Ok girls. Let's send in the top three for each week. Don't vote for yourself, but make sure you give me your number and let me know if you completed the twist.
I'll take votes for a day (or two) and then post the winners.
Welcome to the monthly Monochrome Layout Challenge for April.
April. The month in between Spring and Summer. The days are warm, the nights are cool. The first flower daffodils are gone, and the tulips are winding down so that the iris can have their show before summer's glorious roses. Baby ducks, baby chicks, baby bunnies, baby...everything. That's April. Snow is a thing of not too distant memory, but far enough that it is just a memory. All over the earth, life bounds out in full expression of joy and enthusiasm. Ah - who doesn't love April?
April's colors are like April itself - enthusiastic and confident. There's nothing shy about these bright, happy tones. Spring is indeed here. There is cause for celebration and rejoicing in all the land!
************************* ** Here are the basics of how MONOCHROME works. ************************* **
1. Monochrome means "of one color." Each week has a color which you are to create a layout around. Aside from the listed neutral palette, this is the only color tone allowed in your layout.
2. It must be obvious that your intention is to create a one color layout, so the only "color" of your layout must be the weekly color and it's corresponding darker and lighter tones and shades. Any other colors must come from the neutrals palette.
NEUTRAL COLOR PALETTE TONES are : white, cream, beige, tan, brown, khaki, olive, black, gray, and navy. These are the colors that my mother always told me "go with everything."
*****Layouts using colors other than the color of the week and the neutral palette are not considered monochrome and will not be included for the voting. Make SURE your layout conforms to the specs for this particular challenge!
3. Twists are added for your amusement and to help you push your project to the next level. If you complete the twist, your page gets an extra vote at the end of the month.
4. The challenge weeks can be completed in any order, and you are not required to complete all four weeks. This is a challenge by choice - do one, two, three, or all four weeks. Do them in whatever order you want. And if you decide that you want to complete ALL the month's layouts in one week that is perfectly fine. Whatever works for you!
5. No sign-up required. Just jump in and have fun whenever you're ready!
6. I am not the comment police.
I know we all get busy and get behind. But we all like to get comments on our projects, so do your best to give love when you get love.
7. Layouts must be new as of March 30th and are DUE no later than midnight SB.com time April 30th. After the final posts are updated, I'll collect votes.
READY? Then let's go! Have Fun!
Week 1 - Marina Blue
Inspirational Quote : "Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's party!'" ~Robin Williams Twist : Party Hearty! Sample : Bois d'arc by GentlewoodFarms
1. The Wrong Tooth by Carbphrek
*2. Jumping by Lamoo12
*3. ROCK STEADY by Mikailablackmon
4. Sea Life by PamStewart.Iowa
5. Abby by Msmama
6. Andy and Duck at the Aquarium by Rubymillerand
7. Sibling by Pam In TX
8. Big Kahuna by Jen E
*9. Friends by Lookin4newideas
*10. Bon Voyage First Birthday by Sasload4
*11. Little Mermaid by Tracy F
*12. Rainy Regata by SonjaC
Week 2 - Lotta Lime Green
Inspirational Quote : "Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems." ~Rainer Maria Rilke Twist : Poetry Sample :Green Pastures by GentlewoodFarms
1. all shades of green by Nannyfeb
2. Leea Soccer by PamStewart.Iowa
3. A Good day for a Hike by Carbphrek
4. Sprout by Forevervampress
5. Baby's 1st Spring by Rubymillerand
*6. Easter 2012 by Lookin4newideas
7. NESSIE by Sasload4
*8. he loves me not... he loves me .. .he loves me not... by Mikailablackmon
9. Awesome Memories by Pam In TX
10. JV by Msmama
*11. Blessings by Vincarash
12. Mo'o by Tracy F
13. Horsin' Around by SonjaC
Week 3 - NEUTRALS ONLY!!!
Inspirational Quote : "The earth laughs in flowers." ~ E.E. Cummings Twist : Laughter
1. Leea in Pumpkin Patch by PamStewart.Iowa
2. My New Booster Seat by Marcilb
3. Elephants on display by Nannyfeb
4. Freshman by Msmama
5. 6th grade band rocks by Joannie
6. Zoe by Carbphrek
*6. Explore Together by SonjaC
7. Mudding by Pam In TX
*8. Laughter by Tracy F
9. Hunting Eggs! by Sasload4
*10. M for Melanie by Lookin4newideas
11. timeless beauty by Vincarash
Week 4 - Bellflower Purple
Inspirational Quote : "April hath put a spirit of youth in everything." ~William Shakespeare Twist : Young and Old Alike Sample :Bobby Dog by GentlewoodFarms