Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Trendy Tapes        (Topic#1571617)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

I've fallen in love with Washi tapes and was thrilled to find my LSS has started carrying the Trendy Tapes brand. Even more so when I discovered last night that they are selling them for $1.99 per roll, and if I order direct from Queen & Co. they are $2.99 per roll. Did I stock up? Silly question...

CeeStar
Veteran
CeeStar
In response to dwelch

I reeeally need to come to the States just for scrap shopping! Half of the stuff that you guys talk about on this site, I have absolutely no idea what it is and I just try and imagine it until somehow I find out!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to CeeStar

You are always welcom here!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to CeeStar

I am crazy for Washi tape too!!! And I really can't find ANY!!

I'm glad that it's going mainstream, tho- I'd love to be able to find random cool tapes when I'm out and about-

some of the Hambly ones are too cool!

I think I'm gonna order some tonight!

-kory

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 03-06-12 02:10 PM
In response to designguyKORY

I have to go back and look but I found a site that carries the washi tape in lots of styles and fairly reasonable. You can make your own pack of rolls too. I ordered some for each of my grandaughters at Christmas time and they were pretty happy with them.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-06-12 02:13 PM

Aha!! I have access to something Kory doesn't. I knew there had to be something We have a huge Japantown area here in San Francisco, and lots of stores with imports, stationery, kids school supplies, and of course the 100-yen stores. And lots of washi tape I haven't really gotten into using it yet, though, what are you guys doing with it?

Edited by stick on 03-06-12 02:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 03-06-12 02:23 PM
In response to stick

oh Stick I knew I needed a trip to SF ...was just looking for a cheap flight..
now I know I would need a bigger bag so I could bring home lots of washi.

Oh ... I didn't realize you were supposed to do something with it...I just like the way it looks..: )

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to GMFTS

Yeah, that's what I thought- USE IT? I want to sit it on my shelf. Maybe it touch it every once in a while...

lol

seriously, tho- I love sticking tape on anything- I have some of the Vintage Street Market tapes, and of course some of Mr. Holtz's Tissue Tape. But the washi tapes are much cooler!!!

And Stick. You can just... nevermind. You know what to do.

lol

-kory

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli

• designguyKORY Said:
Yeah, that's what I thought- USE IT? I want to sit it on my shelf. Maybe it touch it every once in a while...

haha... I like having pretty things on my shelves to look at too!

As for what to do with it, I was planning (cause I have not found any locally) on using it like i use my ribbon across my layouts... kinda boring, but i am sure i will come up with ways by the time i actually get some.

CeeStar
Veteran
CeeStar
In response to scrappnmom2il

• scrappnmom2il Said:
You are always welcom here!

Thank yoooou! I will make it, one day!

Tenant
In response to CeeStar

You're so right. It seems to take a long time for stock to come to Canada. Fortunately I get to the States about twice a year and do I stock up!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Debra Murdock

Well, one idea - if you're a card maker, you can put together the quickest last-minute card ever and it looks great. Just put 3-4 coordinating strips of washi tape vertically along one side (i.e., dots, plaids, stripes, but all in the same color family) and add a label with a stamped sentiment. Combining the various patterns makes it look like you really took a lot of time with it when you really only spent 5 minutes!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-06-12 07:51 PM
In response to dwelch

Great idea, D! Would be nice on an LO as well. I don't use ribbon very much at all, but the tape is compelling in the same way I think ribbon is for a lot of other people. Hmmm. Maybe I need to go shopping again

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to stick

off to google Washi tape ...

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to madmatter

cool stuff, and I can see it working really well on more masculine pages (instead of ribbon)

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to madmatter

OMG! A product I haven't heard about? How is this possible? Now I have to expand my mission to find some of this. Kory, why haven't you told me about this before? I know why, you don't want me to buy out any stock before you can get to it

simplycrafty
Veteran
simplycrafty
In response to madmatter

I too had to google!! Now I'm in love!!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to simplycrafty

Hummmmm! I will have to google it too!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

I googled it and I have something similar, but I didn't know it was called Washi tape. The things you learns here.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Okay, I had to Google it too, and now I'm in love!! Seriously, I have got to have some of this. I need it!!
But I now know why we can't find any, some person on Etsy has about a gazillion rolls of it for sale (way expensive) so it appears this person bought up every roll in about a 4 jillion square mile area.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics