Username Post: Large Alphabet Dies        (Topic#1571675)
New Kid On the Block

Hi there everyone! I'm new here and new to die cutting. I was wondering if any of you could suggest a large alphabet die set. I have a regular size sizzlets alphabet but I would like to have a larger set so I can use them on my classroom bulleting board (I'm a pre-k teacher). I have a big shot die cut machine.
Thanks!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to tamishad

The only Sizzix alphabet I can think of that would be big enough for a bulletin board is Sassy Serif, but that's 26 individual dies at $20 apiece, and a set of number dies that I don't recall the price for. Each letter is 4 inches high. Even if you skipped getting the numbers, it would literally be cheaper to buy a small Cricut ($200 at most, and often less) and cut letters using the cartridge that comes with it.

There's a nice 2-inch-high alphabet called Go Slim, but it's very narrow and would still cost several hundred dollars, if it's even still available (it retailed at $100 each for the uppercase and lowercase sets, and $25 for the numbers set).

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to aquabunny

I'd get a baby bug. Much more useful for a classroom.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Seaexplore

Oh my goodness!! I wish I had known about the baby bug before I got the bigshot!! I can get one for barely more than the big shot and buy a cartridge for what I spent on dies! I think I might see if I can return it and use the money to get the baby bug. I guess I just got too excited when I saw that the big shot was on sale lol. Thanks so much for the info!!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to tamishad

I love my big shot but the cricut is more useable in the classroom!

Maybe keep it? (yeah, I like to enable)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics