Username Post: Need suggestions for Hunting Senior Pic        (Topic#1571691)
lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

Hi everyone, I need your help with embellishments.

My dd did her Senior pics this fall and she is into hunting. So two of her pics are with guns. The background is yellow/orange/brown leaves and she is holding a gun in each. Very pretty backgrounds.

I am putting each pic on an 8x8 page. One side is green back ground. Pic will be matted on tan and brown. The other side is brown back ground. Pic will be matted on tan and green. Now what I need help with.

What embellishments would you put on the page?? I don't want them frilly. LOL

Suggestions PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Resident
In response to lilmrmaid

I'm not into frilly flowery things either but I found some fall colored flowers that were pretty and not too frilly looking. Also maybe look for some fall leaves. I found one page of stickers for our hunting pages and for the pages where the kids shot their first shot guns. Then when they got thier own BB guns from Santa, I have no more gun stickers and can't find anything related to guns or hunting unless it's military. Good luck.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to jeniferdwn

Yeah, I've seen lots of hunting-themed embellishments lately, and autumn leaves embellishments are easy-peasy to find (it's why I have such a surplus - I love them and keep buying them even though I do only four to six fall pages a year).
Products Referenced in This Post:

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to lilmrmaid

Not sure if you would like these suggestions. I bought some of each a few weeks ago because my dh is into precision shooting. Definitely not frilly - keep a smile M.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Momto3infinity

I'd go with autumn leaves, with maybe a 'rougher' looking flower, petaloo always has some pretty but rustic looking flowers. Nothing super girly or frilly, but more like a touch of nature

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to MrsAnnieS

I have seemn hunting embelishments at M's. Check them out. I think they were by Jolee's

cshortel
Guru
cshortel
In response to scrappnmom2il

Lots of leaves, tree, animals - maybe an owl in the tree, since it is a senior pic.

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to cshortel

Karen Foster Design has quite a nice line of hunting embellishments and hunting themed papers. I have used quite a few on los in my gallery.
If you look at them, remember they would look much better on your los. I love collecting scrap stuff, just not able to use it to the full potential.
Anyways, I really like her designs.
Products Referenced in This Post:

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to scrapnread

After posting a lot of those, it shows that they are discontinued. Sorry.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to scrapnread

Have you thought about keeping it plain and simple with maybe circles or squares....Use them to frame the picture or even add a little some of the tim holtz fragments and use them with paper and maybe even stamp with staz on on top of the fragments.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Sneezy1956

Can't wait to see your page on this!

dlanvinson
Resident
dlanvinson
In response to justowen

Another place to look: If you have a Cabella's in your area - its a hunting store chain in the midwest - they have a "home" section with candles, toys, etc and a lot of those karen foster stickers can be found there or at least at the one we go to. Good Luck!
Dori

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics