Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to designguyKORY

I had a spa day today! Had a beautiful pedicure and parafin wax treatment then went next door to the bar area for lunch (left my bag with the bell boy at the front door). After lunch went to claim my bad and it was down the highway in a limo somewhere - NOT HAPPY - my meds and my swimsuit and my shoes were in there cause I was wearing spa sandalas. Waited, they gave us tea and cookies and then it was back! They also comped both my friend and I a bottle of their expensive body lotion ( a big bottle). Then we went to the mineral water spa there and in the process somehow I scraped my feet and lost some of my polish but when you have a pedicure the new bottle of colour goes with you when you leave so I didn't want to wait around for another hour for them to fix it for me as I am zonked out! I can fix it myself but they did insist of smoothing it out for me to make it easier to apply!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Sounds like everyone had a good day!
I worked on a little "curb" appeal on our house-- we live WAY out in the country and can't see neighbor's homes so that is why curd is in quotes-- but still the front of the house needed some lovin and it was a beautiful day!
I also painted some- well I don't know what to call them but the hold 9 4x4 squares of wood you can alter and then put into the things I painted-- Boy I am rambling tonight and I haven't even had any wine!
I am making the things I painted for the 3 ladies coming to spend the weekend with me for NSBD. My intention is to have each lady do 4 squares about herself and then give each of us one. I am putting a pic of my house on one square and a scrapbooking quote on one so that leaves 3 for them to decorate as they want. We can glue them all in place and hang them on our walls as a reminder of our weekend together!
Video games-- remember SPace Invaders? That was my game! I STINK at video games but watch my son play WOW and Fable. He is very good and belongs to guilds where they log on and play together (WOW).
Kory-- I catch myself coaching him, too! FUnny thing that, as I STINK!
I am pretty good on vocals of Rock Band! LOL
that's enough blah blah blah from me for the night-- sleep tight all!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to terrihooper

NICE rambly post!!!

I likes it!

Pretty uneventful night except for the part when we all returned from da nightspots, there was some people sexing it up in front of my house.

I live on a dead end street in front of a park. Which seems to be an open invitation for car loads of strange people to pull up in front of my house to have their affairs. Which strikes me as weird. Whatever happened to cheap motel rooms? "aw baby, why spring for a room? dere's this part in a neighborhood with a deadened street, why don't we pull up in front of this house and have our good time, there won't be a car load of drunken people who'll pull up and surround our car, screaming WHOOOO YAHHHH GET IT GET IT OH I AM TAKIN PICS OF YOUR LICENSE TAG AND CALLIN THE PO-PO FRONT OF MY HOUSE AINT NO HO-HOUSE!

Well, that's kinda what happened. But I chased the car, screaming, 'I KNOW WHAT'S GOIN ON HERE!'

Darla. I might hafta host a crop. Cuz in addition to the crazed scrapping, we can also chase off unfortunate lovebirds who mistook the end of the road for a quiet spot for an assignation in the big city.

-k

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

WOW Kory!
You chased them?! Good for you!
I am just checking in while sipping my coffee then I am off to breakfast with DH and DS at Denny's, more curb appeal work and finish my things I was working on last night!
Have a great day everyone-- and Kory, I hope your hangover isn't too bad!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

I would love to scare them! But then I'm one to toilet paper w friends on someone's bday. Yeah, I'm not so grown up sometimes, but I have fun.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to SherylEb

Kory, why don't you put up a sign:

"NO XXX PARKING ALLOWED"

or just get some kind of siren device and/or a megaphone to scare them off so you don't have to leave the house.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Solitaire

That is so funny Kory! Yeah, I'd call the police on every one of them too.

The house Bill and I had before had an area where people got a little carried away and he called the police a couple times too!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Henri Jean

I just can't believe HOW many times a sneaky car pulls up to the end of the street and gets foggy windows. I just wish I understood the mindset they're in- this is a neighborhood park, it doesn't have a parking lot that you can pull into- there's a row of houses and across the street, the park. It is NOTICEABLE and suspicious when a strange car drives down the (again, DEAD END) street and sits there-

and because my truck was stolen that one rainy night while out in front of the house, I am very watchful of the activity outside-

It happens during the day, too- on days I've taken off work, I'll see a truck pull up, then a few minutes later a car will pull up and a guilty looking woman will hop out of the car and run to the truck. I should start a blog, where I post pics of the 'offenders.' Maybe call it, 'Ladies of OKC, check these pics to make sure your man isn't hooking up with skunks in front of Kory K's house.'

I HAVE thought of a sign, Solitaire, lol. And I do have a device- a laser pointer. One time, I angled myself in the kitchen window and shined it onto the steering wheel and dashboard- WHOA, you shoulda seen them take off!

It makes me so mad!
oh well,
I'm hungry and need food. I must go forage.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli

• designguyKORY Said:

I HAVE thought of a sign, Solitaire, lol. And I do have a device- a laser pointer. One time, I angled myself in the kitchen window and shined it onto the steering wheel and dashboard- WHOA, you shoulda seen them take off!

Totally something DH would do... he loves laser pointers.

I hurt my right thumb today on my dog's collar... opened up the skin along the side of the nail and you would not beleve how much that sucker hurts even 4.5 hrs later... It just throbs unless i use it then is shrieks in pain. I can not even type. I know the thumb is just for the space bar, and i have another thumb, but i always use my right one. I have to keep it angled away from the keyboard b/c i keep forgetting and type with it... grrr... Also it means i don't think i can scrapbook. I started a page last night but had to let some paint dry before putting it together... hope it is back to normal by saturday. I may have to scrap with the kids, but i am determined to be a part of NSBD or is it NSD (I have seen both, but like NSBD better.)

craftywithacricut
Tenant
craftywithacricut

Wow! Your weekends sound so exciting compared to mine! I did have my scrap by Skype yesterday, but it didn't last long enough! I did finish all my flowers for the swap though and even pulled out a few things for the hostess! It's so much fun when you can shop in your own stash! Today I am sitting by the pool watching the kiddos swim while catching up on some reading. The weather is absolutely beautiful here today which makes me want to be outside instead of inside creating something marvelous lol

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to craftywithacricut

Lol on the street lovers! And is OKC the paper/craft capital of the US? You guys have so many little shopping spots!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to LesleyC

We are very lucky to have these great shops!!

I swear, I never take it for granted! lol

HOWEVER, they are ALL closed on Sundays! This morning, I was regaining consciousness and daydreaming that I could call up one of the shop owners and say, 'Hey will you open your store up for me? I need to come in and pick up some things.'

It's like Chick-Fil-A- I only REALLY want it on Sundays, when I can't!

But I did pick up some really great lookin papers y'day at Paper Crown. I need to make something with it!

hmmm. let's see what I can come up with...

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Well I am sitting here siping my wine after a very busy day of more "curb" appeal work and finishing of the things I was working on yesterday-- I made the squares for the quotes-- I am pleased with how they turned out--
It has been a beautiful day-- I wish our pool was warm enough to swim but it isn't quite yet-- won't be long, though!
I just found out I am having another lady join us for the weekend-- YEAH! But now I have to go BACK to the STORE!!! I need one more of those things-- you know- the ones I don't know what to call them--I am still on my first glass, REALLY!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Kory, isn't your Ms or other craft stores open on Sundays?? Our LSS are closed on Sunday but the Ms is open....

NSBD is actually on my birthday (not telling how old )....so I would love to use the birthday excuse to just scrapbook all day (any other day and I would feel guilty)....how do you participate in the on-line stuff? Do you have to do anything special? Never done anything like this before.....

Alison

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to kiyawinn

Made another trip to the use books store. Just pick up a scrapbooking book a stamping book and a clay jewelry book. Plus a lot of books on coding for websites my skill there are so out of date.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

Good morning, y'all! I'm catching up today, was MIA yesterday, since wehaven't really spent any time together and we were both tired, hubs and I spent the entire day laying around and having a movie marathon. We watched FX channel all day, it was Super Hero Sunday, lol, had a good day even though I didn't get any scrappy goodness done.
I'm with you on the shops being closed on Sunday, Kory, think Maura would give us her number so if we get the urge we could call her to open just for us? LOL! I know M's is open, but I'm still on my M strike, can't force myself to shop there.
I'm back at work today, yuck! But one does what one must do
Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to kiyawinn

Yeah- Ms is always open on Sundays- but there's only so many things you can find there...

Ohhh please send me strength. Miss Huffnpuffsnstompsalot is on a high, today. She's bounding around the office like she's the Belle of the Ball today.... I can't take it.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Y'all crack me up!! I *love* the sign idea!

Kory, I would totally come to a crop at your place, but only if chasing the lovebirds was part of the deal. That would be CLASSIC!

I ended up doing NO shopping this weekend (except for groceries).

Enjoy your Monday, everyone!!

craftywithacricut
Tenant
craftywithacricut
In response to tanyaham

Happy Monday y'all! I'm really hoping this week flies by. I have a busy weekend planned, and I hope it includes some scrappy shopping. Lately all I've wanted to do is look for lace and trims - but I've got to actually do something with all the stash I've acquired. I started on altering a birdhouse, so as soon as I find a stand to put it on I can finish it up and add trim to it. At least it will be one more picture to put into my gallery (finally). I hope everyone has a great week!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to craftywithacricut

OH that birdhouse alteration sounds fabulous! Can't wait to see a pic!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics