Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Discontinued?        (Topic#1572521)
daisy2doo
Resident
daisy2doo

What gives with the discontinued items? One week they are there and then they are gone? Just wondering.......

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-17-12 06:51 PM
In response to daisy2doo

Discontinued where? If you're looking at products here they may not actually be discontinued by the manufacturer, just sold out and no longer carried by sb.com.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to stick

Never thought about that Kara. Good point.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to Henri Jean

yeah, for some reason I have a love for items that get discontinued. It never fails once I have the money to order online, a chunk of what i wanted is no longer available.

kellyshoaf
Idol
kellyshoaf
In response to Rushli

good luck in your shopping!

Edited by kellyshoaf on 04-04-12 11:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Rushli

That's my excuse for buying everything I could ever possibly want. It might not be available when I do want it. Of course the boxes of my stash are kind of piling up...and somehow there is always new stuff that I also want. People say I should just hang out the OPEN sign

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to mrsdriver5

GREAT excuse! I love impulse shopping

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to runzalot81

I'm on the same page you are Mrs. Driver!

I buy a lot not becuase I need it, but becuase I know it will be discontinued if I don't.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli

I am not at the point I can just buy things up when I see them. I chose to be a SAHM, which means lots of time making (and scrapbooking) memories, but not a lot of money to do it on... I am still working on my "baseline" of products... unfortunately I have pretty big baseline of "needs!" lol > I blame it all on YouTube and seeing people create all these cool things.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to Rushli

Yes, I feel your pain. At one point I needed another couple of sheets of a paper that was no longer offered by sb.com and I resorted to googling and found it on Amazon. When you're desperate, you're desperate!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to meezerpleaser

Argh! I hate when that happens. And I am known for postponing things to buy, because, I think I have time. I have sooooo wanted the Crop in Style P3 (paper holder tote). But I kept putting it off and putting off. THen I took my hiatus from scrapbooking. Now, when I came back it's discountinued. Then I wanted the Crop in Style XXL, discontinued and buying either one on EBay would cost me an arm and a leg. So, now if I see something that I want, I will think twice of not buying it.

daisy2doo
Resident
daisy2doo
In response to scrappnmom2il

Well I still don't get it, however if I find something that I like (mmmm hard to do if you never had it in your hands) I guess buy buy buy...Not a good way to do business but what do I know? They must have odles of goods. Wish I could see the warehouse. My parents have a place in Mesa...right down the road from the warehouse. I wonder????

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to daisy2doo

My local scrapbook store has to be a decent volume of everything they carry. When it was gone, they reorder if it is a good seller. If it sold kind of slow they don't reorder or restock it. They just don't have room to keep every paper and everything else going.

TO me that doesn't mean its really discontinued by the manufacturer, it just means they are going to discontinue selling it.

AniPie
AniPie 
Tenant
AniPie

I am forever going to M's and looking for clearance papers. Never fails I fall in love with a paper that is gone! So if I find one I really like I try to buy at least 4.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to AniPie

I buy at least 4 also, and if I really love it, I go for 8!

meela
meela 
Resident
meela
  • meela on 04-01-12 02:59 PM

Better to have too much when you are working on a project, that is for sure.

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha
In response to daisy2doo

My prob doesn't seem to be discontinued stuff, just getting stuff in general. My M's and J's shelves are always bare (not that they carry a great selection, anyhow) then I go to order here and it's always "out of stock". How irritating! I had to place 2 orders with sb.com to get what I wanted. I just received the 1st shipment yesterday and was so exicted to finally get some of the "Little Darlings" line for a project I'm going to do. But as cute as it is, it's so not the color I thought. Talk about being salmon colored! So now I'm bummed out I ordered all this stuff to make baby shadow boxes for my kids, and it's the wrong color. I need something a little more pinkish, not orangish. I'm sure I will be able to use the stuff, but not for my main reason for buying it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mstasha

I really love to buy on online but your point is very good. Sometimes I get stuff that is not exactly the color my heart was set on, but I can almost always use it for something.

Still love shopping online!

kellyshoaf
Idol
kellyshoaf

HUGS

Edited by kellyshoaf on 04-04-12 11:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to daisy2doo

Daisy, if you go to videos and bring up their christmas singing video, they shot it in the warehouse, it gives a person a small idea of what it looks like! I am hoping the link will work if not its the "Always Sunny in Here" video!
http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/?m=view&v= 1583&...

If what you are looking at is from one of the more popular manufactures most of it will go quick!

You have a god question, there is a forum for the store and they are usually really good about answering in a timely manner. However they are only there M-F.
Hope that helps some.....

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics