Page 1 of 20 
Username Post: April *BUDGET* Challenge - Do you DARE to keep track???        (Topic#1573117)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Welcome to the April BUDGET Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...)

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month of April that you would like to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

The catch: You can spend your money on whatever you want, wishlist or impulse, but you must buy at least half of the items on your wish list!!! For example, if you list 10 items, you have to buy at least 5 of those and have me strike them off your list, etc. Please, make sure to tell me when I am supposed to strike off an item!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

TWISTED!!! List at least one thing you are not allowed to buy for the whole month.

PARTICIPANTS

Sonja
Budget: $100-20=$80-21=$59-10=$49 -42=$7-1=$6-36=BUST!!
Wishlist: Prima SUN KISS papers, bling, and flowers, storage box for punches, Baby boy papers, chipboard pieces, Yellow mist and light blue mist, Baby boy embellishments, G45 Tropical Travelogue papers, Faber-Castell Watercolor pencils or Gelatos, Cricut All About Boys cartridge
TWIST: No other flowers or papers, no other Cricut carts, no other inks or mists! BUST!!

Tammy
Budget: $300-17=$283-8=$275-230=$ 45
Wishlist: all the SU stuff I NEED but can't get in the UK, Sizzix Dr Bag,
Twist: Nothing I can get in the UK unless it is significantly cheaper here

Ausra
Budget: $50
Wishlist: Adhesive, Summer Vacation Cricut cart, crop nights
Twist: NOTHING else!

Pat
Budget: $25-BUST!
Wishlist: 12x12 album
Twist:

Tina
Budget: $50-30=$20-35=BUST!
Wishlist: [STRIKE]tree stamp, Happy Aniversary stamp,[/STRIKE] TH Markers (w/ gift card!)
Twist: ribbon and paper packs

Alissa
Budget: $20-Crop=BUST!!
Wishlist: papers and stamps on my wishlist at ACOT
Twist: nothing from Ms or HL

Kelly
Budget: $0-24= BUST!
Wishlist: MS Crochet Floral PATP, EP Note to Self, EP Pride & Joy, Cotillion kit, maybe Prima Sun Kissed, Sohouette, mats & blades
Twist: No flowers, ribbons, bling or other paper than what is listed.

Vivian
Budget: $1000 $30-10=$20-15=$5-??=BUST!!
Wishlist: I don't know what I need right now. Don't know what I want either.
Twist: But I do know I CAN'T be shopping for scrappy stuff until my crafty corner gets set up!

Katie
Budget:
Wishlist:
Twist:

Courtney
Budget: $250-22=$228-80=$148-22=$ 126-9.96=$116.04-20=$96.04-20-13=$63.04-30=$33.04-83=BUST!!
Wishlist: Lucky 8 Punch, Plane Jane Glimmer Mist, Glimmer Mist,MY DARN TIM HOLTZ MARKERS, SOD kit
Twist: no paper (except whats in my kit) BUST, no flowers

Shayla
Budget: $50-51.35=BUST!
Wishlist: Wave Searcher by Fancy Pants, Awesome by Simple Stories, basketball collection by Echo Park, ATG tape
Twist: Anything I can't use for current projects/pictures already printed

Edited by SonjaC on 04-27-12 01:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

I'll start us off:

Budget: $100
Wishlist: Prima SUN KISS papers, bling, and flowers, G45 Tropical Travelogue papers, Baby boy papers/embellishments, chipboard pieces, Faber-Castell Watercolor pencils or Gelatos, storage box for punches, Cricut All About Boys cartridge, Yellow mist and light blue mist,
TWIST: No other flowers or papers, no other Cricut carts, no other inks or mists!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

LOL why do you even have a twist? LOL

Okay I am here but I need to think about my budget lol but

My Wish List - all the SU stuff I NEED but can't get in the UK

my Twist will be - Nothing I can get in the UK unless it is significantly cheaper here

The hard part of this is the discontinued list for stamps comes out Apr 15 and for accessories Apr 25 - there is more accessories on the list I think that I can't get in the UK but I can move that to May (but then that is when the preorder comes for new product!!!)

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Ladybing Tammy

OK. Let's try this again....

Spending limit: $50 and only on adhesive. If I get a Cricut cart Summer Vacation under $20, that is all I am buying. Nothing else.The$50 also includes crop nights. I am scrapfasting.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to scrappnmom2il

I managed to keep inside my budget last month, so I'm going to push it a little.

I'm trying to save for a trip to Italy, and I need more scrap supplies like I need a hole in my head.

I'm going to set my budget for April at ...

$25.

Yep. That's IT, and only because I KNOW that at some point, I'm going to find SOMEthing that I just HAVE to have, but I'm going to try REALLY hard not to spend ANYthing.

We'll see how long that lasts. Ooooh, look! Paper!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to GentlewoodFarms

lol at Pat!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

$50 budget
Wishlist: tree stamp, Happy Anniversary stamp
Twist: ribbon and paper packs

I can't resist a single sheet here and there:)
I am thinking about the TH markers, but if I purchase, I am using a $100 giftcard towards them.
Just sayin' LOL

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to tinadn

I really should get back to my $10 budget...

BUDGET: $20
WISH: papers and stamps on my wish list at ACOT
TWIST: nothing from Ms or HL

I have my eye on papers from Prima, MME, Kaisercraft, and Melissa Frances (I wish more stores carried her stuff!). I also want a couple of the new Prima stamps- a vintage tea cup and sailboat. AND I've discovered Stampavie and I want one of those as well

Gonna spend some quality time on CL this morning and sell c r a p

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to runzalot81

Hi hear you Alissa - I am that way with Teresa Collins - I just recently discovered some wonderful papers by her.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I'm in. I was good for the last few months, so I may increase my budget a little for April. Maybe... I only have 12 days to shop. Can't get into too much trouble. Or can I?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

oh heavens - Kelly you can do more damage in 12 days than I care to think about!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I think my budget will be $300 - yes a nice round number that allows me a $200 SU order and a bit more! woohoo! I am looking to find a Sizzix Dr Bag on sale somewhere in the States on Easter Weekend and hopefully a coupon somewhere that I can use against it!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Wow, Tammy, that is some budget! When I get back from my trip in May, I definitely want some SU stuff. I need that owl punch and that bird punch.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

that owl punch can do soooo much - tulips, penguins, reindeer heads!!! oh my my friend has it and wow it is very versatile!

I joined as a demonstrator so I get the stuff I can't get in the UK as there was this amazing deal during sale-a-bration. I love how everything coordinates so I am trying to desperately use up the stash I have before i move.

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 03-31-12 06:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I'm still awake and it's officially Monday and I made it through Saturday without buying anything. The hard part of the weekend is over!

Vivian Lake
Guru
Vivian Lake
In response to runzalot81

$1000

Ok - how many of you just spit on your computer??

Did you gals miss me? Cause I sure missed you!!!

My true budget is a mere $30.
Wish List: I don't know what I need right now. Don't know what I want either.
Twist:But I do know that I CAN'T be shopping for scrappy stuff until my crafty corner gets set up.

Last month I snuck in a purchase of face stamps and am excited to use those. But really, I'm excited just to be in my new home, new craft space, new kitchen, etc etc. You get the idea!!! What a ride and one I do NOT want to repeat. But yeah, it was worth it.
To give you an idea, my son was in and out the house all day yesterday. Played with whatever he could find in the house (new vacuum cleaner comes to mind) and was generally loud and busy. BUT it was all good cause we have so much more room here for him to be that active little boy he needs to be. Boat loads of kids in this neighborhood too and he's anxious to meet them all!! LOL

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Vivian Lake

Vivian, glad you are getting settled.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

Vivian! Yes we missed you and what joy we all had when we heard you got a house!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

I'm in this month and let's hope I don't fall off the face of the internet again. Some days I just don't feel like sitting in front of the computer like hubby does. I'm not feeling the scrappyness and I'm spending way to much $ on clothing. I'm rather horrible about posting my spendings. I buy stuff and leave it in the car, and before I know it, I've forgotten about it!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to kdinsmore

I am here...getting all of my challenges ready for the month of April!

I will think really hard about my budget and wish list

Page 1 of 20 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics