Page 4 of 501 
Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
Seems there always has to be a few " Debby Downers" in every bunch!
Keep on keeping on, Kory!
BTW, for those who haven't joined yet, head over to his blog where he is equally entertaining!!

THIS!

If anyone hasnt had a moment to read his hilarious blog (and obviously a few haven't...) head on over. Its a read...my favorite saying now is "Scrap Crack"....

Its called lighthearted humor.....enjoy it, embrace it....

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to designguyKORY

Wouldn't that be great?!? I think I'll cash out my retirement and then spend my golden years traveling from one scrapper's house to another, sharing my goodies and enjoying their hospitality. All my social security will be spent on gas to get from place to place

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

• designguyKORY Said:
Hahahahaha,

I thank you!

You make being in the poorhouse sound so fun! See the country and scrap! lol

-kory

I will happily share my Ramen noodles and Mac-n-Cheese from a box with a down-and-out scrapper!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to ScrappyMama6

I happen to LOVE Ramen noodles. And those more 'upscale' ramenesque noodles, oh what're the called? I forget. And they're 'upscale' cuz they cost fifty cents more. lol

When I was young and just starting out in the world, if my roommate and I weren't 'dating for dinner,' we'd cook the cheapest dinners in the world. One night, just to take it to the extreme, we heated a can of corn over candle. Awww, I remember the penniless days so fondly. And no matter what- no matter how poor I was, I was always happy back in those days!

-kory

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

• designguyKORY Said:
I happen to LOVE Ramen noodles. And those more 'upscale' ramenesque noodles, oh what're the called? I forget. And they're 'upscale' cuz they cost fifty cents more. lol

When I was young and just starting out in the world, if my roommate and I weren't 'dating for dinner,' we'd cook the cheapest dinners in the world. One night, just to take it to the extreme, we heated a can of corn over candle. Awww, I remember the penniless days so fondly. And no matter what- no matter how poor I was, I was always happy back in those days!

-kory

Well, when they come in that awesome styrofoam cup....thus making "Cup-o-noodles"...thats fancy shite right there.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to ScrappyMama6

Ah.... Good reading here! Love you guys.

Edited by Seaexplore on 03-05-12 08:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Seaexplore

Agreed, Tiff. Can someone pass the popcorn?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ChansGram

Put my name on the list - we've got a tiny guesthouse (one room - like a little hotel room but private with its own bath) - the front door of the guest house goes to the driveway and the opposite french doors open to the pool.

Kory you are welcome to it when you are on your homeless route and travelling through Florida.

Maybe we should work out a schedule for Kory so he will know who gets him when.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

I had a roomate, Paula. We were best friends in kindergarten when I was 5 and she was 4 1/2 and we are best friends today - and we are both 62.

We were so broke when we got our first apartment. The deal was - which ever one of us had to date had to eat light and get a nice doggy bag for the other one. So when I had a date she got something decent for dinner and when she had a date I got nice leftovers. If we both had dates - we really ate well.

Some days our food budget was 15 cents which bought a can of spinach or a can of stewed tomatoes. But we were always able to scrape together the money for a donut with white stuff inside and chocolate, whipped cream and a cherry on top. Those were 15 cents.

We had a big bowl for a centerpiece full of take out packets of ketchup, mustard and other condiments so we never had to buy them.

Sometimes if someone asked one of us out on a date to a movie or something else that cost something we'd say, "If you will buy me a bag of groceries instead I'll cook them for you. Then we ate REALLY at well. On guy bought me a dozen steaks and a bag of potatoes. He didn't mind if Paula stuck around for dinner so we had steak and potatoes. What a nice change from a can of spinach.

What memories!

Surviving the lean years and having to be imaginative and struggle a bit - its such a good feeling to make it. I wouldn't trade my struggling years in my first apartment for anything.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

It won't be my place anytime soon. I'm STILL waiting for that glorious thing I've only heard of but have yet to experience....the Empty Nest.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Luvmyfam

Kory, our doors are always open when you go on your journey through Illinois. We always have Raman noodles and cans of Black Beans.

PDRNC
PDRNC 
Idol
PDRNC
  • PDRNC on 03-06-12 05:27 AM
In response to scrappnmom2il

I get dibs on Henri's guest house! LOL.

Heading to Ms today to finish buying platforms, extensions, foam/silicone/rubber pads so I can start Kicking. My BK has been sitting in its box and my nesties are crying for me to open them.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Sassie

• Sassie Said:
oh which templates did you pick up? Im actually template & mask shopping here now :P

Sorry Sassie! just saw this!

I got 3 6x6 minis...bricks, rustic paint and wood grain and one 12x12 art is.

Can't wait to get these!

They are all Crafter's Workshop.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Manda_K

Got company coming in this weekend and then the guest house is empty! It's super tiny but very comfortable and has a queen-sized bed.

Do wish it was big enough for a kitchen area and a sitting area or living room, but its much smaller than that.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

Okay, I have quite the conundrum! I don't want to live in Florida but Henri's guesthouse sounds so nice and cozy, I want to live in it!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to chocolateaxel

I am loving my two templates! I need MORE! I really need the 'bricks' one! Right now, I just have clocks and the, oh, I forget what it's called. Kinda looks like biscuits. Not the kind you eat, but the kind you buy at Home Depot. And speaking of the woodworking kind of biscuits- they are cheap and adaptable to so many kinds of projects!! I need to go buy some and make up a few project ideas for my blog! I need to start advertising the fun-ness of the Home Depot Craft Store!

lol

kory

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

Ramen Noodles.....Check
Can of corn.......Check
A list of scrap stores to hit for bargains....Check

Having Kory over for the weekend and some time to scrap...Priceless.

Kory, keep it up and I'd love to have you in New York any time dear! Your posts keep me entertained all day long.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to GIGIGI30

Okay, I'll bite....what the heck is a woodworking biscuit?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Manda_K

Oh and I scoured the tubes for that stupid bricks template. I only wanted the mini one, not the 12x12 one...sold out everywhere but here, and then there was only one left! Yikes!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Manda_K

The biscuits are little thin almost oval looking pieces of wood that are used to join two pieces of wood together. A slot on each piece of wood, then usually a small amount of wood glue in the slot and then the biscuit joins the 2 pieces together.
that's from all my days watching HGTV!!

Page 4 of 501 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics