Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to mrsdriver5

Hi Judy! Good to see you.

Gin - it is a lovely town and the people are friendly but that is a NS thing - there is no such thing as not a nice town there! Lunenburg is where the Bluenose is docked most of the time - a once famous clipper ship (well this is the Bluenose II which is featured on the 10 cent piece (called a dime) in Canadian money!

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to Ladybing Tammy

"but in case you were worried that I was stuck under a huge pile of paperwork and glitter, I've managed to re-surface." Well, I think everybody thought you were just enjoying yourself there..... LOL Judy! Sounds like you're having QUITE the get-together!!!

Our 10 cent piece is called a dime here too-we've got 1 cent pennies, 5 cent nickels, 10 cent dimes, 25 cent quarters, 50 cent fifty cent pieces (not used much at all) and then dollars-mostly bills, but a few dollar coins. What are your other coins?

I don't recall seeing the Bluenose II in the background of the show, but I looked it up online. I love tall ships, wooden ships. Dennis and I were married on the Lady Washington before she became a movie star. She's in a Star Trek movie, the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Blackbeard and she's Hook's ship in the Once Upon A Time series. Ships are so awesome and yes, I'm in the middle of a desert-LOL

When Haven comes back on, I'll keep my eyes peeled for the Bluenose II.

Awesome finds Henri!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Just passed the Texas welcome sign.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Henri Jean

in canada the coins are the same - but there are dollar coins (no bills) which have a loon on one side so are called loonies and there are now 2 dollar coins (no bills) that are called twonies (but they are 2 different colours and have a polar bear in the middle I think).

In the uK, we have one pence, 2 pences, 5 pence, 10 pences, 25 pence, 50 pence, 1 pound and 2 pound coins (no notes until 5 pounds).

gin1902
Diva
gin1902

What are quids? Are those money? How many pounds in a Euro? Are Euro's coin or paper?

"Twonies"~that's cool. Not many animals on coins here-other than the bald eagles. We had a series of quarters a while back that had a different one from each state. Like Kentucky had a horse, Maine has a lighthouse, Indiana has a racecar. Colorado's was really cool with mountains and Utah's had the golden spike with 2 trains meeting. Otherwise, our money is pretty plain. They've done some security measures that look kind of neat, but I think everybody else's paper money is much more colorful.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to gin1902

We have buffalo nickels!

Will be in Tecumseh about 10:00 tonight and will get a room.

Bill said lunch tomorrow would be best anywhere on I-40 where it is convenient.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

NM LADY - still looking for you!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Where you will you be heading next after Tecumseh, Henri? Coming THRU OKC on I-40? If so, we can meet in Bricktown, which is just off I-40. Our downtown area with lots of restaurants!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to tanyaham

We ran some errands today, and heard from our friends that they would be over, but not until late because of their daughter's softball tourny. Really looking forward to a fun night!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

Yes Tanya - we are 190 miles from Tecumseh and will stay there tonight.

Tomorrow we will be traveling on I-40 all the way to Las Vegas. Bill said 11:00 or 11;30 lunch would be good so we can get in a lot of driving after that.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

• Henri Jean Said:
Where is NM Lady? I'm on my cell so it's hard to try to find anyone.

NM LADY - WHERE YOU? We will be in Alburguerque on Monday!

Henri, I live in southern NM, several hours away from ABQ

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to NMlady

YAY!!! Henri, if you guys come toward OKC on I-40, as you come into the downtown area, you'll see signs for Bricktown, Downtown and Bass Pro Shop. There's a Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill that opens at 11am there, free parking and easy to find. How does that sound? And for anyone else who wants to show up!!!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to tanyaham

Help... I am convinced I NEED the Martha S. fringe cutting scissors. Any of you have them? Do I NEED them? Or will my coveting them pass?

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
in canada the coins are the same - but there are dollar coins (no bills) which have a loon on one side so are called loonies and there are now 2 dollar coins (no bills) that are called twonies (but they are 2 different colours and have a polar bear in the middle I think).

In the uK, we have one pence, 2 pences, 5 pence, 10 pences, 25 pence, 50 pence, 1 pound and 2 pound coins (no notes until 5 pounds).

And Tammy, we will no longer have the penny....they are not making them anymore and are phasing them out!

Alison

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Oh em gee, Gin! There has been precious little to laugh at this week, but your tub comment just cracked me up! Maybe it's because I'm about 3 steps beyond exhausted, but it really struck me funny. I know you're awesome, but I bathe alone! LOL!!
Jarvae, any luck finding the vehicle for da hubs? I know you will be so glad when that chore is over and done!
Ms Judy, you just having way too much fun out there! I think I can hear your game night all the way to Oklahoma, lol!
I had to miss Demo Day today Korybean, did you drag yourself out to go? My friend Becky went, she texted me pics of all the class examples, and I had her sign me up for a class in late April. Surely by then all this mess around here will be done and my life will be somewhat back to normal. I have a class next Sunday, signed up for it last month, so that will hopefully be a nice diversion in the midst of my present chaos.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to chocolateaxel

Sounds like a perfect choice! Can't wait to meet you and anyone else in the area who are free.

Don't know what I'm wearing yet but will let you know.

We are on I-40 now. We will find a hotel and get me settled and then Bill will meet to go through license plates. The guy is not available tomorrow and Bill wants to go through what he is buying.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902

Hey, I'm not sharing my clawfoot with anybody even though I think you're awesome too!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-16-13 06:17 PM

LOL Gin...tub... too funny!

I just got home. I am so exhausted I can barely sit up but I had to let you guys know... we FINALLY got a car today. It's a Nissan Murano AWD V6. It has all the options we wanted but without a moonroof, which is hard to find. We really can't have a moon roof because we will use this for tornado chasing and moon roofs and hail/tornadoes are not a good mix. So we are very happy. It's a dark silver graphite kind of color with black leather interior. It has some fun bells and whistles. I'm just happy it's finally done.

I also got my hair done. New girl. She was okay... I'm not 100% sure about the color but I'll wash it and see how it looks tomorrow.

I'm not positive if we can make it up there tomorrow. I am going to really try but we have some issues going on with the house being built and Rob needs to go mark some things down and take pictures so we can get them to fix it. I'm not sure how long that will take. If we can get on the road in time that will get us there by 11 or 11:30 we will be there. Tanya, I will text you.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Congrats on the new car, Jarvae!! Success at last! I know you are one happy camper now.
Gin, that is pretty stingy of you! If I had a big old clawfoot tub I would at least think about sharing, but not you, oh no, you're not sharing! LOL!
Korybean, Ms Tanya, Ms Sheryl, I gots more gossip about she who shall remain nameless! In all the drama over this leak business, I totally forgot that I was holding out on y'all with the info, lol.
Anybody meeting up with Henri Jean tomorrow, y'all have enough fun for me too, and I want to know everything that happens, and pics to prove it!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

Forgot to add, Jarvae, when y'all get up here storm chasing, if you don't let me know so we can meet up you will be in big troubles, missy!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics