Username Post: Glue Type Adhesive        (Topic#1573445)
scrappy_girl77
Tenant
scrappy_girl77

Help - I am finally running out of my stock pile of the old style 3M Duck Adhesive runners. I DO NOT like tape style runners - the type that have little tape tabs. When I look at adhesive on-line it is hard to tell if they are "tape tabs" vs an actual adhesive type. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best non-tape adhesive?

bgsl56
bgsl56 
Expert
bgsl56
In response to scrappy_girl77

I saw many posts about people loving their ATG tape guns and wondered what it was all about. I had been using the little squares with the tabs you had to remove to expose the glue. Anyways I got an ATG (on sale at M's) and realized what the fuss was all about! It is so much faster to use and actually is much less expensive than the other types. Have tried several other smaller tape runners and didn't like them and the refills are very pricy for the amount of tape you get. Some people don't care for the larger size ---- but I really like it ----- it doesn't get lost in the pile when I'm being creative. A few minutes and you've got it figured out. I rarely use any other adhesives. Also --- you can get some good deals on the refill rolls if you buy a quantity on ebay. Hope this helps.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to bgsl56

i have a wanna be ATG (glue glider pro) and I like it but the refills are expensive and you have to watch how much you use. HOWEVER I do find a little goes a long way.

I also have smaller ones like the 3L

The Glue Glider and 3L have little rectangular strips of adhesive and some have dots other have tabs.

Not really sure what the dif sizes do...

Edited by Just G on 04-05-12 07:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Just G

I adore my ATG. It is probably my best scrappy tool. I buy my refills in bulk online and have no complaints about the price.

Sonsie
Sonsie 
Pro
Sonsie
In response to Luvmyfam

I love my Glue Glider Pro. However when I do a serious amount of work like massive matting and big pieces or Xmas cards and such I fall back on a fast and cheaper thing. Zip Glue.

Zip Dry Paper Glue - 2 ounce bottle

This is great and the best thing about it is that you have a few seconds to straighten things up before it sets. This saves me serious cash.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Sonsie

I remember the Duck!! Loved them!!
Bazzill just came out with a refillable dispenser that seems to use the same type of adhesive. I've only been using it for about a month, but I think I really like it The refills hold three times the amount of adhesive than the 3L tape runners that I've been using.

There's also another one similar to that type of adhesive that is also refillable, but much cheaper. Let me see if I can find it in the superstore because I don't remember the name of it.

OK--I can't find the 2nd tape runner, but I'll try to remember to look up the name this weekend. I have it at home.

Here is the Bazzill runner and refill though. The only trick with this one is that when you're applying the adhesive, you have to keep the runner flat. Other runners you can tilt it in your hand as you apply, and you can with this one also, but you'll get the top of the runner all gummy. Not a big deal, just pull it off and keep on going, but holding it flat avoids that problem.

Edited by Kim222 on 04-06-12 05:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to Kim222

I guess I am old school... I use tombo mono adhesive or herma squares... buy refills at Michaels with a 40% off coupon.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to KellyLeigh

I don't know how I ever scrapped without my ATG.

IMO, it's the best invention ever.

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010
In response to kelseymel

I live by the Mono glue and runners they are the greatest!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Scrap Princess72010

ATG!!!!!!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Henri Jean

ATG for my tape runner and liquid glue is Best Glue Ever.

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to Sneezy1956

I like the ATG too. I generally get the adhesive on sale... especially since a store within walking distance of me has started taking competitors coupons. Yeah! Makes it even cheaper.

Mishay36
Pro
Mishay36
In response to KatieJo

Ive never used ATG....maybe its time I step up.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Mishay36

Mishay I'm on my 2nd gun, my first one I had for 6 years before it took one drop to many and broke the cover I've been using on since I think 99.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics