Username Post: Scoring/Creasing your cards        (Topic#1572457)
New Kid On the Block

What do you use to crease your cards. I've been using the score pal and I have the MS scorer. I was looking at the Zutter Kutter, I was wondering will that score card stock as well as chipboard?

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to evenight

I use a bone folder and the cutting groove in my trimmer.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to runzalot81

I put my cardstock on the cutting line of my Fiskars trimmer.... in between the 2 tracks. I don't take the blade out at all. I just run my Martha Stewart bone folder along the groove where the blade would go and voila... the perfect score line. Someone showed me this trick at a workshop and I couldn't believe I had never seen it before. One of the best tips I ever got.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I use a bone folder aswell...I find the scorepal too big to use. I've always done it like this and never had issues..just need a good ruler or paper trimmer...

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to TheCharmedOne

I LOVE the MS scoring board and I have a few bone folders that I use ... cheap, easy, convenient, effective

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to madmatter

I have and love the MS board. AWESOME.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Seaexplore

Thanks,

I now have a ms board. I can't wait to try it.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to evenight

Congrats. You will love it. It's great to make envelopes. Make sure you look on the back... there is a little storage type area where one of the included tools is held. I thought the bone folder that was included was so flimsy it wasn't even usable. I bought the larger, weightier version of her bone folder and it is excellent. Happy folding.

New Kid On the Block
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I immediately tossed the bone folder that came with it. I went to the local craft store and picked a bone folder with a small and med. one in it for about $6.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to evenight

yep, toss the bone folder. Or save it for pushing gluey things around. I bought another MS bone folder for six bucks,,,,,,minus a 40% coupon that is MUCH better.

TFCasper
Veteran
TFCasper
In response to CommaHolly

I must add to the love for the MS Scoreboard. I had a heavy bone folder before I bought it and still use it for actually creasing cards and other paper for projects. Don't throw away the (definitely) flimsy one that comes with the scoreboard though. It is still useful for scoring in the grooves of the scoreboard. It's made thin so that it fits easily and I do prefer it to the larger one for getting into the grooves.

Kit Scrapo
Pro
Kit Scrapo
In response to TFCasper

i have the ms scoring board, picked it up at M's with a 50% off coupon, i will have to look into getting the better bone folder.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Kit Scrapo

I recently purchased the MS scoring board. And have used it several times along with the bone folder that came with. Why are you all replacing the bone folder?

Resident
In response to Anna C

the bone folder that comes with the score board is not high in quality it is flimsy, I didn't think anything was wrong with it till I misplaced it one day and had to buy one... I really should have just bought one to start with.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to must_love_paper

Thanks for the response. I already have another bone folder so I will try it the next time I use my score board.

• must_love_paper Said:
the bone folder that comes with the score board is not high in quality it is flimsy, I didn't think anything was wrong with it till I misplaced it one day and had to buy one... I really should have just bought one to start with.

Edited by Anna C on 04-24-12 02:29 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics