Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: i cant stop shopping ...        (Topic#1571459)
Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

ive been in bed sick the past almost week. So weak sleeping 90% of the day away but scared to go back to the DR seeing I was just released last sunday LoL!

But, when I am awake ... i cant stop thinking about things I really want, and could use for this swap to that one OR buy this for this friend and that for me. UGH, how do you stop (besides running out of money) I mean I have so much NEW now Ive missed placed 2 box's :X

I really want some mask's or stencil, or background texture stamps or something ... SB.com here I come to check on my wish list

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Sassie

you know if you aren't better you should call the Dr. If you have pneumonia waiting around is not the thing to do.

I know that I have so much and want more....it's a sickness.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Sassie

I think scrapbook shopping is good therapy. I am no help. If you have been fighting pneumonia then I can see why you want to get your mind off of how bad you feel. I agree with the other poster.. Don't wait to go back to dr. My dd gets it often. It often gets much much worse.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to anda11

*sigh* i know, with my health issues i cant afford to put off tomarrow. But i am feeling better!!

I love to shop its fun! Even window shopping, I wish i had the energy to get up to find those other 2 boxs of missing goodies :S i cant even remeber whats in them, but I know its not mask's or dies or media art stuff which is what im looking for now. I normally ever spend cash on myself.

This new man of mine really has drilled it into my head I deserve all I want. Hes so amazing, im a bit on the older side and have never been treated so good in all my life. If he wasnt blind, id ask him to find the box's for me .. he used to be very artsy since he lost vision hes learned to make paper, books & marble papers n such so he does have a artistic outlet because he was very big into art, 1800's, reinacting ect. I just love him so

Thanks for hearing me vent I just needed it

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to anda11

I am the same way. My dh says it's a phase with me just like everything else. Well, I'll show him. I want, no, I'm sorry, I am in need of ...

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Sassie

• Sassie Said:
*sigh* i know, with my health issues i cant afford to put off tomarrow. But i am feeling better!!

I love to shop its fun! Even window shopping, I wish i had the energy to get up to find those other 2 boxs of missing goodies :S i cant even remeber whats in them, but I know its not mask's or dies or media art stuff which is what im looking for now. I normally ever spend cash on myself.

This new man of mine really has drilled it into my head I deserve all I want. Hes so amazing, im a bit on the older side and have never been treated so good in all my life. If he wasnt blind, id ask him to find the box's for me .. he used to be very artsy since he lost vision hes learned to make paper, books & marble papers n such so he does have a artistic outlet because he was very big into art, 1800's, reinacting ect. I just love him so

Thanks for hearing me vent I just needed it

I can tell you that he is absolutely correct!! You do deserve it! Let him spoil you all he wants. I am so happy that you have found an amazing man. It is great you have a very creative guy too!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to anda11

I would like to think of myself as one of the biggest shopping enablers, supporters of the economy, and most supportive of all that is just enjoy the moment and live for the now PERSON ON THE SITE! :-O

If you want it, then buy it! Don't worry about it! It makes me so sad to hear anybody worrying about buying something- I want every person to have whatever it is they want. So what if you have to pawn the TV, you don't need it!

Alright, my drink is empty.

-kory

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to designguyKORY

rofl @ pawn the TV ... I did exactly that when the big kick went onsale plus J's messed up and took a 1/2 off M's coupon for it made it next to nothing ... I couldnt pass it up LoL!

Speaking to you Mister Kory i need a direct link to that los vegas stamps, they were around years ago also and I realllllly missed them! They are so stinkin awsome!!!! I wish id win something LOL!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to anda11

*sniff* thanks! He really is my soul mate, i never believed in that ... but hes so wonderful to and for me!!!!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• designguyKORY Said:
I would like to think of myself as one of the biggest shopping enablers, supporters of the economy, and most supportive of all that is just enjoy the moment and live for the now PERSON ON THE SITE! :-O

If you want it, then buy it! Don't worry about it! It makes me so sad to hear anybody worrying about buying something- I want every person to have whatever it is they want. So what if you have to pawn the TV, you don't need it!

Alright, my drink is empty.

-kory

Thanks for the laugh Kory! lol

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Kory, I don't think of you as an enabler. I think of you as an "inspirer". You inspire me to want to spend more.

Went to a Stampin' Up party a few nights. Did you know... you don't get a whole lot of papers for nearly $150.00 but they are so gorgeous! I had to have double of some of the packs.

It was for a good cause. My girlfriend hosted the party and proceeds or profits are to help her take her 17 year old daughter to China. SHe adopted Kathy when she was 7 months old and raised her here. Even more remarkable, my girlfriend had never been married but wanted to adopt a child, and paid for all the trips to China herself and all the adoption costs. She did it alone.

When Kathy was 7 she married the man who is still her husband and he also adopted Kathy.

SInce her daughter was small she has promised to take her back to China so she can see where she was born and spent her first 7 months. Its a remote village but they even have authorization to visit the orphanage.

Anyway, they are having bake sales in the park and selling homemade cards and having Stampin' Up parties - all to help make the trip to China actually happen.

SO, by buying a lot at the party, I was helping a good cause. Plus, the more you bought, the more free stuff you got!

In Miami - Bill is out looking at the property he and his brother and sister bought sight-unseen last year.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Henri Jean

uhh i need a SU party to go to lol!!! ive never tryed there paper or ink .. scared of a new addiction lol

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sassie

It was my first SU party and I found the papers to be gorgeous!

I make a colossal mess with stamps so I don't buy them. Even at the SU party one of the ladies said, "Henri, don't tell me you are licking ink off your fingers."

I said, "Yep, I got the tips of my fingers in the ink pad and I don't want to go home with blue fingers."

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Henri you crack me up!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

LOLOLOL

Henri, you kill me.

And I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one who considers licking ink off of fingers to not only be 'okay,' but also an acceptable way of 'cleaning up,' hahahaha

I was watching one of the online Prima classes a week ago, and in the live chatroom, they were talking about 'cleaning stamps,' and I said what I always say when someone asks how I clean stamps, "I spit on them and wipe them on my tshirt."

I lost count as to how many laughed and how many got extremely grossed out.

-kory

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

rofl rofl rofl omg rofl my face HURTS from laughing soooo hard hahhahahs!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sassie

Oh Kory, you and my husband would get along great - he thinks you can clean anything with a little spit. I think he learned that in the army.

I posted a "Bill story" this morning and its kind of lost and I wanted to make sure you see it. Will give you a giggle this morning. It's about his first report he had to send in for a secret shopper job and it was his first assignment with a new company.

Its a funny story. Actually, a hilarous story when you think about it, although at the time Bill was mortified at what he had done. It made me think of you Kory but its such a "guy" story. Surely no woman would do anything like this.

Bill's a guy and guys get email from other guys that are, well, a little strange and often more than a little risque. Fortunatly this involves an email on the milder side of risque, but still, bad enough.

One of his friends sent him an email of a group of sr. citizens in a retirement home and they were all making things out of clay of something they remember fondly. Some were making birds or animals or other nice things in nature.

One old lady sculpted a giant man part. (Is that okay to say Megan?)

When Bill has photos or email photos or anything else in his computer he does not rename them or sort or catagorize them - they are in his computer by the number assigned by the camera or email or whatever. So he has no clue what is what - he just has to guess.

So... yep, on his very first assignment with a new company for him he sent his report but instead of attaching the photo of the recipt for the food, he attached a photo of clay model of a giant man part and the proud old lady who made it. Since there was no label as to what the picture was, he clicked on the wrong one.

He immediately realized what he did and called and apologized for sending it and explained that he was just learning to attach pictures, to please ignore what he sent and he would send it again. Fortunatly she was amused. He really did not expect that he would ever get another assignment from this company!

I guess they decided he would be fun to have around and opening his reports would be an adventure.

Way to go Bill. As I said, legally I'm Bill's wife but in the real world - I'm his keeper.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I THINK I HAVE SEEN THE PHOTO YOU ARE DESCRIBING!!! lol

thanks for cracking me up!

-kory

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

You guys are too funny!

MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008
In response to scrappnmom2il

I couldn't stop thinking about this post so I had to come on and add my 2 cents! HAHAHAHAHA I've been resting on the couch since Friday night...I was going NUTS so I made a trip to J's where they have a 40% off sale going on. I spent almost $75. Then today, while home sick from work, I went on Amazon and bought $40 worth of products (but I rationalized it because it will be free shipping! hehehehe). And now I've been eyeing the Lucky 8 Punches. ETA: I also ordered over 150 prints on-line while home sick...but it was SUCH a good deal! Oh my!!

Edited by MrsD2008 on 03-05-12 04:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics