Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What type of album is best?        (Topic#1573387)
omgeeitsaubs
New Kid On the Block
omgeeitsaubs

I am in the beginning of getting stuff together for my wedding album. (my wedding was 2 years ago and I am finally finding enough time to do it). My only dilemma is what type of album is best for a 50+ page scrapbook. I do not like the screw binding because I tried that for my son's first year and it consisted of 40 pages and it came apart while it was on display at his birthday party. So I am asking your opinion. What do you think of snapload or 3 ring? What type of album is the best?

-Aubrey

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to omgeeitsaubs

I personally would go for the snapload. Then again maybe a 3 ring. I have used both for albums with more than 50 pages. The snapload could get bulky and the 3 ring can snap open.

I do yearly albums, meaning that an entire year goes into an album. I don't seperate holidays or special events. I end up having 2 albums per year. Each album can have anywhere between 75-80 pages.

It is totally upto you. Maybe make your lo's first and then see which would be best.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-04-12 04:46 PM
In response to scrappnmom2il

Definitely snapload....AND you can buy the parts to convert other types of albums to it, so if you fall in love with a post bound album. just buy the kit and switcheroo.

http://store.scrapbook.com/p-2-sl.html

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to gone

I've never had a 3-ring snap open and I have a ton of LOs (heavily embellished) in mine.

3-ring all the way

whateveriwant
Resident
whateveriwant
In response to tinacome

• tinacome Said:
I've never had a 3-ring snap open and I have a ton of LOs (heavily embellished) in mine.

3-ring all the way

I haven't had a 3-ring snap open either. I prefer them over all the other albums.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to whateveriwant

Switched to 3 ring snap opens several years ago and have been converting my snap loads since. I have pretty bulky books.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to 950nancy

D Ring (3 ring) is much better for larger albums especially if you have bulky items like flowers or memorabilia

michelley2002
Resident
michelley2002
In response to Just G

I use 3 ring and have at least 80 pages in some of them with no issues. I have never used a snap load album so I can't compare them.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to michelley2002

I changed over to 3-rings. I chrono scrap so I can have 4 to 5 albums per year. Sometimes I can get 25-30 pages per album - depends on how much stuff I put on a page.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to prittb

I prefer 3 ring D ring type, my fave is We R Memory Keepers. Especially if you are going to heavy embelish you will love the page protectors.

omgeeitsaubs
New Kid On the Block
omgeeitsaubs
In response to Sneezy1956

Hmm... Has anyone done a 3 ring scrapbook for a wedding scrapbook? Does it look wierd or no? Because that's what i'm afraid of..

michelley2002
Resident
michelley2002

My wedding album is in a three ring. The only downfall is that there is a gap between 2 page layouts because of the rings. This doesn't really bother me but it does some people. You could always do a two page layout and then put it in any three ring binder you have around the house just to see how it looks and decide from there. I just like that I can have so many more pages in a three ring book.

omgeeitsaubs
New Kid On the Block
omgeeitsaubs
In response to michelley2002

Does anyone know where I can get something similar to this: http://store.scrapbook.com/theme/love-5.html

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

• omgeeitsaubs Said:
Does anyone know where I can get something similar to this: http://store.scrapbook.com/theme/love-5.html

Similar to what? You just posted a whole page of items.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

• omgeeitsaubs Said:
Hmm... Has anyone done a 3 ring scrapbook for a wedding scrapbook? Does it look wierd or no? Because that's what i'm afraid of..

yes! I made a fairly large (40 page ... 80 LOs) wedding album for a friend for her wedding last year. I found a pretty one at Hobby Lobby, but it wasn't easy finding a deep enough one to fit everything that wasn't plain and boring.

JediScrapToo
Diva
JediScrapToo
In response to madmatter

I personally do not use either post bound or 3 ring binders for my personal use, CM albums - strap hinge only for me! They lay flat AND the pages are close together.

But, I have made a few post bound albums as gifts and used the snap load converters for those, very easy to use!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

• omgeeitsaubs Said:

Not sure what you're referencing - do you mean this? (below)

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to Here Kitty

I hate post bound albums...switched years ago to using all D ring albums. I have never tried the snap loading albums. I like that I can easilly move things around in the D ring albums. I do wish the pages didn't have a gap between them though. I think for a special album (like wedding) that would probably bother me. For my general albums I just get over it.

omgeeitsaubs
New Kid On the Block
omgeeitsaubs
In response to NMlady

Sorry for the confusion. This is what i'm talking about. Did the link work of only posting one? I don't know if 8x8 would be too small to do a wedding scrapbook. i printed all 4 x 6's and feel like 12 x 12 would be too big. How does a snapload work? Can I add like 50 pages to it? Or is it just with what it comes with? Link

Expert

I have an 8.5x8.5 album that is 3 years of Christmases and I counted 37 page protectors. I wouldn't recommend trying to squeeze 50 page protectors in one this size--if your 50 pages=25 protectors then it might be ok. I do need to replace my album because the posts pulled through one in one place.

The only thing would be the number of photos you have. At 4x6 you can only get 2 to a (crowded) page unless you do some cropping.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics