Username Post: Sewing machines for SB stitchting        (Topic#1573183)
LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

I love the look of stitching on pages but I neither sew, nor have room for a standard sewing machine. Does anyone use the hand-held sewing machines? I saw one at TJ Maxx for $6.99. I don't know why I didn't just pick it up...

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to LesleyC

I've never heard good reviews for the teeny tiny ones. They're just not sturdy enough and they rip up the paper.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Here Kitty

I'm with Amy. I've never heard good reviews from them, either. I have the Janome Sew Easy. I got it for $40 at Hancock Fabrics. It has a few different stitches and is super easy to use. It's also lightweight and smaller than a regular sewing machine. The main issue I've heard about it is that it doesn't have a light, but since I have a bright Ott light on my desk, that doesn't bother me.

That being said, I currently have it covered up in stuff and haven't unearthed it in a while. I need to get it back out again!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to siameseplease

What about the Sew easy or Sew stamper? Have you look into this? They seems to be pretty easy to use and not expensive at all, maybe someone here will give both of us some ideas.

I don't how to sew either and love the look as well and my scrap corner doesn't allow me for something big and bulky so I'm seriously thinking about getting those. Just a thought!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics