Username Post: ~*~APRIL 2012~*~ Anything Goes Challenge!!! Sign up until 4/10/12!        (Topic#1572971)
njr007
njr007 
Queen
njr007
In response to njr007

DaNel I have a question about 4/4 daily. I have a C in my title-does that count?

Edited by njr007 on 04-12-12 04:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to njr007

• njr007 Said:
DaNel I have a question about 4/4 daily. I have a C in my title-does that count?

Yes. I did not say a "C" only

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to DaNel Hicks

Points I forgot to use on the Mares Page
27 - 1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points
5 - For updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points (Max. 5 times per day!)

Week 7
5 - PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
20 - PER cardstock/pattern paper used
5 - PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
5 - PER type of distressing (inking, sanding, crumpling paper, etc.)
5 - for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
5 - for creating a LO for another challenge on sb.com or on another blog/website (MUST tell what challenge it is for AND if it is not an sb.com challenge you MUST post the website link to the challenge!)
volume scrap 2012
10 - PER 8x8 or larger (6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12) layout (MUST have a link in this forum)
20 - for using your OWN design that is NOT based on someone else’s design or sketch to create an altered project or layout (take ONLY +10 pts if it is a card or swap item you designed yourself)
45 - PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
65 - PER person or animal in each pic
45 - PER picture over 5 years old OR picture taken during 2012 or later
5 - PER picture that is NOT a square or rectangle
10 - PER picture that YOU are in
40 - PER picture with NO people or animals in it
70 - PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
10 - for single page LO w/ 3+ pics OR double page LO w/ 7+ pics
98 - 1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points
10 - 10 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 20 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)
5 - For cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout

Family
Pg 1
Family Pg 2 By DaNel Hicks
4 - PER sticker used (flat or 3D, NOT alphas in title)
15 - PER cardstock/pattern paper used
5 - PER type of bling (glittered paper, foil, metallic ink, glitter glue, jewel, pearl, etc.)
5 - for using a punch
5 - for using patterned paper as your background
5 - for creating a LO for another challenge on sb.com or on another blog/website (MUST tell what challenge it is for AND if it is not an sb.com challenge you MUST post the website link to the challenge!)
volume scrap 2012
10 - PER 8x8 or larger (6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12) layout (MUST have a link in this forum)
25 - PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
50 - PER person or animal in each pic
40 - for having the title, an embellishment, or journaling on or overlapping the picture

Family pg 1 By DaNel Hicks
Family pg 2
6 - PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
2 - PER sticker used (flat or 3D, NOT alphas in title)
5 - PER type of bling (glittered paper, foil, metallic ink, glitter glue, jewel, pearl, etc.)
volume scrap 2012
20 - for using your OWN design that is NOT based on someone else’s design or sketch to create an altered project or layout (take ONLY +10 pts if it is a card or swap item you designed yourself)
5 - PER color of glitter mist, paint, or ink used
10 - for using items from your stash that are OVER 1 year old (so items you got in Jan 2011 or before!)
5 - PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
15 - PER person or animal in each pic
10 - for having the title, an embellishment, or journaling on or overlapping the picture
3 - 1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points

Family By DaNel Hicks

815 This Post

6388 This month

Still behind but trying to catch up.

B2Hearts
Governor
B2Hearts
In response to njr007

Wow, lots of stuff going on here! So sorry I have been MIA.

Quay, sounds like you and hubby have been through the ringer, glad to hear he's still with you! Will be praying for you when it's surgery time!

Megan, Congrats on the Pinterest Pin! Way to go!

Jade, Good luck with the possible move! Will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Andrea, Sorry to hear about Maddison.

Norma, Congrats on the new home, hope all goes well!

Now for me and why I've been missing...Bad news I'm afraid. Most of you know I had a heart transplant 19 years ago and I've done exceedingly well with my health. Last year my Cath was perfect. Every year I have a "tune up" to see how everything on the inside is working, because when they put the new heart in they don't reattach nerves so my body doesn't show any symptoms of any heart problems. Last Thursday was my annual and the stress echo showed something was up. I found this out on Monday when the team called and said I had to have a Cath on Tuesday. The Cath showed the entire lower portion of my heart is clogged and I have pretty bad heart disease, the kind that only heart transplant recipients get. It's incurable and the usual treatment is retransplantation. Yes that BOMB was droppped. So I'm going back in the hospital on Tuesday and they are going to try and open up some of the blockages and stent them, half my heart on Tuesday and the other half on Wednesday and if all goes well I get to come home on Thursday. The good news is that my body has been making collateral pathways to make keep blood flowing when blockages happened, kind of like my own little by pass machine. They were very encouraged by this. I'm doing fine, I feel fine, no problems other than the Cath recovery. Half of my family is freak out mode but I'm doing okay, taking it one day at a time, not quite ready to push the panic button. So, if you could, I would really appreciate some prayers for my family and for me next week when the Doctors are doing their stuff. Thanks so much for letting me get this off my chest!

Edited by B2Hearts on 04-12-12 05:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to B2Hearts

I hope that everything goes well. Keep us posted when you can. thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

B2Hearts
Governor
B2Hearts

Thanks DaNel, I will be posting from the hospital. Tuesday was a crummy because there is no cell service or wifi available in the Cath Lab. My girls and I do a lot of communicating via texting.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to B2Hearts

oh no Bev! I cannot believe that. It is scary to know that everything is going so well at lasts years check up and then this years check up was something new. I am so sorry to hear this. I hope all goes well next week! I will def keep you and your fam in my thought!!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-12-12 07:04 PM
In response to jadebrit

Bev- OMG!!! I think I am with your family.."FREAKED OUT" I am praying right now even as I type! What a bomb and a half.

You are so brave and you sound so secure. With that attitude you will do well with everything they are going to do. All my best wishes and all my prayers go out to you and your Freaked out family! *BIG hugs*

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-12-12 07:05 PM

• DaNel Hicks Said:
Points I forgot to use on the Mares Page
27 - 1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points
5 - For updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points (Max. 5 times per day!)

Week 7
5 - PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
5 - PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
5 - PER type of distressing (inking, sanding, crumpling paper, etc.)
5 - for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
volume scrap 2012
45 - PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
65 - PER person or animal in each pic
45 - PER picture over 5 years old OR picture taken during 2012 or later
5 - PER picture that is NOT a square or rectangle
40 - PER picture with NO people or animals in it
70 - PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
10 - for single page LO w/ 3+ pics OR double page LO w/ 7+ pics
98 - 1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points
10 - 10 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 20 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

Family
Pg 1
Family Pg 2 By DaNel Hicks
4 - PER sticker used (flat or 3D, NOT alphas in title)
15 - PER cardstock/pattern paper used
5 - for using a punch
volume scrap 2012
25 - PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
50 - PER person or animal in each pic
40 - for having the title, an embellishment, or journaling on or overlapping the picture

Family pg 1 By DaNel Hicks
Family pg 2
6 - PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
2 - PER sticker used (flat or 3D, NOT alphas in title)
volume scrap 2012
5 - PER color of glitter mist, paint, or ink used
10 - for using items from your stash that are OVER 1 year old (so items you got in Jan 2011 or before!)
5 - PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
15 - PER person or animal in each pic
10 - for having the title, an embellishment, or journaling on or overlapping the picture
3 - 1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points

Family By DaNel Hicks

815 This Post

6388 This month

Still behind but trying to catch up.

Still behind who DaNel??? hehe

njr007
njr007 
Queen
njr007
In response to Quay

Bev so sorry to hear. Many prayers going you way.

njr007
njr007 
Queen
njr007
In response to njr007

Okay-here are my quotes:

Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world.
Marilyn Monroe

I smile because I have no idea what is going on…

"A daughter is a beautiful reflection of God's grace."

While we teach our children about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
Angela Schwindt

I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

“Our lives begin to end the minute we become silent about things that matter.” Martin Luther King

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” Christopher Robin

“Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.”

The things that make me different are the things that make me.” Winnie the Pooh

As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen Winnie the pooh

Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. Mark Twain

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
Maya Angelou

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
Maya Angelou

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
Dalai Lama

A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.
Lou Holtz

Sorry got carried away-been reading quotes for over an hour!

+50 4/12 daily add 5 quotes
+10 done today
+10 10 additional quotes
+5 signature update

Current total *2523*

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-12-12 08:09 PM
In response to njr007

girl By Quay

4 letters
4 eyelets
1 brad
1 sticker
30 cs/pp
5 ribbon
5 ink-pink
5 pp/background
5 journal block
5 metal
5 tree on page
10 12x12
10 1 year old stash
20 own design
20 60% neg space
5 pic
5 person
5 pic smaller/4x6
10 overlapping
5 round pic
25 words jouranling
10 handwritten
66 comments
5 clean up
5 update siggy
-----

moms By Quay

4 letters
6 brads
16 stickers
15 cs/pp
5 ribbon
20 handcut embellie
5 punch
5 journal block
5 metal
10 12x12
10 border not straight edge
10 1 year old stash
20 own design
20 60% neg space
5 pic
5 older/5yrs
10 pic no people/animal
10 overlapping
28 words journaling
10 handwritten
5 clean up
5 update siggy
-----

remember this By Quay

12 letters
6 buttons
2 safety pins
6 brads
1 paper clip
20 cs/pp
15 ribbon
5 ink-blue
5 handcut embellie
5 inking
5 punch
5 pp/background
5 journal block
5 metal
10 12x12
10 not square LO
10 1 year old stash
20 own design
20 60% neg space
5 pic
20 person/animal
10 overlapping
9 words journaling
10 handwritten
5 clean up
5 update siggy
-----

Trying to use up my ugly pp. I am such a tight wad!

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to Quay

Good Morning everyone !! I plan on scrapping all weekend and packing in between I am starting to pack a little we are moving the end of May. Hope everyone has a good day.

AnythingGoesChallenge
Resident
AnythingGoesChallenge
In response to Teresakay

April 13 daily: Use your scraps! AT least 60% of your project must be made with scrap paper and leftover embellishments. Layout 150 points, card 100 points

B2Hearts
Governor
B2Hearts
In response to AnythingGoesChallenge

Thanks for your support! I really do appreciate it.

njr007
njr007 
Queen
njr007
In response to B2Hearts

Teresa did not know you were moving. To another home or another city? Either way, good luck, pack is a chore!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Msnickers2

received payment from Shalene, Ashley, & Teresa! thanks ladies

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to njr007

I just scrapped another LO! Quay would be proud

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to jadebrit

You are on a roll Jade! WTG!

OK, the 1/2 monthly challenge is going to be up tonight. So Sorry for the delay ladies. The month just got away from me!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Bev!!! You are such an amazing woman! I am so glad that your body has been compensating in its own way to keep you healthy even with the blockages! You and your family will be in my thoughts throughout your entire treatment & recovery! Please, please, please let me know if there is anything you need done that can be accomplished long distance.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics