Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Discovered Distress Ink -- <3<3<3        (Topic#1573297)
LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC

Well, I didn't *discover* it, seeing as it's been around for years, but I discovered it for myself. In love!!

I'll launch into my mom's Europe scrapbook when I complete it, but this is the project that made me buy Distress ink in the first place.

It seems like most Distress Ink projects are done in Vintage Photo -- what other colors do you love? I bought the VP and Wild Honey (on clearance at HL), and love them both, but want to try others.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to LesleyC

They are awesome and he has markers and the bottle thingys with the ink that all match. I am so hooked on the distressed inks.

J-M
J-M 34
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 04-02-12 05:29 PM
In response to scrappnmom2il

It's like Lays - you can't stop at just one!

I love walnut stain, that's my absolute favourite, there's rarely a lo I do that doesn't use it. I also really like faded jeans, broken china and tumbled glass - but I have a boy, and do a lot of blue LOs!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to J-M

walnut stain
fired brick
tattered rose
picket fence
black soot
broken china

LOVE distress inks

Expert
In response to madmatter

I've always used a lot of Tea Dye or Black Soot, but just recently got the Vintage Photo and really like that too. They are fun!

Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister
In response to HuskerMom98

When you're working with white or cream colored paper, Antique Linen creates a fantastic and elegant effect. Black Soot edging gives elements definition. In general, use a distressing ink that goes several shades darker.have fun!

scrapsweet
Veteran
scrapsweet
In response to Mr Mister

I am in the process of collecting them all one by one!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to scrapsweet

I'm curious, what do you like most about them? I know a lot of people like them. I have some, but to be honest, I haven't quite figured out how they're any different/better than other inks?

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Tina scraps

they are blendable
they react with water to make very cool effects
they can be shaded
they take longer to dry which is great for embossing
they come in fantastic colors which coordinate with the rest of Tim Holz's line

the best way to get an idea of what they can do is to go to Tim's blog and click on the demo for them

have fun

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to madmatter

Only a few months ago I finished my collection of distress inks, and now I am working on the stains and pens, I just love them all! I just love that you can emboss with them!

My favorite 'go to' colors are crushed olive, vintage photo and black soot, and more recently the ripe persimmon from the fall seasonal collection

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to MrsAnnieS

AWESOME!!

I love them all. For real. I use every color available.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to LesleyC

Just got barn door!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
they are blendable
they can be shaded

the best way to get an idea of what they can do is to go to Tim's blog and click on the demo for them

have fun

THIS.

oldsusana
Tenant
oldsusana
In response to Manda_K

Vintage photo is a staple on my desk. I use it on almost every project! Other colors that get a good workout are broken china, peeled paint and barn door. I also make frequent use of many of the brown family colors from light to dark. I sometimes brush antique linen over pp to mute the white/colors just a tad.

scrappyjae
Tenant
scrappyjae
In response to oldsusana

I just have one right now...walnut stain I believe. I am working no getting some others. Got to take turns using coupons with these and Spellbinders. The Antique Linen sounds intriguing....dont' thing I have seen that one in any of the stores around me. Might have to go looking for that one.

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:

Here's is a great video showing some neat Distress Ink tricks. The video is at the bottom of the page.

http://store.scrapbook.com/gb-tim21414.html

Thanks for the color rec's! I think I'm going to get the broken china and olive next.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
they are blendable
they can be shaded

have fun

guess I will have to check that out, thanks!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Tina scraps

Well not sure if I have a fave probably Vintage photo but I have them all and most of the stains. I love playing with them and they just blend so beautifully.

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to Sneezy1956

I use Tea Dye a Lot (but it is pretty close in color to Vintage Photo I understand).

I also like Walnut Stain and Faded Jeans a lot.

Edited by KatieJo on 04-03-12 12:15 PM. Reason for edit: Can't spelll

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to KatieJo

I was intrigued by them mainly because of everyone here saying how great they are...Well, got my first three a few weekends ago with a coupon @ J's and so far love them. Haven't completed a LO with them yet but applied it to the edges on a mini-album and oh boy oh boy!! Next on my list: old paper, aged magohany, black soot and so on...

Edited by GIGIGI30 on 04-03-12 12:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics