Username Post: Gel Pens...the best bang for buck?        (Topic#1571563)
mykelsonnier
Tenant
mykelsonnier

Ok, I know this is a simple question, but what are the best gel pens to get. I have a set that I want to say I bought at the Dollar Tree about 6 years ago. Great pens, but the caps don't stay on and break really easily. Im looking for a set with many colors to choose from...what kind do you reccomend?

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to mykelsonnier

It really depends on your budget and your intention.

Are you colouring in an image or, are you journaling? Many people here use Copics. I still have Zigs that work after 12 years. I have some of the Sakura Microns and also work with the Gelly Rolls by Sakura. I mostly use the Gelly Rolls to finish off an embellishment that I cut using SCAL. If a paper piece was too small to cut on the Cricut, I may hand-draw it in with a Gelly Roll that would match the cardstock. I use the Microns for journaling. The Zigs have different tips for different effects. The Copics are expensive and I have a few, they produce beautiful results. Hope that helps. Keep a smile M.

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to Momto3infinity

For gel pens I'm pretty happy with Sakura. They seem to last quite a while and I've never had trouble with caps staying on or breakage either. White is a difficult color and many people seem to like the Uni-ball version.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics