Username Post: Thickest Album??        (Topic#1571717)
Jettabosco
Tenant
Jettabosco

I am going to be going to Disney World for a long overdue vacation. I know I will have photo overload! I tend to want to scrap everything! Any suggestions on the thickest albums available and their quality? I don't want to have mulitple albums....I will welcome any and all suggestions!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 03-08-12 04:35 PM
In response to Jettabosco

If you use a post bound album (do they still make them? lol) you can get extenders and make your album as thick as you want.
I used to crop with a couple of Disney-addict sisters-in-law who jointly did an album of one of their trips to Dland...by the time they were done it was about a foot thick.

Another idea is to use sheets like these to put photos in and intersperse between los you do.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:
If you use a post bound album (do they still make them? lol)

Yes.

Veteran
In response to aquabunny

I definitely had photo overload for our 2010 trip to Disney. It was the first trip for both of my kids and long overdue for me. I decided to make a separate album for Animal Kingdom and a separate one for Hollywood Studios. I am so glad I did. Then I have a Disney album my sister gave me as well as one I bought while at Disney that I have been using for the remaining pages. Both of these are post bound. I personally think the post bound albums get a little unstable if they are too large.

For our 2011 trip (Universal and Sea World instead of Disney) I bought one of the We R Memory Keepers albums 3 ring albums. I think I will be able to get the photo overload from that trip into one album.

I guess it just depends on your preference. If my sister had not given me one album I might have gone a different direction. Either one will be fun to scrap. Hope you have a great trip!

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha
In response to GAKropper

• GAKropper Said:
I definitely had photo overload for our 2010 trip to Disney. It was the first trip for both of my kids and long overdue for me. I decided to make a separate album for Animal Kingdom and a separate one for Hollywood Studios. I am so glad I did. Then I have a Disney album my sister gave me as well as one I bought while at Disney that I have been using for the remaining pages. Both of these are post bound. I personally think the post bound albums get a little unstable if they are too large.

For our 2011 trip (Universal and Sea World instead of Disney) I bought one of the We R Memory Keepers albums 3 ring albums. I think I will be able to get the photo overload from that trip into one album.

I guess it just depends on your preference. If my sister had not given me one album I might have gone a different direction. Either one will be fun to scrap. Hope you have a great trip!

Take this from someone who found out the hard way, they do get unstable and the posts will pull thru the chipboard. On my DD's album I made it up to the point that she was 5yo (about 40 pp or 80 LO's) and the posts pulled thru.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 03-10-12 04:22 AM
In response to mstasha

The first album I ever made was 90 pages and there haven't been any problems with the posts...of course it probably doesn't get as much wear and tear and I imagine a Disney one would get quite a bit.

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 03-15-12 12:20 PM
In response to GMFTS

I also use post bound albums.My Heritage album is at 90 pages and still growing.My other albums are frOm 50 pages and more.Have fun!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics