Page 3 of 3 
Username Post: Does anyone sell stamps?        (Topic#1573023)
krazy4kardz
Governor
krazy4kardz
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
wait wait,,,,,,

you can sell the physical STAMP. What you can NOT sell is the stamped IMAGE. You can not stamp the stamp on paper 20 times and sell that for 5 dollars,,,,,,for example.

you CAN sell any stamp, new or used that you don't want.

Not really...there are companies that stipulate that their stamps only be sold by authorized dealer/retailers thus prohibiting/forbidding the re-sale of them by anyone that is not authorized to do so. Abracadabra and Elisabeth Bell are two such companies.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to krazy4kardz

• krazy4kardz Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:
wait wait,,,,,,

you can sell the physical STAMP. What you can NOT sell is the stamped IMAGE. You can not stamp the stamp on paper 20 times and sell that for 5 dollars,,,,,,for example.

you CAN sell any stamp, new or used that you don't want.

Not really...there are companies that stipulate that their stamps only be sold by authorized dealer/retailers thus prohibiting/forbidding the re-sale of them by anyone that is not authorized to do so. Abracadabra and Elisabeth Bell are two such companies.

So why do many people sell their rubber stamps at some yard sales/ garage sales. Are these people doing something illegal? Every company has their own rules and Angel policy, It gets so confusing.

krazy4kardz
Governor
krazy4kardz
In response to armygirl

Because they most likely don't know about angel policies. So yes, technically if the stamps are from companies that forbid their re-sale they are being sold illegally.

I'm sure I'm gonna be struck down by a bolt of lightning and be bombarded by a bazillion heated comments but I personally think angel policies are a joke. Think of it like this...so you buy a pair of Levi's and then you find out that you can only wear them on Tuesdays with a blue polka-dotted shirt and you have to wash them with Tide in cold water and hang them up to dry...crazy huh?

golden1
Resident
golden1
In response to krazy4kardz

ditto what she said....that's a joke.....way too technical for me!! but what she said is the bottom line.....a joke!!
  • krazy4kardz Said:
Because they most likely don't know about angel policies. So yes, technically if the stamps are from companies that forbid their re-sale they are being sold illegally.

I'm sure I'm gonna be struck down by a bolt of lightning and be bombarded by a bazillion heated comments but I personally think angel policies are a joke. Think of it like this...so you buy a pair of Levi's and then you find out that you can only wear them on Tuesdays with a blue polka-dotted shirt and you have to wash them with Tide in cold water and hang them up to dry...crazy huh?

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to golden1

I love all or mostly all of my rubber stamps, and I let my friends borrow them all the time. If they go home and stamp tons of images on their white paper, good for them. At least my stamp is getting used and loved. I payed good money for it so let it be used to the fullest. And yes some angel policies and stamp companies are crazy. LOL

Page 3 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics