a Louisiana sign go by in one of your postings, so you must be on the road. Hopefully we'll be on our way soon towards Tahoe and Oregon.

Rosey and some others are visiting family and friends, I think, so hope everyone enjoys their visits.

Hi to everyone else and time for me to get busy again~Judy

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics