Page 3 of 3 
Username Post: Embossing Die Cutting What is best?        (Topic#1573043)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to kiyawinn

That is great info - I am getting more and more sold that I need the pro. There may not be a lot of embossing folders out there in 12 x 12 but I look at that as a good thing! Otherwise I would be in the poor house.

But that is the main thing I would use it for - dressing up my cardstock which I use a background for travel pages.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to Henri Jean

you can always make your own 12x12 embossing folders.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Henri,
Just wait! If you end up getting it, I'll bet you end up using it for a lot more than 12x12...
The embossing folders and on-the-edge dies sold on here are not just for cards....use them on photo mats and other papers to layer on your LO....looks fantastic! Dresses it up...
Just shop some of TH texture fades (embossing) and on the edge dies.....You can also cut borders with the 12" extended platform....and there's some really nice border dies....
Alison

Tenant
In response to DaNel Hicks

I have a Cuttlebug that cuts the thick dies like Tim Holtz and I love it. I also received the Grand Calibur from Spellbinders last year. I can't believe I'm saying this but I just got it out a couple weekends ago and I absolutely love it. That will only cut the low profile dies but you can fit a lot onto the cutting mat at once which I love. Both of these will emboss wonderfully.

Edited by nswilliams on 03-31-12 03:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to nswilliams

Thanks Alison. I know I will use it for more than embossing 12 x 12's but that is what I want to do with it the most.

My layouts are nearly all travel layouts - hundreds of travel pages becuase that is what my husband and I like to do - travel.

I am in the middle of about 50-60 pages of China right now, maybe a few more pages than that. I don't get fancy with them at all and use plain cardstock for the background so that owuld dress up the cardstock background.

For Christmas and holiday layouts and family layouts and layouts with my granddaughter - for that I can see all kinds of uses for the diecuts and and embossing folders of all sizes!

Craftwell
Veteran
Craftwell
In response to aquabunny

I wanted to join this discussion, because I don't see mention of Craftwell's eBosser! It's a fully automated, embossing/die cutter machine that is backward compatible with most cutting dies and embossing folders on the market! No holding down a button, or crancking! Just insert, and walk away! The best part? It's BIG! It can emboss A4 & letter size paper, and cut up to 8 layers of cotton fabric at once!

http://www.craftwellusa.com/products/ebosser

This amazing product, will be available in May!

Team Craftwell

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Craftwell

Will it have to use sandwiches and shims and those things that confuse me.

SOunds nice but I really need to hold out for a 12 x 12 or I'll be disappointed. I just want it for scrapbooking.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

thanks for all the info, I am feeling much more comfortable with things.. cannot wait to use my new Big Shot

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to lynnde

I have the original cricut personal I think its called - I've only used it a few times and it only cuts 5.5" in width I believe...

not sure if it would be worth it to get anything larger although I've been more and more intrigued with the big shot and nesties

I would like to maybe just get some cartridges that do label shapes and what not then I guess I wouldn't need the big shot?

New Kid On the Block
In response to aquabunny

You know what's really funny? I tried the same thing with my old Sizzix silicone pad and it didn't work for me either. I hated that whole embossing system with the texture plates and silicone pad and whatever else, anyway. I never use the silly thing. Anyway, I am so cheap that I have an old mousepad that I cut to shape. It works great!!

scrappyjae
Tenant
scrappyjae
In response to marystutt

My Big Shot has been shipped, just waiting for it to arrive and then I can go crazy!

Page 3 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics