Page 7 of 501 
Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to scrappnmom2il

You mean you have to watch for closings? Your kids don't sit one foot from the TV with their fingers and toes crossed, chanting PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE before the first snowflake hits the ground? Cuz that's how my brother and I handled it as kids!

-kory

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to designguyKORY

Oh no. I will watch for the school closings. Then I go wake them up, make them get ready for school and once they're ready I tell them we're going outside to play. They hate me at first, but they're used to it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I had hoped to have a good Kory day here in Florida, even if it wasn't Payday Friday and have not made it to one scrapbook store! Nada!

We are in Homestead and BIll leaves every morning to go work on clearing the 20 acrea lot the and his brother and sister bought to get it ready to sell.

He did take me out last night to a pizza place and on the way home we stopped at an Ulta which resulted in 2 new pairs of sunglasses, a flower for my hair the next time we are in Hawaii later this year (matches one of my caftans) and 2 bottles of nail polish.

Not nearly as much fun as a scrapbook store.

Poor Bill sat in the car and waited while I ran into the store for a pair of sunglasses. I decided to just grab whatever I wanted off the shelves on the way to the sunglass and display and then grabbed some more things on the way back to the cash register.

BIll asked me, "Did you find the sunglasses you wanted?" "Oh yeah, along with all this other stuff that jumped into my cart."

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 03-07-12 03:16 PM

• designguyKORY Said:
You mean you have to watch for closings? Your kids don't sit one foot from the TV with their fingers and toes crossed, chanting PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE before the first snowflake hits the ground? Cuz that's how my brother and I handled it as kids!

-kory

Things have changed quite a bit. The kids stare at their phones waiting for the text from the school.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

I am so cracked up at chocolate taxi!!! But it would have been a cool name if I'd thought of it. Maybe I should change my name?
Now for the good stuff: shhhhhhhhhhh, everyone, don't tell Kory, I found the TH Alpha cards he's been craving at MHF, they only had 2 packages. Notice the "had"? Think Kory will mind?
ROTFLMAO!!!! Just kidding!
Uh oh! I think he put a hit out on me before I even hit enter for this post!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to chocolateaxel

I have to say - I lurk here a lot - and I have been too shy to say anything before now.

Wine-O-Wars - I love it

and if there really were chocolatetazis who would ever buy their own car - not I!

I come here when I need a good laugh and I usually find one - thanks!

Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister

• scrappnmom2il Said:
Oh no. I will watch for the school closings. Then I go wake them up, make them get ready for school and once they're ready I tell them we're going outside to play. They hate me at first, but they're used to it.

Ooohh... You're a mean Mom. A very skillful mean Mom. I like it. : )

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Mr Mister

Ok, where's Kory? Did he go into shock thinking I bought the goodies he wants? LOL!!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• chocolateaxel Said:
Ok, where's Kory? Did he go into shock thinking I bought the goodies he wants? LOL!!

Remember, he has that hit on you? LOL. He's probably stalking all the stores looking for those goodies OR he's on his way to find you. Be careful.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Mr Mister

• Mr Mister Said:
  • scrappnmom2il Said:

Ooohh... You're a mean Mom. A very skillful mean Mom. I like it. : )

I love to play in the snow. Plus, they would sleep through the day if I didn't wake them up.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli

Kory was going to work on making ink sprays tonight, so many that is keeping him busy. I only know because I am waiting to see the results in another post - I am NOT some crazy kory stocker, I promise.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Tell me you didn't buy both boxes of the Alpha Cards!!!!

I think I can make it out there on Friday. If you didn't buy them all, traitor, I'ma call her tomorrow and ask her to set one aside for me!!

Alright- on to reply about the color sprays.

lol

kory

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

Would I do that to you? Knowing how badly you wanted them? Bwaaaahahahahahahaha! You'll never know until you call her, will you? By the way, her name is Maura. I have this thing about needing to know the names of my favorite people, and she's definitely on that list
I picked up 2 of the Daniel Torrente stamps, all I can say is "awesome"!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

Okay, where the heck is everybody? I'm here at work, terminally bored and needing someone to help me stay awake
Y'all need to wake up and help me!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Alright, I'm in!

At work, too. Last time I talked about being bored at work and/or 'deskcrafting,' I got some admonishments about how wrong that was. lol

Catching up on the thread- I was occupied with making a mini-album last night, as a gift to my boss. I put pics of it on my blog, if anybody be interested.

AAAAnd, I'll be getting my alpha-cards, thank you very much for torturing me....but an important someone up there was looking out for me. By important, I mean Maura. By 'up there,' I mean 165th and Penn. Hahaha

-kory

PDRNC
PDRNC 
Idol
PDRNC
  • PDRNC on 03-08-12 08:13 AM

Ok, I have PayDay Thursday! Got an extra day in this check (long story but I'm glad it's there) and an extra couple hundred for something in our new contract. WooHoo! I will be holding onto that until Sunday night when Sizzix, Spellbinder and all that jazz are 40% off in ACM. Plus, I'll be using the extra 20% off entire purchase. Word on the street is that Lunie has a $10 reward certificate also. I might knock her out in the parking lot and grab it from her:)

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to PDRNC

I don't know about messin with Lunie, I have a feeling she's pretty tough, and has killed for less than a 10.00 gift certificate. ;-)

k

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

It's wrong to be bored at work? Huh? I can't help it if I'm just too good at my job and end up twiddling my thumbs! Actually, it is the fact that I'm burned out and ready for a change. But the good news, change is a-coming! I switch to a new job position in the next couple of weeks, so my boredom will be short-lived.
HAHAHAHAHA! It was fun to yank your chain, Kory, I told Maura that you were probably coming in on Friday and to tell you that I bought all the alpha cards, we had a little laugh imagining what the look on your face would have been Now i can't wait for you to get them so I can see what you do with them!

PDRNC
PDRNC 
Idol
PDRNC
  • PDRNC on 03-08-12 08:29 AM

LOL! She's much taller than me so she might be a little hard to take down.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

I guess I'm the only lonely bored person today
Sure does make the work day drag when all the work is done and all that's left is watching the minutes tick by, lol

Page 7 of 501 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics