Username Post: Scotch 3M photo splits...problems w/ sticking?        (Topic#1572507)
Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

I bought the Scotch 3M initiallly repositional photo splits when I first began, a few months ago, and I have noticed that some pics are starting to lift from the pages. Anyone have this problem? i originally thought it was because the cardstock I used was textured, now I think the product just isn't that great. I browsed the ATG guns, based on other posts in the forum, but they are Scotch 3M products n I am wary now. So the question is, whose using these products and n what do you like? Meanwhile, I have refastened my lifted photos w/ creative memories splits that are holding well. Thanks, Chris

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Juansmom

I am not familiar with the splits, but I have never had issues with my ATG tape adhering well.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-17-12 01:28 PM
In response to Luvmyfam

I wouldn't trust anything repositionable to last. But I love love love almost everything from 3M (I even took a picture of the corporate sign when we drove by it a few months ago, lol). ATG is excellent.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to stick

I never use the repositionable tabs on anything, I didn't trust them. I have used both the Creative Memories, Fiskars, Scotch and 3L photo tabs/splits and have never had a problem with any except on glitter papers.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to NMlady

I always just assumed that repostionable products, by definition, were not intended to hold products indefinitely. So, I've never tried to use any of them that way.

I do sometimes use them for temporary purposes while I work on project (masking or precise placement concerns leap to mind).

That is especially so since I got the Scotch ATG. I've found that adhesive is very strong, and what it sticks, doesn't easily come loose. I have also used and liked other Scotch products (like their glue and photo corners). The ATG and the glue are actually the products I'm using currently, and I'm liking them very well indeed. I've also used and liked the Creative Memories splits.

The only permanent adhesive I've every really had trouble with when dealing with textured paper issues is the Herma Tabs. I gave up on that quite a while ago, they are apparently still selling so maybe they've improved or I was the only one to not care for them

Edited by KatieJo on 03-17-12 05:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to KatieJo

Thanks for your input everybody! I will have to check out the ATG's next shopping trip n will let you know how I did!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics