Username Post: Embossing ink        (Topic#1572845)
Uscphan88
Resident
Uscphan88

Anyone know how to get embossing ink off your clear stamps and stamp blocks. I have those stamp cleaner wipes and they work great on pigment ink but not this ink,,,,everything is SO so sticky...

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Uscphan88

Did you use Versamark? I use just plain water and a good rub with me fingers. Sometimes I also use babywipes.

jazzarina
Veteran
jazzarina
In response to TheCharmedOne

try a soft bristle toothbrush, warm warer, and a dab of gentle soap...it work great and can get into the nooks and crannies....

Uscphan88
Resident
Uscphan88
In response to jazzarina

i did use versamark and for some reason it just really wants to stick to the acrylic block, but i will try what you gals suggested and let you know how it works...

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Uscphan88

Sometimes, water is the simplest solution ;)... I know what ya mean tho, I have the same thing with some stamping inks. It just stays on the stamp forever and I really dont like discoloured stamps. Especially the Tim Holtz stamps have this. The material that they use for the stamps, is different than the Inkadinkado stamps...

Anyways, try the water n soap....the toothbrush is a good idea too, will try that meself too for some stamps...

Esmee
Esmee 
Resident
Esmee
  • Esmee on 04-01-12 08:34 AM
In response to TheCharmedOne

I have that too, I really don't like coloured stamps but after a while....especially the stamps with much detail. Water often helps, I also use babywhipes, without oil or something like that.

lori1963
Veteran
lori1963
In response to Esmee

I too use Versamark & it is very hard to remove. I DO NOT use Nail Polish Remover on my stamps,But I sure DO use it on my stamp blocks . It cleans the blocks spotless and my stamp blocks have suffered no ill effects. I use baby wipes on my stamps,but it hardly moves versamark !

Margie Calenda
Tenant
Margie Calenda
In response to Uscphan88

When I'm using Versamark, I try to clean the stamp IMMEDIATELY after stamping, before the ink really has a chance to settle. I can never seem to fully remove it. I think the ink leaves a permanent stain, but the stamp seems to work just fine time after time.

tbguinea13
New Kid On the Block
tbguinea13
In response to Uscphan88

My husband uses Goof-Off on almost everything! You have to be careful with rubber stamps as it may dissolve the rubber if left on too long or you use too much. Try WD-40, they may work better come to think of it! Just wash with warm soapy water afterwards!

scarlet864
Veteran
scarlet864
In response to tbguinea13

I've heard that you can remove ink stains from acrylic BLOCKS with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Do not use it on the actual stamp, but it should clean the block.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics