Username Post: Spellbinders Grand Calibur        (Topic#1572349)
CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I just got one of these for my birthday (I lovvvvvvve it, thank you DH!!!), but I'd like to know if anyone knows should I flip my plates like I had to do with my Big Kick?? The plates don't see to go out of shape at all, but IDK how long that will be the case.

To flip,,,,,,or not to flip???

Expert
In response to CommaHolly

Do you mean use the other side ? i did read that you can use the other side.
And....spellbinders confirmed that there are new plates..a little bigger, with a new tray (that white thing inside), so if you need to replace them, the new ones will cut an 8 and a half inch wide piece of paper. I'm not to that point yet, but...that will be a future purchase for me.

Edited by deedee49 on 03-13-12 04:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Flip baby flip!!! LOL, but seriously, I've had mine for a little over 6 months now and I just flipped mine.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ms_Pebbles

I have the one that cuts an 8.5 inch piece of paper,,,although it's rare I use a whole one anyway,,,,,,,usually I'm cutting things different colors,,,

but it is nice to be able to put so many dies on one plate and send them through all at the same time!

thanks for the advice I flipped,,,,,,even though they surely don't look out of shape at all,,,,I think they are sturdier than the Big Kick plates,,,,,,although they cost more for replacements so it evens out probably LOL

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

We have the Grand Calibur and we do flip the plates every so often. It's better to flip, turn and move the plates around. With moving I mean, the dies that you use, so you arent always cutting in the same area. The materials used for the Calibur machine are different than the Big Kick and Cuttlebug. I did noticed that. And also, when something mechanical goes snap, its easy to get it replaced and fixed. Even by yourself.
Me personally like to cut the dies one by one cause I've found out that when you cut several in once, some dont cut all the way thru because the lack of pressure in that area. Just fiddle around with it....

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to TheCharmedOne

I flip about every other time but I have noticed that it doesn't get out of shape like the big shot.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics