Username Post: Bought a Fancypants Brag Book        (Topic#1573489)
LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC

I scrapped at As last night and someone else there had bought a Brag Book from Fancypants. I've been tempted with smash books but I don't like that everything is so categorized. The Brag Book seems njce and general, and there are lots of pockets. This seems perfect to scrap "everyday" stuff, and to keep sort of an idea journal going.

So I bought one. I am going to use papers-that-I-bought-beca use-they-are-pretty-t-rea lly-don't-go-with-my-layo uts to dress it up.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to LesleyC

I haven't seen the Fancy Pants books in person but I have looked at them on this site...
I bought a Smash book, though. I 've used it for my travel journal when we went to New Zealand this past February.
I decorated it with pp and embellishments and used some of the pockets...I'm not sure what you mean by categorized. I know they call the different coloured books different names but the papers inside are all pretty generic and I had no difficulty adapting it for my travel book.....

Alison

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to kiyawinn

.I'm not sure what you mean by categorized. I know they call the different coloured books different names but the papers inside are all pretty generic and I had no difficulty adapting it for my travel book.....

Maybe 'categorized' is the wrong word. I just think the labels on Smash books would limit me. Personal preference.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to LesleyC

Lesley, I'm not sure if "categorized" is the right word, either, but I know what you mean. I've passed on the Smash books for the same reason. I really like the Fancy Pants book. I haven't seen it in person yet, but I'm adding this one to my wish list. Thanks for sharing!

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
Lesley, I'm not sure if "categorized" is the right word, either, but I know what you mean. I've passed on the Smash books for the same reason. I really like the Fancy Pants book. I haven't seen it in person yet, but I'm adding this one to my wish list. Thanks for sharing!

I'm glad that made sense. I loved the concept of the SMASH book (once I saw what the fuss was about), but I wanted something a little more generic. Then I saw the FP Brag Book. I'm decorating it today in My Minds Eye - So Sophie (from peachycheap.com), which complements the brown perfectly.

I guess this will sort of be a "Book of Me".

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to LesleyC

I made my own smash book with a steno notepad. I used mine for collecting ideas for scrapping. Before I recycle a scrap magazine, I clip out the parts I want to save and put them in my smash book.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to LesleyC

That is really cute.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to anda11

I have both the Smash book and the Brag book... I love them both. So far I have used my Smash book. It wont be long before I start using my brag book too...

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to debby_westbrook

I have the smash book and need to get started on it. The brag book looks very interesting.

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to debby_westbrook

• debby_westbrook Said:
I have both the Smash book and the Brag book... I love them both. So far I have used my Smash book. It wont be long before I start using my brag book too...

I'm actually going to a cookie decorating blogger/workshop/retreat thingy next weekend. I might buy a second Brag Book to put together just for that! But it might be too much for just a weekend trip.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics