Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: dog lo embellies        (Topic#1573441)
Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

Another thing to look for, Angie, are "friendship" embellishments. "Best Friend" etc. could very well apply to a pet.

Think outside the box.

I used a "My Girl" sticker on a dog layout. The sticker was part of a baby girl sheet.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Bxr-Linda

I also have quite a collection of doggie stuff. I made a 8x8 album to put all of the pooches I had over the years. I usually find all types of stuff at A's, J' and M's.

I like the idea of making my own paper using clipart. I have a greyhound and there isn't much out there for that breed. My dh says to use princess stuff, since she is a princess.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to scrappnmom2il

I have some cute Basic Grey doggie embellies...not sure what the name of the line is though.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to KellyLeigh

i have some pic of my dogs if you want to see in my gallery

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to southern lady

Elvis the Narcotics Sniffing Dog By Henri Jean

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
I just looked thru my gallery and not a single one of my dog layouts have "dog" paper or embellies. (Except the "woof" that I believe is from my Cricut sampler.)

I'll keep an eye out for you when I'm out and about and let you know if I see anything.

These are GREAT!

I'm going to peruse your gallery some more. Promise I'm not a stalker.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to PhotobearSam

• PhotobearSam Said:
I love stickers but that does not work for everyone.

Have you tried the paw print border punch? I love mine for cat layouts.

OOOO That's CUTE!

On my wishlist. Wonder if anyone has this one locally. Don't think I've seen it.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
Another thing to look for, Angie, are "friendship" embellishments. "Best Friend" etc. could very well apply to a pet.

Think outside the box.

I used a "My Girl" sticker on a dog layout. The sticker was part of a baby girl sheet.

Thanks Linda. I'm sure I have more than enough baby boy type stickers and embellies than I have photos for DSS. I'll have to take a look thru those.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to angie girl

Hot Off The Press has a line of kits called Finished In A Flash which includes "My Dog Kit." It has papers, brads, die cuts and ribbon for doggy pages. I used quite a lot of things from that kit in a story book about my 2 English Springer Spaniels.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Ms. Fit

Just FYI ... don't use dog bone paper clips as a paper clip. I think they're adorable, and if you stitched them on, they'd be fine. A friend of mine posted a pic of her using them to clip (like normal) a piece of paper, and well, it had two bumps and a long piece hanging down. Let's just say it looked a bit X-rated!!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to tanyaham

• tanyaham Said:
Just FYI ... don't use dog bone paper clips as a paper clip. I think they're adorable, and if you stitched them on, they'd be fine. A friend of mine posted a pic of her using them to clip (like normal) a piece of paper, and well, it had two bumps and a long piece hanging down. Let's just say it looked a bit X-rated!!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to kelseymel

LMAO, Melissa!! Glad you got what I was trying to say, without SAYING it!!!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to tanyaham

It's hilarious. It makes me want to find some dog bone paperclips!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to kelseymel

Angie, I have the paw print punch. I would be happy to punch anything for you. I am in the middle of making and 8 x8 album for our puppy. HL has the most dog embellies in out town. Long thin strips of paper with a couple of silver eyelets make a cute collar. I also have the Paper Pups Cricut cart and made the cutest LO for a friend using that. I'd be happy to cut you some pups from that cart too if you don't have it.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
It's hilarious. It makes me want to find some dog bone paperclips!

I can mail you some if you want. I have some. I might have to try it to see. Besides my puppy is a boy, that's appropriate, right?

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
Angie, I have the paw print punch. I would be happy to punch anything for you. I am in the middle of making and 8 x8 album for our puppy. HL has the most dog embellies in out town. Long thin strips of paper with a couple of silver eyelets make a cute collar. I also have the Paper Pups Cricut cart and made the cutest LO for a friend using that. I'd be happy to cut you some pups from that cart too if you don't have it.

I bought that punch today.

Have paper pups but I dunno what to do with it. Need to search the gallery for inspiration.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

Heck I could use his real harness since he chewed THROUGH the stupid thing. Grrrr! He was doing so well leaving it alone...until today.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

How about using a badge since his name is Trooper? Play off the 'cop' angle?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ScrappyMama6

How funny about the dog bone paper clips! Definitely got the visual!

AmyK75
AmyK75 
Veteran
AmyK75
In response to Bxr-Linda

If I see dog paper I buy it, I am awful, but one thing I have found is depending on what color your dog is if you use pattern/lines of paper that compliment his or her coloring it will look great and not need to be to doggy.

As for the Embelles... well I snatch them up whever I see new ones too. I know that HL had some good ones, you don't have to use dog ones all the time. I like to use my dog's name a lot and I'll put flowers or anything. I have a couple posted in my gallery feel free to take a look.

Puppy Love By AmyK75

Edited by AmyK75 on 04-09-12 08:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics